+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Adam adam

May 22, 2022
Indeed. With the first Montreal officer who refused two HCs and PRRA, I just felt we were banging our heads against the wall. No matter what we added as extra evidence, it was disregarded outright and every HC establishment factor in her notes was presented as a reason to leave. Like "the applicant has canadian degree and experience. This will allow him to find a good job when he returns to his country". The nightmare did not end until 3rd HC was re-routed to a different office and person.
Hi, may I ask you if you have any choice where your file will be processed?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, may I ask you if you have any choice where your file will be processed?
The processing office for Stage 1 is determined by the backlog (volume of work). If your file is in English, it can end up in any BRO depending on who is "free" to take extra file. However, If your file is in French, it has a very high likelihood of ending up in Montreal. Our first two HCs and PRRA, as well as JR, were in French and all 4 files landed in Montreal.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
I have a question, I am sending my work permit application, but....what is the address? I have 3 different address online :s

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hi Everyone, I sent my application in March 2022, and got AOR on April 11. But AOR was just sent for me, but not for my husband. He just received the biometric letter with same application number. Is it just the primary applicant who gets AOR??

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone, I sent my application in March 2022, and got AOR on April 11. But AOR was just sent for me, but not for my husband. He just received the biometric letter with same application number. Is it just the primary applicant who gets AOR??
Yes

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Thanks for reply. My situation is very stressful. I applied for H&C by myself. It is based on best interest of children. I have two canadian born. My in laws family came to know about our H&C that we are out of status. And they are involvinv a lawyer who said to me, We will not get approved by any chance. He is saying us to apply for Visitor record and then for work permit. I know it looks like he is just doing these things to make money. Everyone is against me . Should I update a document in my file about this family situation of pressure for PR.

also my husband’s passport is expired and not able to complete biometrics. 30 days timline is passed and i put a web form almost 3weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks for reply. My situation is very stressful. I applied for H&C by myself. It is based on best interest of children. I have two canadian born. My in laws family came to know about our H&C that we are out of status. And they are involvinv a lawyer who said to me, We will not get approved by any chance. He is saying us to apply for Visitor record and then for work permit. I know it looks like he is just doing these things to make money. Everyone is against me . Should I update a document in my file about this family situation of pressure for PR.

also my husband’s passport is expired and not able to complete biometrics. 30 days timline is passed and i put a web form almost 3weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.
Don't listen to this lawyer, majority of lawyers in community centers or legal aid are very bad.
this video is vey helpful :
check on youtube : CJE refugee center you will find this video
HUMANITARIAN AND COMPASSIONATE CONSIDERATIONS H&C

this is a good comunity centre, listen to informations but when you will apply contact a good lawyer

Reactions: bella12