+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks for reply. My situation is very stressful. I applied for H&C by myself. It is based on best interest of children. I have two canadian born. My in laws family came to know about our H&C that we are out of status. And they are involvinv a lawyer who said to me, We will not get approved by any chance. He is saying us to apply for Visitor record and then for work permit. I know it looks like he is just doing these things to make money. Everyone is against me . Should I update a document in my file about this family situation of pressure for PR.

also my husband’s passport is expired and not able to complete biometrics. 30 days timline is passed and i put a web form almost 3weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada.html

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Don't listen to this lawyer, majority of lawyers in community centers or legal aid are very bad.
this video is vey helpful :
check on youtube : CJE refugee center you will find this video
HUMANITARIAN AND COMPASSIONATE CONSIDERATIONS H&C

this is a good comunity centre, listen to informations but when you will apply contact a good lawyer
Thanks for video. It gives good knowldge.

Reactions: wello711

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for reply. My situation is very stressful. I applied for H&C by myself. It is based on best interest of children. I have two canadian born. My in laws family came to know about our H&C that we are out of status. And they are involvinv a lawyer who said to me, We will not get approved by any chance. He is saying us to apply for Visitor record and then for work permit. I know it looks like he is just doing these things to make money. Everyone is against me . Should I update a document in my file about this family situation of pressure for PR.

also my husband’s passport is expired and not able to complete biometrics. 30 days timline is passed and i put a web form almost 3weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.
There are many people on this forum who have been waiting for their TRP application to be processed for more than a year and a half. And you can't get the work permit until the TRP is approved (having a visitor record does not qualify you to apply for a work permit, you need to get a TRP approved).

I would personally stick with the H&C application. The TRP is not a sure path and processing times are extremely long right now.

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
There are many people on this forum who have been waiting for their TRP application to be processed for more than a year and a half. And you can't get the work permit until the TRP is approved (having a visitor record does not qualify you to apply for a work permit, you need to get a TRP approved).

I would personally stick with the H&C application. The TRP is not a sure path and processing times are extremely long right now.
Yeah, I know he is just making money.

should I update a document to my file about situation of in laws family pressure for pr?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah, I know he is just making money.

should I update a document to my file about situation of in laws family pressure for pr?
I don't understand what you mean by "situation of in laws family pressure for PR".

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
my husband got biometric req. On April 11 but was unable to complete due to expired passport and 30 days timeline was passed. Today I got another email as final req. To submit biometrics within next 30 days otherwise application will be denied. Is there any way to do biometrics ?

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
my husband got biometric req. On April 11 but was unable to complete due to expired passport and 30 days timeline was passed. Today I got another email as final req. To submit biometrics within next 30 days otherwise application will be denied. Is there any way to do biometrics ?
Y don’t you do a Ontario Photo card at Service Ontario. That will and can be use to do his biometrics