+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Y don’t you do a Ontario Photo card at Service Ontario. That will and can be use to do his biometrics
I am in Vancouver, British Columbia. It says to bring the passport during biometric appointment. I have booked the appointment for tomorrow.
I already wrote a web form 3 weeks ago but nothing heard back.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
I am in Vancouver, British Columbia. It says to bring the passport during biometric appointment. I have booked the appointment for tomorrow.
Ok but you should be able to use passport. Back when I did mines 4years ago I had expire passport in Toronto

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Ok but you should be able to use passport. Back when I did mines 4years ago I had expire passport in Toronto
His expired passport is with Indian embassy for renewal and renewal is pending untill he gave them his status. So just wondering if we can do it with expired passport for sure, we can ask for indian embassy to give passport back.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
His expired passport is with Indian embassy for renewal and renewal is pending untill he gave them his status. So just wondering if we can do it with expired passport for sure, we can ask for indian embassy to give passport back.
Wow…ok situation is sticky

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Wow…ok situation is sticky
Yeah, it is so stressful situation for me. I am thinking to take passport back and give a try to get biometrics done. As passport is just sitting there and they are not renewing it until he got pr or other valid document.

Cees

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
Do you have any valid ID? If not you can use the expired passport to do that.

Cees

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yes you can, we did our own with expired refugees paper.

Cees

Star Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, it is so stressful situation for me. I am thinking to take passport back and give a try to get biometrics done. As passport is just sitting there and they are not renewing it until he got pr or other valid document.
Go take the passport and do your biometric

Johy123

May 26, 2022
Hey I found out this forum just recently, I don't know if someone had this experience, or experiment something similar about my situation....I got accepted on the first stage of humanitarian couple months ago, however I had plans to get married, we arranged (pay) everything before I got AIP, and whatever outcome we decided to be together, we both have no status.....now that I got acceptance ¿ should I change my status till I get married? Do I have to upload my new info? What about my first stage process? Does that afect my application?, does it can be considered misinterpretation?
Thank you and God bless you all

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Hey I found out this forum just recently, I don't know if someone had this experience, or experiment something similar about my situation....I got accepted on the first stage of humanitarian couple months ago, however I had plans to get married, we arranged (pay) everything before I got AIP, and whatever outcome we decided to be together, we both have no status.....now that I got acceptance ¿ should I change my status till I get married? Do I have to upload my new info? What about my first stage process? Does that afect my application?, does it can be considered misinterpretation?
Thank you and God bless you all
Need to update that you are now married. And can you share your time line please

Johy123

May 26, 2022
Need to update that you are now married. And can you share your time line please
No no, I did not marry yet, I am getting married in 2 months, that's why I have that question, cause I am in stage 2, does it affect it? Or it is going to take more time

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
No no, I did not marry yet, I am getting married in 2 months, that's why I have that question, cause I am in stage 2, does it affect it? Or it is going to take more time
Did u put you were in a relationship. If you did that fine. Can you share your timeline

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you live together? If you have been living together for extended time (12 months) then you qualify as common law and need to update your marital status. If not, you will update status once you get married. Failure to do so will be grounds for mis-representation and revocation of Your PR later, including 5-year inadmissibility ban. Better to wait extra few months on Stage 2 than have to re-start from scratch, believe me. You got the hardest part - AIP - rest is just an annoying waiting game. My partner lost PR because they did not declare non-accompanying dependants with his ex-wife. It took him 7 years, 3 HCs and numerous federal court appeals to get his PR back. Not cool at all.

You can also wait to get PR before marriage, then you can marry and sponsor your spouse after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: R Brar and Swagzzy