+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Christy Ada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
Thanks so much for this candid advice, I have sent an email for the refusal notes. The issue I’m having now is time because I have a removal order pending when my daughter’s passport arrives. My lawyer wants us to do a JR to buy time so he can write a deferment letter to CBSA but he’s not the one doing it. If I skip the JR which I only have 13days from now to decide, I don’t know if CBSA will give us time because of another H&C or reconsideration. The lawyer that was recommended to us is charging $5,000 but I’m willing to try another H&C after attempting a reconsideration which my lawyer is advising against but we will do it on our own anyways. Don’t just know if CBSA will let us stay knowing no application is in place yet, I just requested for the refusal note yesterday.

Sfoph

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks so much for this candid advice, I have sent an email for the refusal notes. The issue I’m having now is time because I have a removal order pending when my daughter’s passport arrives. My lawyer wants us to do a JR to buy time so he can write a deferment letter to CBSA but he’s not the one doing it. If I skip the JR which I only have 13days from now to decide, I don’t know if CBSA will give us time because of another H&C or reconsideration. The lawyer that was recommended to us is charging $5,000 but I’m willing to try another H&C after attempting a reconsideration which my lawyer is advising against but we will do it on our own anyways. Don’t just know if CBSA will let us stay knowing no application is in place yet, I just requested for the refusal note yesterday.
@Christy Ada Base on my own experience, I will advise you to go for the JR(Federal court) first because that is what guarantee your stay in Canada legally until the case is finalized and not the H & C being applied for or in Process. Once the JR is filed in you can either do reconsideration or new H & C. The JR takes between 3 to 5months to be finalized. Please try to shop around for a cheaper law firm that the cost will not be more than 2,500 to 3,000 the chances of winning is slim you are only filing the JR just to buy more time. Keep holding in faith and I wish you the very best.

Christy Ada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
@Sfoph Thank you so much, I appreciate. If reconsideration is rejected can one still file a new H&C while waiting for JR? I am meeting a new lawyer today for the JR and also waiting for my refusal note so I can also file reconsideration.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, any one have format or sample of good reference letter .
To IRCC
From John Smith
Address:
Phone:
e-mail:
Date: [...]

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to support R.R.'s application for permanent residence. I have been R's colleague at Novatech since 2017, where we both work as IT technicians. He has been an excellent team member, always ready to fill in for me when I am sick. He always delivers on his projects, and even when his wife Matilda was hospitalized during the pandemic, he juggled successfully all work/life demands without a single deadline missed. His departure from Canada would be a huge loss for our company.

Over the past years, I also had a chance to meet his beautiful family. His children - Tony and Ana - love Canada, their school and their friends here. It breaks my heart knowing that they may have to leave Canada. I am afraid that they will not have the same quality of education and health back home, and R would not be able to find a comparably good job to provide for his family. I am aware that [country name] has extremely high unemployment rate, poor health and education indicators, and high gun violence.

Sir, Madam, please do not let this family get uprooted from their life in Canada.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you need further information.

John Smith (signed)

The story, names are fictional.

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
To IRCC
From John Smith
Address:
Phone:
e-mail:
Date: [...]

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to support R.R.'s application for permanent residence. I have been R's colleague at Novatech since 2017, where we both work as IT technicians. He has been an excellent team member, always ready to fill in for me when I am sick. He always delivers on his projects, and even when his wife Matilda was hospitalized during the pandemic, he juggled successfully all work/life demands without a single deadline missed. His departure from Canada would be a huge loss for our company.

Over the past years, I also had a chance to meet his beautiful family. His children - Tony and Ana - love Canada, their school and their friends here. It breaks my heart knowing that they may have to leave Canada. I am afraid that they will not have the same quality of education and health back home, and R would not be able to find a comparably good job to provide for his family. I am aware that [country name] has extremely high unemployment rate, poor health and education indicators, and high gun violence.

Sir, Madam, please do not let this family get uprooted from their life in Canada.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you need further information.

John Smith (signed)

The story, names are fictional.
Thank you so much

Reactions: Katayoon

Sfoph

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@Sfoph Thank you so much, I appreciate. If reconsideration is rejected can one still file a new H&C while waiting for JR? I am meeting a new lawyer today for the JR and also waiting for my refusal note so I can also file reconsideration.
@Christy Ada you are welcome. With regards to your question really I do not have an idea maybe others in this forum can be of help. Hope the meeting with the new lawyer was encouraging? Keep pressing on, do not lose hope and you will be favoured.

Christy Ada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
@Sfoph Thank you, I am still looking for a lawyer the one I thought would be $5000 is asking for &6,000 and another one said $10,000. However, I have the notes now and currently working on my reconsideration.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Christy Ada you are welcome. With regards to your question really I do not have an idea maybe others in this forum can be of help. Hope the meeting with the new lawyer was encouraging? Keep pressing on, do not lose hope and you will be favoured.
Yes @Christy Ada you can send as many HCs as you wish as long as you are in Canada and your previous HC or reconsideration has been rejected/closed.