+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Greater Vancouver Area - PR Card processing after COPR - Non portal (submitting photos by mail)

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This letter is to inform you that your photo submission has been received by our office. The photos submitted to this office do not
meet the required specifications.

Your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.
You must send:
Two (2) new photos. Please see the Government of Canada’s permanent resident photo specifications here for further details

If we do not receive the requested information within 30 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be
considered cancelled.

Please return this letter and photos by mail to:
IRCC Vancouver – PR Photo Retake
1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC
V6Z 2C3

To avoid any delay, please provide IRCC with a permanent Canadian address by accessing the on-line Address Notification
service on the IRCC website. If an updated address is not provided your PR card will be mailed to your address shown at the
top of this letter.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, please visit our website or contact your service provider organization

Please disregard this notice if you have recently submitted new photos to our centre or have received your PR card.
@felix-m May I ask when you submitted the photos and when you received this? I submitted my photos and Jan 8th and no communication or update as of today ..

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I have been waiting for my card since March 24th 2021 while my wife has received her PR card since last month even though we sent the photo together in one single mail. Does anyone here has the same issue?
I have been waiting since Jan 2021. I am pretty sure it is lost :(

Visha2711

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Oh shoot. How did you know. I am thinking mine is in the same :(
Everyone who got approved at or around the same date as mine got theirs in 3 days. It has been 2 months and nothing so that is why I know its lost. According to IRCC it should take 6 weeks to arrive

Reactions: salomi24

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
@felix-m May I ask when you submitted the photos and when you received this? I submitted my photos and Jan 8th and no communication or update as of today ..
I send my first photo on March 24th and retake photo sent on May 27th. I think its better for you to link your PR card application, they might ask you to redo your photo and maybe lost. Call IRCC just to be sure

Reactions: salomi24

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
card was dispatched on may 25.
any idea how long it takes to arrive ??
Given i am from yukon ..
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,
I have question regarding PR card. there was a typo error in my COPR. That is my country of birth is male. And my sex is India. And my address on the COPR is wrong. Half of it is mine and the rest is of my representative’s. My representative told me to mail the photos with an explanation and correct address to mail it me. I did that but now I am afraid that will i get those or not. Is there any way that i can figure out that they considered my explanation or not? I mailed it on 14th may. I dont have access to online portal as my representative has its access.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,
I have question regarding PR card. there was a typo error in my COPR. That is my country of birth is male. And my sex is India. And my address on the COPR was wrong. Half of it was mine and the rest was of my representative’s. My representative told me to mail the photos with an explanation and correct address to mail it me. I did that but now I am afraid that will i get those or not. Is there any way that i can figure out that they considered my explanation or not? I mailed it on 14th may. I dont have access to online portal as my representative has its access.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thank you.
To update your address, you have to send a webform and not an explanation with your photographs. Sending the explanation will not help as IRCC will go with what they have on record, unless changed. Most likely your address was entered incorrectly that is what you see an incorrect address.

As regards your COPR, to have to get it amended. To do that you will have to make a formal request

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Reactions: Noor_10

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
To update your address, you have to send a webform and not an explanation with your photographs. Sending the explanation will not help as IRCC will go with what they have on record, unless changed. Most likely your address was entered incorrectly that is what you see an incorrect address.

As regards your COPR, to have to get it amended. To do that you will have to make a formal request

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
Thank you for replying back. How long will this process take? Any idea?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for replying back. How long will this process take? Any idea?
It varies from the kind of information you are requesting to be amended, and the workload at the OSC.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Photos for 2 people (me and my dependent) delivered in Vancouver office on May 4, but still waiting......
I can't link pr card application on my account, I don't know when they are received. I'm so curious if there's something wrong with my photos....