+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Patt garcia

Jul 20, 2021
I rented a room! My daughter was born in ottawa so i knew the city before i guess that's why was easier for me. If you need help about houses or jobs in Ottawa i can share it with you :)

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
How long does take file for final review?
Depends on workload. Usually final review was several business days, but for us it took 3 months. There was no senior officer available to sign off and after months of wait they shipped the file to another office for sign-off. Niagara had a huge backlog last summer. Hope they cleared it all.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
So Im not alone!
My was denied in February and Im almost ready to send my second application.
No your not. And for me I did JR for my first one and it seems like it place my second one on hold not sure. I did it to prevent deportation and I have 4 Canadian born children

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon
Could you please tell me how long AIP normally takes. Also, how they process the application. Why it took all this time
There is no set rule on the length. It depends on the size of your file, whether you have deportation order, whether you have other applications outstanding (PRRA or JR), the workload in your office etc. Our first application took 16 months to refuse, second application was refused within 6 months, and third and final application got AIP only 1 month after submission (CBSA asked IRCC to accelerate).
For stage 1, they read your whole file to evaluate your humanitarian factors. It takes several months once your agent has been assigned. Stage 2 - they review your medical results and conduct background checks (criminality, security).

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
There is no set rule on the length. It depends on the size of your file, whether you have deportation order, whether you have other applications outstanding (PRRA or JR), the workload in your office etc. Our first application took 16 months to refuse, second application was refused within 6 months, and third and final application got AIP only 1 month after submission (CBSA asked IRCC to accelerate).
For stage 1, they read your whole file to evaluate your humanitarian factors. It takes several months once your agent has been assigned. Stage 2 - they review your medical results and conduct background checks (criminality, security).
Thanks a lot. I don’t have any other application (no JR or PRRA) and this is my first one. Is in process means the officer is already assigned

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
My automated line message says; reviewing ur eligibility, no need interview, biomatrics n medical n last we r processing ur background check. What could be the status. Pl @Katayoon . I had done medical earlier for extension n is valid. It is 12th month no AIP yet

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I rented a room! My daughter was born in ottawa so i knew the city before i guess that's why was easier for me. If you need help about houses or jobs in Ottawa i can share it with you :)
Ottawa is expansive like Montreal but i think houses there are better than those in montreal.
I want to know if i can find an appartement with 3 rooms between 1500- 2000 $ ?
it's not important for me to live close to the city center

Reactions: Patt garcia

aframehr

Nov 16, 2021
Hi Katayoon,

I am waiting for Aip since August 2021,
One month ago I applied for PRRA, as I was asked by CBSA. Will my PRRA application needs to be decided first? Will my PRRA application delay my H&C application?

Thanks,