AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi. You said you worked for your h&c case for almost a year. How did you stay here without being deported even with a work permit? Did you make an appeal while working on your h&c? Thanks
Yes I make an appeal about a month after first denial. Meanwhile I start working in my file for h&c but at this time I had no income nor daycare for my 2 years son nor home to leave ( just broke up with my ex ) so it's took time to get all those think fixed before I can complete and submit my application. All my economy goes to the lawyer for my claim. When my appeal got denied I still had the right for prra so I started working and got enough money to submit my h&c file. By God grace I never received any letter for removal and when cbsa contact me one year after appeal denial for interview I was so scared, but it was for prra. At this time my h&c file was already submited so I applied also for prra. I just remember that my h&c decision was made by prra officer :eek:, don't know why.

Reactions: Phatyma77
May 26, 2018
All the stories above appears amazing to me. Me and my wife have serious concern. We applied for H&c on April 20, 2017 in the interest of a child. Up till this moment, we still do not get approval. I checked online, it shows that they started processing our file on December 11, 2017.

Here is the point i know people who were on welfare yet got approved. Me and my wife volunteered. I work and take care of my wife and 2 kids without recourse to welfare. I submitted our tax assessment for 2016 and 2017. I updated our application on webform when we have my second son. I really dont know what else to do to speed up the process.

What is particularly killing me is the fact that it is almost impossible to get a professional job with an approval or PR.

Can someone tell me something?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
All the stories above appears amazing to me. Me and my wife have serious concern. We applied for H&c on April 20, 2017 in the interest of a child. Up till this moment, we still do not get approval. I checked online, it shows that they started processing our file on December 11, 2017.

Here is the point i know people who were on welfare yet got approved. Me and my wife volunteered. I work and take care of my wife and 2 kids without recourse to welfare. I submitted our tax assessment for 2016 and 2017. I updated our application on webform when we have my second son. I really dont know what else to do to speed up the process.

What is particularly killing me is the fact that it is almost impossible to get a professional job with an approval or PR.

Can someone tell me something?
Hi Designated baba,
I think have same issue, and my time period is a1-2 months after you, I have applied May 12th 2017. started to process in Feb 6th, 2018.
its radiculous when you say people who is on welfare and get approved, as we work , volunteer and paying taxes, and nothing is happen. also have 2 little kids.
yes thats true, whenever you have no right status, most employees look like you as from another planet. its not only the work, its everything related to this approval.
Try to call them by phone and they now using a very good phone system if you know your file number. I'm planning to call them in next month if nothing back from them.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hello dear @hemin and @Designated baba ,

I can understand how frustrated you are while your application took so much time to process, but you should not judge or qualified ridiculous that those on welfare got approved. Each H&C situation is differant and you must understand that been on welfare is not a choice while we clearly know it a reason of denial. Being a single mom with no incomes nor close family to help let you no choice to seek for welfare, and so many of H&C applicant don't have work permit and know that working illegaly will highly increase chances for their application to be denied.

Because each H&C case is different, IO must have they own criteria for AIP, from my common sense I think maybe those who are on welfare have worser situation than those who can work and take care of their familly, that maybe why they got approuved sooner to be able to get a work permit and start working. Even people on welfare have kids too and paying taxes is not an approval criteria, everyone have to pay taxes some way or other.

I deeply deeply hated beeing on welfare, because I have strenght to work but had no choice. I whish I could work and my kid could go to daycare and rent a good appartement. but instead, For 2 years I have to sleep on a twin bed with my older kid because I had not enough money to rent an appartement, I got reject from hospital many time because I can pay 875$ for my son to see doctor, that is leaving with 850$/Month with 2 kids. But since I got AIP last year, I'm working, paying full price for daycare because I have no right for refund yet, I can buy food and clothes for my babies( instead of seeking help from church), I can bring them to hospital when needed, and finaly I'm mooving soon to my own rented appartement.

I think Instead of beeing mad because somebody esle got approved we must keep prying for ourself file to be appove and move forward too.

I don't mean to be rude or making you feel bad, It's just my opinion and I'm sharing it with you because It's hurt me when I saw your comments. I truly hope both of you and your family will get approve soon, I'll keep you in my pryers. Be blessed.

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello dear @hemin and @Designated baba ,

I can understand how frustrated you are while your application took so much time to process, but you should not judge or qualified ridiculous that those on welfare got approved. Each H&C situation is differant and you must understand that been on welfare is not a choice while we clearly know it a reason of denial. Being a single mom with no incomes nor close family to help let you no choice to seek for welfare, and so many of H&C applicant don't have work permit and know that working illegaly will highly increase chances for their application to be denied.

Because each H&C case is different, IO must have they own criteria for AIP, from my common sense I think maybe those who are on welfare have worser situation than those who can work and take care of their familly, that maybe why they got approuved sooner to be able to get a work permit and start working. Even people on welfare have kids too and paying taxes is not an approval criteria, everyone have to pay taxes some way or other.

I deeply deeply hated beeing on welfare, because I have strenght to work but had no choice. I whish I could work and my kid could go to daycare and rent a good appartement. but instead, For 2 years I have to sleep on a twin bed with my older kid because I had not enough money to rent an appartement, I got reject from hospital many time because I can pay 875$ for my son to see doctor, that is leaving with 850$/Month with 2 kids. But since I got AIP last year, I'm working, paying full price for daycare because I have no right for refund yet, I can buy food and clothes for my babies( instead of seeking help from church), I can bring them to hospital when needed, and finaly I'm mooving soon to my own rented appartement.

I think Instead of beeing mad because somebody esle got approved we must keep prying for ourself file to be appove and move forward too.

I don't mean to be rude or making you feel bad, It's just my opinion and I'm sharing it with you because It's hurt me when I saw your comments. I truly hope both of you and your family will get approve soon, I'll keep you in my pryers. Be blessed.
Hi TheWaitingGamer!
I respect you and what you felt before, but I'm so sorry if I made you any pain by my statement, honestly, I wasn't mean you, I just meant people, who have the work permit and not working, that's what I meant by all means.
Honestly its very frustrated, as I'm the only person working in the Family with young kids, its a lot of pain, and recently I cant get the work permit extension, while I need to work and support myself. no Idea they discourage people by making their AIP late or not approving Work Permit Extension.

Again I'm so sorry if I made any rude statement on you.
Thanks

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi TheWaitingGamer!
I respect you and what you felt before, but I'm so sorry if I made you any pain by my statement, honestly, I wasn't mean you, I just meant people, who have the work permit and not working, that's what I meant by all means.
Honestly its very frustrated, as I'm the only person working in the Family with young kids, its a lot of pain, and recently I cant get the work permit extension, while I need to work and support myself. no Idea they discourage people by making their AIP late or not approving Work Permit Extension.

Again I'm so sorry if I made any rude statement on you.
Thanks
Thank you for clarifying this for me, I feel much better now. Honestly I wonder why it's took so long fore some of us and much faster for others, as I see someone got PR after 16 months from filed. Since my AIP almost 1 year, my file don't seem to move anymore I'm on my 3rd GCMS notes, but I know I'm so much blessed to got AIP because now I'm much more confident it's will be fine.

For the employers, even with approve nothing change, they still not care much about us. Did you ask for new permit already? also did you order GCMS notes to see what going on?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Thank you for clarifying this for me, I feel much better now. Honestly I wonder why it's took so long fore some of us and much faster for others, as I see someone got PR after 16 months from filed. Since my AIP almost 1 year, my file don't seem to move anymore I'm on my 3rd GCMS notes, but I know I'm so much blessed to got AIP because now I'm much more confident it's will be fine.

For the employers, even with approve nothing change, they still not care much about us. Did you ask for new permit already? also did you order GCMS notes to see what going on?
yes for permanent jobs, they prefer PR but my manager is happy to extend my contract if I hold work permit legally. so that why I 'm preferring to get the AIP ASAP. I ordered GCMS notes end of February and there wasn't much info there. the only thin found under ADMISSIBILITIES - Security Due Date: is 2018/06/01...and status: Not Started...... I don't know what that means. and the same for CRIMINALITY + MEDICAL.

May 26, 2018
I would like to thank you both Hemin and TheWaitingGamer. This platform gives me relieve from the H&C predicament. Citing people applying for H&C under welfare is not a condemnation. I was under welfare too until we had to apply for H&C. I mentioned those under welfare because we were told we have to be independent of welfare to apply for H&C.

Secondly, TheWaitingGamer. I am sincerely sorry about your experience and i was not referring to you. There was a lady who had twins at about the same time my son was born. After massaging my wife and son with hot towel every night, i go to her apartment to massage her twins with hot towel too because she has nobody. We supported her the best way we could. She was the one i was referencing, and even referencing her is not out of anger or any hard feeling. I was only pointing to the fact that we try to comply with what we heard were condition of H&C.

I am happy that you were approved, and i believe your prayer for us that are still waiting is truly from your heart. Thank you, and may God bless you and your children.

Guys please:
1. what is the meaning of GCMC
2. Does anyone have the number to call H&C to follow up with my application as Hemin mentioned in the first note?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
I would like to thank you both Hemin and TheWaitingGamer. This platform gives me relieve from the H&C predicament. Citing people applying for H&C under welfare is not a condemnation. I was under welfare too until we had to apply for H&C. I mentioned those under welfare because we were told we have to be independent of welfare to apply for H&C.

Secondly, TheWaitingGamer. I am sincerely sorry about your experience and i was not referring to you. There was a lady who had twins at about the same time my son was born. After massaging my wife and son with hot towel every night, i go to her apartment to massage her twins with hot towel too because she has nobody. We supported her the best way we could. She was the one i was referencing, and even referencing her is not out of anger or any hard feeling. I was only pointing to the fact that we try to comply with what we heard were condition of H&C.

I am happy that you were approved, and i believe your prayer for us that are still waiting is truly from your heart. Thank you, and may God bless you and your children.

Guys please:
1. what is the meaning of GCMC
2. Does anyone have the number to call H&C to follow up with my application as Hemin mentioned in the first note?
Hi Designated baba,
thanks for sharing your story.
for GCMS its also called ATIP notes see this link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy.html)
for applying for GCMS see - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

CIC phone: 1-888-242-2100، its automated, you have to select the appropriate options and it needs time to get through.

if you are interested in more platforms that have H&C concerns see this link
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1825&PN=183&SID=715221243f9297dafb682b69e12de3770138889&title=hc-pr-application.

Have fun

May 26, 2018
Thank you Henim for the information. I ll explore the option and would let you know the feedback.
I would like to hear from TheWaitingGamer. I hope she understands

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you Henim for the information. I ll explore the option and would let you know the feedback.
Hello Dear #Designated baba,

Thank you for your reply, and don't worry my pryers for you come from the deepest part of my heart, because I know what you are going through and it's others pryers that help me going throught all this painful process. You seem to be a good person and a good husband, and you both making all your best to support your family and I admire that, not all men can claim to do so!

At first the comments hurted me, not because I thought you are talking about me, but because I thought maybe you mistook regular welfare dependant and H&C ones. I know people on welfare are seen pretty negatively in every society, and I know for sure that there are plenty of welfare dependant that actualy just abuse or even work illegaly while tooking the aid. But when we talk about H&C applicant we have to keep on mind that it's for exceptionals circumstances, anyway foreigner are not eligible for welfare except if they are refugee claimant or waiting for a removal.
Since we all still just human beeing, maybe some H&C applicant actualy enjoy receiving money without lifting a finger, but lets say they are very few? :confused:

You clearly made the right decision by leaving welfare, you will certainly increase your chances that way. You must agreed with me that single mom on welfare may have higher chance to be approve than whole family on welfare (where one can work and other take care of the kids) If Work permit is available, of course.

Lastly, Even when approved at stage 1 on welfare, if IO don't waive welfare ineligibility, they give you a deadline to provide paysub or your final stage can be denied, for me it was 3 month.

As I told to Hemin, MP can help you atleast to see what going on. Take good care of you and your family and be Blessed!:)

Reactions: carolbb23

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
When someone gets a positive decision from H&C, how long will it take them to get their PR?
Hello #live&love ,

That the big Question. I'm trying to raise an H&C spreadsheet but nobody seems to want to put their timeline on it. I tought it will be a good reference tool. Every h&c case has so different processing time but compiling can give a good idea about average timeline.

I eared some theory that after AIP h&c process will follow the road of other program PR process, l wonder if it's true.

Qaiskhan2017

Jun 15, 2017
Hi. Did u apply for a refugee as well? Im happy you got approved and Im planning to apply as well on best interest of a child ground. I hope you have time to reply. Thanks
Can you please explain. The h & c application can only be done after refugee claim is refused. On basis of best interest of kids. I applied for refugee claim and waiting for hearing. Meanwhile can I also apply h & c on basis of best interest if kids. Or do I need to wait till the decision is made on refugee claim.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No, you can’t apply for H&C while you are waiting for a hearing. You would need to wait until you receive a decision on your claim.

• You cannot apply for humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you have a pending refugee claim. If you want to apply, you must withdraw your refugee claim before your Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) hearing.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html