+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
Can you give us more information about your situation?

How long have you been in Canada? Why was the work permit refused? (I'm assuming it was a PGWP that you applied for.)
Came into Canada 2021 march with one study visa along the line lost my dad may withdraw from school because I became sick , then my lawyer file for a work permit instead of extension said it was better that way, since then I have been waiting for reply from immigration, nov 2 2022 got a refusal and a voluntary departure letter don’t knw what else to do am so confused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Came into Canada 2021 march with one study visa along the line lost my dad may withdraw from school because I became sick , then my lawyer file for a work permit instead of extension said it was better that way, since then I have been waiting for reply from immigration, nov 2 2022 got a refusal and a voluntary departure letter don’t knw what else to do am so confused
Did you complete your studies in Canada?

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
Paid my fee but didn’t complete my studies was sick so I had to with draw , contacted my school they said because I withdraw they erase my scores am so confuse

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I re enrolled in another school did first semester but was stopped because I had no status
I don't understand why your lawyer applied for a work permit extension. He should have applied for a study permit extension before your first study permit expired or alternatively applied to restore your status to study permit.

When did you fall out of status in Canada? Do you still have time to restore your status?

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
I don't understand why your lawyer applied for a work permit extension. He should have applied for a study permit extension before your first study permit expired or alternatively applied to restore your status to study permit.

When did you fall out of status in Canada? Do you still have time to restore your status?
My visa expired April 2022, and I was refused November 2,2022

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please post the full refusal letter (removing your name, of course).

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
Please I need advice what should I do
23:52
TIl LTE
X
Decision Letter - 111089312...
公門
of Canada
Gouvernement
vanad?
PROTECTED - B
Date: November
Annlication no
Dear'
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your application and
supporting documentation to remain in Canada as a worker, I have determined that your
application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
(IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your
application on the following grounds:
You are not elidible for a work permit as vou did not comov with a conditions imposed
on vour entrv into Canada as per R18101 10).
To get helo with understanding our temporary resident application refusal and what you can do
next, visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application.
Next Steps:
If you decide to apply again, know that:
your new application will be assessed on its own merits,
you must resubmit a new application and all relevant supporting documents and pay
a new lemporary resn aicaton an
vour new apolication mav be refused unless It is supported ov new or oferent
Intormation that would satistv the oicer that vou meet al apolication requrements
For additional information on next steps and legal references, you can visit:
Our online Help Centrehttps://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1485
The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/
The Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR)
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html
Canadä
IM (05.2022) E
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

TIl LTE
X
公門
of Canada
Gouvernement
vanad?
PROTECTED - B
Annlication no
Dear'
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your application and
supporting documentation to remain in Canada as a worker, I have determined that your
application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
(IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your
You are not elidible for a work permit as vou did not comov with a conditions imposed
To get helo with understanding our temporary resident application refusal and what you can do
Next Steps:
you must resubmit a new application and all relevant supporting documents and pay
Intormation that would satistv the oicer that vou meet al apolication requrements
Our online Help Centrehttps://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1485
Canadä
IM (05.2022) E
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Can you post the voluntary departure letter you have received as well?

What does your lawyer say you should do now?

I'm not sure your case would be very strong for H&C. So I'm not sure that would be a good path for you.

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022

TIl LTE
X
公門
of Canada
Gouvernement
vanad?
PROTECTED - B
Annlication no
Dear'
Next Steps:
Canadä
IM (05.2022) E
Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca
Can you post the voluntary departure letter you have received as well?

What does your lawyer say you should do now?

I'm not sure your case would be very strong for H&C. So I'm not sure that would be a good path for you.
Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada
Date: November 1st, 2022
Immigration, Réfugiés
et Citoyenneté Canada
If you have left or been removed from Canada please disregard this letter.
As you are currently out of status you are required to leave Canada within thirty (30) days. A
voluntary departure form has been sent along with this letter. Please present this letter to an
Immigration/ Border Services Officer before departing Canada.
Again, when you leave Canada, you must appear before an Immigration Officer, so that your
departure can be verified.
The appropriate Immigration Officer can be found at the Canada Immigration Centre located at
the land border crossing or the international airport from which you depart.
The client number shown in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. The number provides access to information on your file. For your own protection,
you should not allow an other person to use this number.
Regards,
5353 Dundas Street West
Etobicoke ON M9B 6K5

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada
Date: November 1st, 2022
Immigration, Réfugiés
et Citoyenneté Canada
If you have left or been removed from Canada please disregard this letter.
As you are currently out of status you are required to leave Canada within thirty (30) days. A
voluntary departure form has been sent along with this letter. Please present this letter to an
Immigration/ Border Services Officer before departing Canada.
Again, when you leave Canada, you must appear before an Immigration Officer, so that your
departure can be verified.
The appropriate Immigration Officer can be found at the Canada Immigration Centre located at
the land border crossing or the international airport from which you depart.
The client number shown in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. The number provides access to information on your file. For your own protection,
you should not allow an other person to use this number.
Regards,
5353 Dundas Street West
Etobicoke ON M9B 6K5
What is your lawyer recommending that you do?

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
What is your lawyer recommending that you do?
I left the previous lawyer , so my new lawyer advice I apply for visitors visa to get my status along side work permit but am still confuse about this voluntary departure letter please advise me ,what if the 30days elapse ll I be deported

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
I left the previous lawyer , so my new lawyer advice I apply for visitors visa to get my status along side work permit but am still confuse about this voluntary departure letter please advise me ,what if the 30days elapse ll I be deported
Am not satisfy with his suggestions what if I apply to complete my studies will I still be deported please I really need help and good advice now because am so frustrated and confuse