+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guatemala timelines

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow Alex, i hope that things start moving faster now, i guess it helps to do frequent checks on the VO.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
ya me too, well the thing that worries me is that my husbands medicals are going to expire and no letter no phone call nothing and they have his passport since march so I really hope that they have some news for me or some information, :)

J

jdwhite21

Hi all!
We received a letter today requesting that we pay the ROPRF and my husband send in his passport to the office. We are super happy!!

Anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the visa?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
hey Jdwhite21
That is good news, but I dont wanna get ur hopes up, but I sent in my husbands passport since March and till today nothing, but dont get me wrong maybe u will be lucky and get it sooner with your visa stamped, in the visa office of guatemala when they request passport it really doesnt mean anything maybe visa will be issued right away. or not or no visa allowed so a refusal but lets hope that wont happen, but just pray and keep your fingers crossed that u will get the passport stamped :) Good luck and I hope this answers question :D

J

jdwhite21

Wow you sent it in March... ugh that's quite the wait... here we were thinking that maybe the end was in sight...
why would they bother to request the passport if they would still possibly deny it? :( I already told the whole world that he'd be back soon, I hope I'm not wrong haha everyone we know are already making plans for a homecoming party.

Thank you very much for the reply Alex. I will keep everyone updated and I hope you get your visa soon!!!

J

jdwhite21

Also why would they request the ROPRF be paid if they would still deny it?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
ya I know I felt the same way that the end was near and look how long I have been waiting :( as well they did ask for the right of permenant resident fee but I payed it along time ago so I sent in the recepit and they asked for the ARC Fee, passport fingerprints. rcmp, and criminal record from costa rica, and nothing yet :( am soo sad, but what can I do besides wait :( and ya the arc fee is for ppl who have gotten deported or something like that not sure,

J

jdwhite21

That's what we got requested.. Except the ARC fee. Well I guess we just have to wait. Thanks Alex!! Hope you hear something very soon :)

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
ps I think maybe my case is more complicated because my husband applied for refugee and got refused and had to depart in 30days I believe not sure but he never left, thank god or else he wouldnt have met me lol, so he had a deportation order on his record and now we are here in costa rica waiting so for this reason that Arc kicks in but dont know how that process works

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
is ur case similar to mine or ur spouse has never been to canada ? ???

J

jdwhite21

Mine isn't exactly the same but not straightforward by any means. He was in Canada on a work visa when we met and we applied for PR the first time inland and he was denied and got a removal order, but he left right away because we didn't want to risk getting a deportation order. He's divorced and older but we have 2 daughters together.

I don't know what that process your husband has to go through would be like or if that is more complex than ours.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
I dont know either but ur husband did the right thing cuz he left so he wouldnt get a deportation order so thats clean on his record, but in my case my husband never left so that might help plus if am not mistaken ur husband doesnt have to fo throught the Arc process, well good luck to u and lets keep our fingers crossed that our hubbys get there visa soon, where ru from and your husband ?

J

jdwhite21

Definitely I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. I'm from Alberta and my hubby is from El Salvador. What about you? Your husbands from Costa Rica correct?

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
am from toronto born and raised, but my mom is from Honduras, and my dad Ecuador and my hubby costa rica and I am here with him waitng for him to get his visa, I want it to be fast I really miss Canada and my family and want to go back but with my family :) we have a 3yr old son which today is his bday and I dont want him to be away from his daddy, an am so lucky we can be together as family because some cant and its sad, so I thank God for that :D even if I miss canada :)

J

jdwhite21

That's awesome that you guys are together. I was 3 months pregnant when my husband left so that's why we thought it best I stay in Canada. We are planning a trip together soon. I can't see any reason he would be denied this time around. The first time was because they said it was not a genuine marriage but we provided so much evidence this time that they couldn't even question it.