+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Hi @Aubrey042878 im doing good thanks asking and how are you? I’m glad your back fighting like warriors welcome back
yes I already got my Pr I was the last applicant of 2018 it’s over me I’m still here helping members for while
Good for you! I am happy for you. Well i am here waiting still. It's been few months after we applied for reconsideration and judicial review. But no update yet. Taking a little while now. But i guess its better to wait longer lol. Remember my timeline was quite fast and was refused. Well just hoping this time will be ok.

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Hey, i am in same boat got refused in june. However my lawyer recommended not to apply for re-consideration or judicial review as he explained there’s limited positive outcomes and mine wasn’t one of them even though he believes i have a very strong case and me too. My point is not to trust totally what your lawyer say if you believe your case is very very strong the. go with your gut feelings, otherwise re/apply with fresh application with supporting documents to your refusal notes
Yes theres limited positive outcomes but if you have strong case why not try?And you can reapply at the same time too. Try whatever way is possible. If you don't trust your lawyer totally that means you don't need one or better get new one.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, i am in same boat got refused in june. However my lawyer recommended not to apply for re-consideration or judicial review as he explained there’s limited positive outcomes and mine wasn’t one of them even though he believes i have a very strong case and me too. My point is not to trust totally what your lawyer say if you believe your case is very very strong the. go with your gut feelings, otherwise re/apply with fresh application with supporting documents to your refusal notes
That's exactly what lawyer told my partner. No point to apply for judicial review or try a new application. We cancelled her and submitted 3rd HC ourselves. Got AIP within a month. If you believe in your case and you really want to remain in Canada, don't take lawyers' sayings as the absolute truth. Ultimately, even for the best lawyers, this is a game of luck and depends on the discretion and subjective judgment of your immigration officer.

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
You guys dont know the answer or just ignoring my comment??
Ill ask again if you dont know simply say so, if you do it will be appreciated.

if someone apply under H&C does they check their eligibility as well? But if we were eligible why would we apply in the first place….!! and what is the timeframe of H&C if your case is handled by LVO?
GG

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

if someone apply under H&C does they check their eligibility as well? But if we were eligible why would we apply in the first place….!! and what is the timeframe of H&C if your case is handled by LVO?
GG
Eligibility checks in HC means first stage - whether your HC grounds are strong enough to proceed to Stage 2 (actual PR processing).

Not sure what you mean by LVO - London Visa Office? HC cases are for inland applicants, they are not handled by visa offices. Applications are sent to Vancouver, which then distributes them to backlog reduction offices inside Canada.

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Yes theres limited positive outcomes but if you have strong case why not try?And you can reapply at the same time too. Try whatever way is possible. If you don't trust your lawyer totally that means you don't need one or better get new one.
After getting the refusal notes i figured out key notes and realized my lawyer messed up and they said we apply for re-consideration but i wasnt convinced to send for re-consideration. I changed lawyer and showed him the notes and he suggested we re-apply again. Thats what i meant to say.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

GG
No one is ignoring you I don’t understand your question is I don’t even know what LVO stand for or GG be pacific when you ask a question

Reactions: Katayoon

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Good for you! I am happy for you. Well i am here waiting still. It's been few months after we applied for reconsideration and judicial review. But no update yet. Taking a little while now. But i guess its better to wait longer lol. Remember my timeline was quite fast and was refused. Well just hoping this time will be ok.
thank you Aubrey it was long process for all most 3 years but end almighty god grant me a Pr When I start my application I was healthy 26 years pregnant later on I got diabetes and I was in med
And depression anxiety killing me so last week I went to the doctor for check up he give lab After a few days he called me he told me that I’m no more diabetes I think everything was because of stupid immigration process
I used to call every week for reporting to Cbsa automatics and also end the month call directly to my officer There’s more into it but I make the story short the moral of the story is there is always a light in the end of the tunnel so if I got it It means you all going to get it but you Gotta keep trying don’t give up I never give up even though I had so much pressure on me and I spent all the money but the end I got what I want it glory of God
the longer it takes it better outcome it means they reconsider your the decision
It’s easy for them to refuse your application takes few hour or a day the max but if they reconsider it takes months I always say in my heart no answer is better than negative answer that’s why I was moving every morning to work and take care of my family today look I’m looking for $1 million dollar house to buy with help of God a person who was living in a basement in the shady apartments thanks to almighty God
he’s the one who protecting us he will give Everything you wish for it but not the time you want it maybe later or maybe takes few years Be patient and positive trust no lawyer Put your trust in God hand

I haven’t talk to you for a long time so I have to be a little bit opened up with you lol my dear friend