+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hello guys. Please clarify if my mom can be eligible for H&C application if her husband (my father) passed away, she has no children, only me. No brothers or sisters. Me, my husband and our kids are PR in Canada. No other close relatives can take care of her in her country of origin. She currently holds a visitor visa and was approved for a super visa, but my plan is to have her by my side in Canada as a PR since she's absolutely alone.

Reactions: Ramone1

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys. Please clarify if my mom can be eligible for H&C application if her husband (my father) passed away, she has no children, only me. No brothers or sisters. Me, my husband and our kids are PR in Canada. No other close relatives can take care of her in her country of origin. She currently holds a visitor visa and was approved for a super visa, but my plan is to have her by my side in Canada as a PR since she's absolutely alone.
Why can’t you apply for PGP? How old is she? Can she care for herself (cook, dress/wash herself, shop, etc.)? Why can’t she visit on a supervisa? She can try to apply for H&C but there isn’t a guarantee and if denied she would likely have difficulty visiting so there is a risk.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Why can’t you apply for PGP? How old is she? Can she care for herself (cook, dress/wash herself, shop, etc.)? Why can’t she visit on a supervisa? She can try to apply for H&C but there isn’t a guarantee and if denied she would likely have difficulty visiting so there is a risk.
PGP is a lottery, there is no guarantee we will win. With H&C no guarantee either, I understand that.
Yes, she can care for herself. She's 67.
She'll stay here with a super visa, but it's only for up to 2 years

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP is a lottery, there is no guarantee we will win. With H&C no guarantee either, I understand that.
Yes, she can care for herself. She's 67.
She'll stay here with a super visa, but it's only for up to 2 years
There aren’t any potential negative consequences if she doesn’t get selected for PGP so there is a difference. By applying for H&C she has declared her desire to live in Canada permanently which may make visiting after H&C denial very difficult. Parent sponsorship was never guaranteed and it looks like you family may have only moved less than 3 years ago. Many are also competing for a spot in PGP and have a single parent. If a parent can care for themselves and has a supervisa there is a more difficult argument for H&C. Have you met LICO for 3 years yet and have you applied for PGP yet? I have attached an example of an H&C denial with a much older parent. Nobody can predict the outcome of an H&C application for a parent but it is more difficult than many people think or are lead to believe.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do

Reactions: naaka

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if you had a refugee claim open and while waiting got married and was able to be sponsored by their spouse ,how did your sponsorship process go ? Did you then withdraw the refugee claim ?

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
when you call choose a different option instead of H chose F or any other option. You will be connected to an agent . Once you tell the agent that it’s about H&C . You will be redirected. That way they will pick up.
But you need to have a Application number right ? How can we get through it.

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
I never knew when mine went for final review. They did not send an email and I did not bother to call them. I just checked ecas one night and saw final decision. The next day I received the email to confirm presence in Canada, 2 days later, PR portal email. Five days after that came the almighty eCOPR. :)
For some people in the forum, between 2 to 8 weeks. Best of luck to your cousin.
how did you confirm your presence in canada ??
and
when this happen, now or before.|?

Reactions: Naz786

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
How to call IRCC Call Centre ? I tried 12 times this 8am the time they open and I enter everything not H and C every option but still cannot get through. Like I enter, family, visit, study, work every option but still cannot get through and its impossible that 8am they have so many calls already.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
If you first stage callingjust wast of time try to do webform or gcms note

if you want call the call center then call afternoon I mean around 1 2 or 3 pm
Good luck

Reactions: Naz786

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
Seen people have their file finalised in less than 12months. The advantage of this processing time is that, you can send webform to IRCC if its been over 15months and no update. They will have your file expidited. I think the decrease in PT is a positive development and advantage to applicants.

Reactions: Swagzzy and Ayanna