+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck how can I get odsp? any bigger amount of social benefits?
Am pretty sure you don’t qualify for ODSP as an H&C claimant but you’ll need clarify. If you qualify you’ll need to prove longterm severe disability. If you have been able to move countries and work cash jobs you are unlikely to qualify. It is actually quite difficult to qualify for ODSP. As an H&C claimant you are able to apply for a WP. Working will provide you much more money than any support program and if you are trying to apply for H&C it is quite important to show you will be able to support yourself financially on your own. I would follow-up on your WP and once you get a WP get a job.

https://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/EN/MCSS/programs/social/odsp/index.aspx

Reactions: Max019283

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Am pretty sure you don’t qualify for ODSP as an H&C claimant but you’ll need clarify. If you qualify you’ll need to prove longterm severe disability. If you have been able to move countries and work cash jobs you are unlikely to qualify. It is actually quite difficult to qualify for ODSP. As an H&C claimant you are able to apply for a WP. Working will provide you much more money than any support program and if you are trying to apply for H&C it is quite important to show you will be able to support yourself financially on your own. I would follow-up on your WP and once you get a WP get a job.

https://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/EN/MCSS/programs/social/odsp/index.aspx
Did you know what is disclosure section 96 and section 97 of IRB?
Thanks

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Did you know what is disclosure section 96 and section 97 of IRB?
Thanks
Hi - s. 96 & s. 97 are the Sections of IRPA that define what a Convention refugee is. Disclosure is usually a term applied to any evidence that the authorities have, and their requirement to put it before the subject of any investigation or hearing. It is an element of "natural justice" that a person know the case against them.

Maybe if you were to provide greater context it could be more accurately interpreted as how it may apply to you, but it sounds like the IRB has something in their possession that they believe applies to your case? It's hard to say based upon your cryptic question.

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Hello Family,

I just got a decision made today on my H&C application waiting for lawyer to send me reason. Already sent my PRRA in last month. Right now feels the world crumbled on my feet..
Sorry to hear that. I have the same thing. My application wa refused last month. My lawyer immediately applied fir reconsideration and judicial review. Up to now i am still waiting for update. Don't lose hope...Just stay positive.

Reactions: Ayanna and Latin40

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Sorry to hear that. I have the same thing. My application wa refused last month. My lawyer immediately applied fir reconsideration and judicial review. Up to now i am still waiting for update. Don't lose hope...Just stay positive.
Hey, i am in same boat got refused in june. However my lawyer recommended not to apply for re-consideration or judicial review as he explained there’s limited positive outcomes and mine wasn’t one of them even though he believes i have a very strong case and me too. My point is not to trust totally what your lawyer say if you believe your case is very very strong the. go with your gut feelings, otherwise re/apply with fresh application with supporting documents to your refusal notes

Reactions: Katayoon and Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi Ayanna how are you doing? Any good news for you? I' ve been so busy and trying to make myself busy after my refusal.
Hi @Aubrey042878 im doing good thanks asking and how are you? I’m glad your back fighting like warriors welcome back
yes I already got my Pr I was the last applicant of 2018 it’s over for me I’m still here helping members for while

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolly smiles