Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
Hello all, I am just wondering how come there are not many threads regarding the Guatemala VO?? I saw 1 but anyways I am sponsoring my wife who lives in Costa Rica outland, I just want to know who ever is or has gone through the Guatemala VO to post their time lines, I want to compare mine to yours if you dont mind! here is mine so far:

Files sent: Dec/13/2010
Files recv: Dec/15/2010
Sponsorship approval : Jan/17/2011
PR app and meds received: Jan/24/2011

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garytheoiler said:
Hello all, I am just wondering how come there are not many threads regarding the Guatemala VO?? I saw 1 but anyways I am sponsoring my wife who lives in Costa Rica outland, I just want to know who ever is or has gone through the Guatemala VO to post their time lines, I want to compare mine to yours if you dont mind! here is mine so far:

Files sent: Dec/13/2010
Files recv: Dec/15/2010
Sponsorship approval : Jan/17/2011
PR app and meds received: Jan/24/2011
hi Gary, i haven't got much to share since I'm still in the preliminary doc-gathering stages. But anyway, I guess i can share my experience once I get it all started.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions though, what method did you use to send in your documentation? DHL, UPS? also, Did you have the medicals completed before mailing in your application, or did you first send the application and then got CIC's request for the medicals?

I'm trying to plan my documentation in the right order without missing anything.

Any info is appreciated.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dakonej please send in ur medical with the application as not doing so will add time to your application

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
dakonej please send in ur medical with the application as not doing so will add time to your application
thx Kedeisha, you're awesome!

psalinasr

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Med's Done....
5-12-2010
Passport Req..
17-04-2011
Hello,

I am from El Salvador and my husband is my sponsor. We submit my application with the medical exams on Jan-3. My husband was approved as my sponsor on March 1. Guatemala received my application on March 7. I was asked to submit my passport on April 17, I did it on April 26 beacuse eastern holidays.
I am waiting now, I don't understand what else they are doing with my documents and specially my passport. My CIC status only says: Application received on March 7, medical exams received or completed, something like that.

And that's it.

Good luck with your waiting time.

garytheoiler

Jun 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec/13/10 App. Rec.........: Dec/15/10
AOR Received.
Feb/01/11
File Transfer...
Jan/17/11
Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
dakonej said:
hi Gary, i haven't got much to share since I'm still in the preliminary doc-gathering stages. But anyway, I guess i can share my experience once I get it all started.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions though, what method did you use to send in your documentation? DHL, UPS? also, Did you have the medicals completed before mailing in your application, or did you first send the application and then got CIC's request for the medicals?

I'm trying to plan my documentation in the right order without missing anything.

Any info is appreciated.
Hi dakonej,

5 months past and we got approved and landed too! We are happily in my home with my wife in Canada! we sent our package via Canada post express, it reached the Mississauga office in 2 days, and yes, we had the medicals done before we sent the apps, in fact we did her meds in July 2010, sent the apps in December 2010. Remember that your visa expiry is the same date that your medicals expire and that is 1 year from the date the meds were done, so luckily my wife was approved in time before it expired!

Gary

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garytheoiler said:
Hi dakonej,

5 months past and we got approved and landed too! We are happily in my home with my wife in Canada! we sent our package via Canada post express, it reached the Mississauga office in 2 days, and yes, we had the medicals done before we sent the apps, in fact we did her meds in July 2010, sent the apps in December 2010. Remember that your visa expiry is the same date that your medicals expire and that is 1 year from the date the meds were done, so luckily my wife was approved in time before it expired!

Gary
thanks Gary. so were you living exclusively outside of Canada when you applied for the sponsorship assessment? If so, what were you required to show as proof of intention of re-establishing in Canada?

That's one of the points that i'm still struggling with, as I'm currently living out of Canada.

thanks.

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
We are landing June 15th. We both live in the US and we were worried that Guatemala would take a long time. But as you can see from our timeline it was quick.
I had to prove that I was going back to Alberta but all I had included was a letter and a copy of an application I had made to get my teaching certificate. In addition, my husband is in the US illegally.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
hello
I sent my passport out in March and nothing till today, I dont know whats taking soo long, as well I had to pay the ARC fee authorazation to return to canada I am thinking this is slowing down my progress hopefully I will hear something soon

J

jdwhite21

Congrats Gary, 5 months is a fantastic processing time.

Our app was sent in Feb 1 2011, and received in Mississauga Feb 4th. Unfortunately our lawyer didnt submit everything so it was returned on March 4th. They received it again on April 13th and I was approved for sponsorship on April 18th and it was sent to Guatemala. It was received in Guatemala on April 28th and we have now gotten a letter saying that they started processing on May 17th.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdwhite21 said:
..... Unfortunately our lawyer didnt submit everything so it was returned on March 4th. They received it again on April 13th and I was approved for sponsorship on April 18th ...
Sounds like what your lawyer missed sending was important, so for my education and to help me avoid a similar situation when I file my application, can you tell me what was missing from your application the first time around? Have you been called for an interview? Could you also tell what documents, if any, did you send translations for?

thanks.

J

jdwhite21

Dakonej:
What our lawyer forgot to include was photos of my husbands daughter from a previous marriage. I don't know, that may not even apply to your case. It was a simple mistake by our lawyer but it did cost us some time.

We have not been told if we require an interview yet just that our case had begun processing. I think we will be asked to have an interview though because this is the second time I have sponsored my husband for spousal and the first time we were called in for an interview.

We had to translate my husbands birth certificate, his daughters birth certificate, his divorce papers as well as his police report. I believe that was it.

Hope this helps.
Jess

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdwhite21 said:
We had to translate my husbands birth certificate, his daughters birth certificate, his divorce papers as well as his police report. I believe that was it.

Hope this helps.
Jess
Thanks jdwhite21.

Didn't you need to send in translations for letters, emails, documents proving your relationship, etc?

Good luck with your application and thanks again for your tips!

J

jdwhite21

All of our letters and such are in English. And a good majority of our evidence comes from our 2 years we lived together in Canada and now we used our phone bills, chat logs etc.

psalinasr

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2011
Med's Done....
5-12-2010
Passport Req..
17-04-2011
jdwhite21 said:
All of our letters and such are in English. And a good majority of our evidence comes from our 2 years we lived together in Canada and now we used our phone bills, chat logs etc.
Hi jdwhite21, we have almost the same timeline. Did you sent your passport already?