+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
@Ayanna I wanted to ask after AIP the police certificates that are requested are they for the period you turned 18 years in the last 10 years for all countries you lived for over 6 months or is the period from the time you turned 18 years doesn't matter how many years ago?

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
@Ayanna I wanted to ask after AIP the police certificates that are requested are they for the period you turned 18 years in the last 10 years for all countries you lived for over 6 months or is the period from the time you turned 18 years doesn't matter how many years ago?
exactly as long you or depends turn they police certificate otherwise it will delay your process

It says last 10 years but sometime they are digging more for security purpose

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seen people have their file finalised in less than 12months. The advantage of this processing time is that, you can send webform to IRCC if its been over 15months and no update. They will have your file expidited. I think the decrease in PT is a positive development and advantage to applicants.
The long processing times allowed people to establish themselves in Canada so shorter processing times doesn’t always benefit applicants.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s not like that all the second stage application process in Nagra falls then they will transfer it to primary office
The approval rates at Niagara falls skew high because of this. If you just looked at initial applicants processed in Niagara Falls the approval rates would be lower than published rates.

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
exactly as long you or depends turn they police certificate otherwise it will delay your process

It says last 10 years but sometime they are digging more for security purpose
Thank you for your reply. I am waiting for AIP but I want to start getting police certificates as I loved in 5 countries so I wanted to know if I should get from when I turned 18 or where I lived in the past 10 years.

So you are saying when they ask for Police Clearance they ask for last 10 years only ? Correct?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I am waiting for AIP but I want to start getting police certificates as I loved in 5 countries so I wanted to know if I should get from when I turned 18 or where I lived in the past 10 years.

So you are saying when they ask for Police Clearance they ask for last 10 years only ? Correct?
Not a good idea to get PCC until you hear about AIP.

Reactions: R Brar

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

some of the country PC is valid for one year

Reactions: Naz786