+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
@Katayoon @Lila123 or @any experienced members - I got an email from IRCC saying -
We are pleased to inform you that your request for an
exemption for the purpose of processing the application has been approved. Here I am confused do they still send us letter via post for medical, pcc or the email is the only thing they notified us from? And also-
What is below sentences are saying? -

‘You must meet all other requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its
Regulations, Such as medical, security , passport and arrangements for your care and support. As your
application is processed, separate decisions will be made about whether you meet these other requirements.’
Congratulations you have been approved

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
@Katayoon @Lila123 or @any experienced members - I got an email from IRCC saying -
exemption for the purpose of processing the application has been approved. Here I am confused do they still send us letter via post for medical, pcc or the email is the only thing they notified us from? And also-

‘You must meet all other requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its
Regulations, Such as medical, security , passport and arrangements for your care and support. As your
application is processed, separate decisions will be made about whether you meet these other requirements.’
Congratulations this is AIP

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi,
This sounds like Approval in principal (AIP).
This information should also show up on ECAS within a few days. I would start getting my police clearance in order. That is what took the longest for me.

congrats!
What is below sentences are saying? -congratulations

Reactions: Lexus2021

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Hi,
This sounds like Approval in principal (AIP).
This information should also show up on ECAS within a few days. I would start getting my police clearance in order. That is what took the longest for me.

congrats!
Hi, mine didn’t show on ecas. It still says in process .

Reactions: Lila123

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, ok. Did you hyperlink on the in process? AIP does not mean that your file is not in process. from my experience it should, mine was updated after about 5 days. Either way they will receive additional correspondence requesting medical, police clearance, and financial supporting documents.
Hi, mine didn’t show on ecas. It still says in process .

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Hi, ok. Did you hyperlink on the in process? AIP does not mean that your file is not in process. from my experience it should, mine was updated after about 5 days. Either way they will receive additional correspondence requesting medical, police clearance, and financial supporting documents.
Yes I did, it’s say application in processing Aug 26, I received Aip in Nov23rd

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Yes I did, it’s say application in processing Aug 26, I received Aip in Nov23rd
I submitted all the required documents while submitting the application like police report and the likes, except medicals. After I received my Aip, I waited for instructions for medical, never received it . I sent my old medicals result I did 4years ago when I came in as a refugee. The officer in Niagara replied, it has been uploaded in my file . If they need further testing they will let us know . This was base on the medical exemption due to Covid 19.

Reactions: Lila123

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Ok, thank you for sharing your experience. This doesn’t seem like normal practice. It seems like they didn’t send you the information as they normally would. You should hear back soon.
I submitted all the required documents while submitting the application like police report and the likes, except medicals. After I received my Aip, I waited for instructions for medical, never received it . I sent my old medicals result I did 4years ago when I came in as a refugee. The officer in Niagara replied, it has been uploaded in my file . If they need further testing they will let us know . This was base on the medical exemption due to Covid 19.

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Did you get additional information about next steps? or you haven’t heard anything since?
I didn’t receive medical instructions, my lawyer sent a mail to ircc regarding the medicals instructions but they never sent it. So I sent the old one .

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Ok, thank you for sharing your experience. This doesn’t seem like normal practice. It seems like they didn’t send you the information as they normally would. You should hear back soon.
Do you think, I should reach out to them , and what is the best way to ?

Guys,
Is it true that the longer is the processing time, the higher the chance to get AIP.
Please share your thoughts/ experience
Thanks.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016

Congrats this is really great news
Did you apply by hiring lawyer or by yourself

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020

Congratulations.
This is a year or good news for this forum. We are expecting more by the grace of God.
Good luck all

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yes this is AIP. Congrats! It comes in by email as a pdf attachment and somewhere in the letter (check Page 2) it usually gives list of documents to send for Stage 2 and the email of your Stage 2 office. For us it was:

police certificates
a copy of passport
certificates of birth (copy)

and they gave Niagara BRO email to send our docs to.

your medical forms will come in a separate email soon.

last paragraph means that your AIP is conditional on Stage 2 (you have to clear security/criminality and medicals before you get PR).

Reactions: grahs1994