+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They can’t. Interference from an MP would likely be reported to the ethics commissioner. An MP has zero influence over an IRCC decision. Intervention from an MP would be illegal.

redaed

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
what do you think guy
and and how long after the medical
thanks

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 17, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 10, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
what do you think guy
thanks

Permanent Residence

3. We sent you correspondence on March 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Probably tak
what do you think guy
thanks

Permanent Residence

immigration is unpredictable. The officer always take their sweet little time . In my opinion u should have your PR by the end of the year

Reactions: redaed

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Dear all,

My friend niece is a visa student who came to Canada for studying. Unfortunately, after came to Canada, she got ill and has to get in and out hospital for her treatments. Lucky she got medical insurance, and with lot of help from her family. We are looking to apply for her PR under H&C with the best hope that she can stay for her medical treatments.
Her Canadian visa had expired over 4 years since her health getting worst, but her student permit is still not expired. Can we extending her Canadian visa now? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Keep in mind she won’t be exempt from medical excess with an H&C application. If treatment cost are above threshold, she can be denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all,

My friend niece is a visa student who came to Canada for studying. Unfortunately, after came to Canada, she got ill and has to get in and out hospital for her treatments. Lucky she got medical insurance, and with lot of help from her family. We are looking to apply for her PR under H&C with the best hope that she can stay for her medical treatments.
Her Canadian visa had expired over 4 years since her health getting worst, but her student permit is still not expired. Can we extending her Canadian visa now? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
When did she stop studying? Did she have an approved absence from school? If she was not attending school for a long period of time her student permit may have been cancelled by the school. If not attending school for a long period of time how does she have health insurance in Canada? She would have to prove that there is no treatment in her home country. There is often no health coverage during H&C applications. If she has stopped studying for some time I am a bit confused how she still has health coverage unless her family purchased a private policy.

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Keep in mind she won’t be exempt from medical excess with an H&C application. If treatment cost are above threshold, she can be denied.
Hi Buletruck,
I heard that her family and her insurance paid for her medical treatment. Health Canada do not have to pay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,

Thank you in advance.
Is she still attending school?

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
When did she stop studying? Did she have an approved absence from school? If she was not attending school for a long period of time her student permit may have been cancelled by the school. If not attending school for a long period of time how does she have health insurance in Canada? She would have to prove that there is no treatment in her home country. There is often no health coverage during H&C applications. If she has stopped studying for some time I am a bit confused how she still has health coverage unless her family purchased a private policy.
Hi Canuck78,
I think she has her school approve for her absent to be off for her medical treatment. Her study permit still valid. Yes, she had private insurance coverage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scylla,
With her health issues, she is not attending school. She was well when she came to Canada to study. After that, her health get issues which she had to seek medical treatment here.
In that case, pretty safe to assume she is out of status in Canada at this point. Her study permit would have been automatically canceled once she stopped attending school. I wouldn't try to renew anything since this will draw attention to this fact.

Ace_001

Jan 28, 2020
Hello, I am very new to this forum and I'm very glad I found this.
I hope one of you can help me.

I've been applying for my H&C application since Nov 2017 using a lawyer but have not heard anything from immigration.
The reason I applied was for my daughter's health. She needs a lot of medical treatment and can't go to school in our home country so we have been living her for 10 years now.
Around a month ago, we had to go back to our home country for a funeral. And when we came back, we had to go to customs at YVR and we were told, they were going to contact CIC to check our application and in the mean time, they took our passports and told us to come back in two weeks.
So we went back today and we were told that they weren't able to talk to anyone at CIC. And he also told us we have to leave Canada within a month if we don't get 1st or 2nd stage approval because we are living here without status. My daughter goes to school and I work (because we won't have any money if i don't work).

But because I applied in Canada, I'm not supposed to leave while my application is in process.
What do I do? Could someone please help?

Thank you so much

Reactions: mace_l

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to consult a good lawyer. H&C does not prevent CBSA from processing your removal. Without first or second stage approval, expect CBSA to follow through. Do you have a work permit?

Ace_001

Jan 28, 2020
No I don't. So if we don't get an answer within a month, do we have to leave Canada and wait for our application to be approved there? We applied for H&C because when my daughter goes back to our home country, she has a very difficult time and does not get the right support. Even going back for a few days effects her but she's still supposed to wait there?