+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Greater Vancouver Area - PR Card processing after COPR - Non portal (submitting photos by mail)

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,
I have question regarding PR card. there was a typo error in my COPR. That is my country of birth is male. And my sex is India. And my address on the COPR was wrong. Half of it was mine and the rest was of my representative’s. My representative told me to mail the photos with an explanation and correct address to mail it me. I did that but now I am afraid that will i get those or not. Is there any way that i can figure out that they considered my explanation or not? I mailed it on 14th may. I dont have access to online portal as my representative has its access.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
It varies from the kind of information you are requesting to be amended, and the workload at the OSC.
i just received my PR card today and to my surprise, the hand written explanation did work for me. The information is right on my PR card and it got delivered on my residential address. I am glad that i dont have to get into any more hustle but thank you too for your help @legalfalcon.

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
i just received my PR card today and to my surprise, the hand written explanation did work for me. The information is right on my PR card and it got delivered on my residential address. I am glad that i dont have to get into any more hustle but thank you too for your help @legalfalcon.
when was your pr card application approved ?? please and thank you

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
Pr card say 20 may. I sent it on 14th may and received it on 31st.
so your card was approved and dispatched on 20 may
Holy cow !!! 11 days for shipping within vancouver ??
where do you live ??
Mine was dispatched on 25 may so don't know when to expect it

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
where do you live ??
I am not sure when it got dispatched. I didn’t link it to any portal. I am in lower mainland. What about you?

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
I am not sure when it got dispatched. I didn’t link it to any portal. I am in lower mainland. What about you?
Yukon , thats what make me nervous that your card was dispatched on 20 and took 11 days in lower mainland.
when were your photos delivered to office though??

Visha2711

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
where do you live ??
It doesn't get printed in Vancouver. All cards are shipped from CPC-Sydney.

NarniaForever

Apr 19, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yesterday I received an update in the portal with a rejection message exactly like rejection message exactly like what felix-m received, giving me 30 days to resubmit new photos. I guess in my case it's because I took the photos myself, although of a similar professional quality. I will be submitting new photos by going to London Drugs.

Have anyone had success with submitting photos that you take yourself, fulfilling all photo requirements except "taken by a commercial photographer"?

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
Yesterday I received an update in the portal with a rejection message exactly like rejection message exactly like what felix-m received, giving me 30 days to resubmit new photos. I guess in my case it's because I took the photos myself, although of a similar professional quality. I will be submitting new photos by going to London Drugs.

Have anyone had success with submitting photos that you take yourself, fulfilling all photo requirements except "taken by a commercial photographer"?
download guide for pr card photos from ircc website

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Finally I got PR card!
1st May - sent photos to Vancouver office
2nd June - received PR cards for me and my husband

It took a month and I'm so happy and relieved now. Thanks.

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
Finally I got PR card!
1st May - sent photos to Vancouver office
2nd June - received PR cards for me and my husband

It took a month and I'm so happy and relieved now. Thanks.
Congrats and any idea when was your card approved ?
if you didn't link application then your expiry date will give you idea when was it approved