13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
2_of_5 said:
Same with your health card. Here in Ontario the OHIP card expires the same day as your work permit.
I just did some searching. I'm in BC, so we have a new thing here. It's called the BC Services Card.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/topic.page?id=87EEAD6D19974459950AA7FF7F60AD54&WT.mc_id=BCSC_ref_MOH

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Soon, in God's perfect time
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Forever Victory (ur id says it all!)

Firstly, congratulations. In current job market, its a little tough to get good jobs for people who are already here, so you getting it from overseas, is definitely a great news. Regarding the time required to work and become eligible for immigration. Now, it takes just 12 months, through CEC (experience class). I'm giving you the link below:

IELTS is still required. Since you are in management position (skill 0 or A), you will require:

If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

And clb7 means - IELTS score of 6. You can check both of these info in the following link:
Hi InfoSeeker 12,

I appreciate your advise very much. Thank you and God Bless.

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
shells said:
Well, if they didn't refund you anything, then yes, you have to pay one more time. In that case, it doesn't make any difference between applying online or applying by paper. I got an email from CIC saying they wanted to call me because I have a previous payment (that I had kept for my earlier application), so I could not apply online and they said I can only do it via paper. I didn't understand why, but nor did I rebuke.. just did it the way they asked me to. And I got it :)

Yes, that's the one I post.

And yes - please include copies of:

1) Letter of AOR
2) Copy of Bulletin (not neccessary, I think.. but no harm either)
3) Letter of Employment from your company or even your T4?
4) Last but not least, a well detailed explanation letter
Hi Shells,

For page 3, you just chose open work permit, then enter employer's name, and left everything blank right? Also for the explanation letter, do I need to explain I got refuse once for the work permit?

Thanks!

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
stanline06 said:
Hi Shells,

For page 3, you just chose open work permit, then enter employer's name, and left everything blank right? Also for the explanation letter, do I need to explain I got refuse once for the work permit?

Thanks!
I entered my current employer's name and my work address as well. I don't think you need to mention you got refused once. They will probably have your records and can check easily if they needed to.

stanline06

Mar 29, 2013
shells said:
I entered my current employer's name and my work address as well. I don't think you need to mention you got refused once. They will probably have your records and can check easily if they needed to.
One more thing, in the form IMM5710, PAGE 4, QUESTION 2b) Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave canada or any other country? What should I say? Yes or NO?

Thanks again for your help. ;)

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
stanline06 said:
One more thing, in the form IMM5710, PAGE 4, QUESTION 2b) Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave canada or any other country? What should I say? Yes or NO?

Thanks again for your help. ;)
Oooh.
Ok, then in that case.. you better say Yes. But write a note (please print it out, not handwritten. I don't know about you, but I find some people's handwriting a pain to read) that says you forgot to include a copy of your AOR last time, which may be one of the reasons why you were refused. What I did if I have to insert a note is type it out in Word, with a box over it, cut it out neatly, and staple it next to the field I want that note for.

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
shells said:
Oooh.
Ok, then in that case.. you better say Yes. But write a note (please print it out, not handwritten. I don't know about you, but I find some people's handwriting a pain to read) that says you forgot to include a copy of your AOR last time, which may be one of the reasons why you were refused. What I did if I have to insert a note is type it out in Word, with a box over it, cut it out neatly, and staple it next to the field I want that note for.
Hi Shells,

i belive you are on temp work permit while you applied under CEC, did you applied from within canada or outside? if outside how did you manage to get a work permit?

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
goodmrng1947 said:
Hi Shells,

i belive you are on temp work permit while you applied under CEC, did you applied from within canada or outside? if outside how did you manage to get a work permit?
No, I applied from within Canada. I was formerly on the PGWP. The last time I stepped out of Canada was in 2011 July :( I miss my family very badly.. But I changed my job to a huge Canadian company in December 2011 and was not entitled to paid annual leave until I complete my first year. It sucks.. It's only this year onwards that I'm entitled to two weeks of annual leave, which I am saving for October :p

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
shells said:
No, I applied from within Canada. I was formerly on the PGWP. The last time I stepped out of Canada was in 2011 July :( I miss my family very badly.. But I changed my job to a huge Canadian company in December 2011 and was not entitled to paid annual leave until I complete my first year. It sucks.. It's only this year onwards that I'm entitled to two weeks of annual leave, which I am saving for October :p
Oh ok well i wish you a great holidays when time comes :), i was interested to explore the option of visiting canada, look for jobs and later get onto work permit followed by CEC or PNP, any info in this regards will be highly appreciated..
Thanks much

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have been looking for the right place on this Forum to post my question. I see that a few people on this Forum have asked questions about their Spouse & BOWP. I apologise beforehand if the answer has already been posted somewhere else:

I received my AOR email April 11. My current Work Permit is expiring on June 15th 2013. My CEC Application was done with my Common-Law Partner and I am wondering do we have to apply for our BOWP together? I am the Priniciple Applicant. His current work permit is expiring the same time as mine June 15 2013. The reason why I am asking if we need to apply for BOWP together is because My Common-Law Partner's passport is expiring in August 2013...he is going to send his passport to get it renewed by the end of next week (he should have sent it earlier but honestly we had given up all hope on the CEC application and thought we will just have to return back home...we initially sent our CEC application back in November 2012 and CIC has sent the application back to us a total of 4 times as incomplete). Now that we have received this email he is going to renew his passport ....the problem is it will take another 4-6 weeks to get his passport back which will put us into the month of May. His company understands the Implied Status BUT mine has already alerted me that if do not provide a new work permit by June 15 then basically I do not have my job anymore so I do not want to delay any further with the BOWP Application. My worry is that if I apply for my BOWP without him ...when his passport finally arrives they won't extend his current work permit for him under the BOWP.

I have called CIC about this & received 3 totally different response from 3 different agents in 1 day - a little bit fustrating not getting a concrete answer. Has anyone had any experience with this similar situation??? For those who had asked questions about their spouse & BOWP Did anyone get any definite answer. Any advice is very welcomed. Thank you very much for your time, it is very much appreciated.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
rvernoit said:
Hello everyone,
I have been looking for the right place on this Forum to post my question. I see that a few people on this Forum have asked questions about their Spouse & BOWP. I apologise beforehand if the answer has already been posted somewhere else:

I received my AOR email April 11. My current Work Permit is expiring on June 15th 2013. My CEC Application was done with my Common-Law Partner and I am wondering do we have to apply for our BOWP together? I am the Priniciple Applicant. His current work permit is expiring the same time as mine June 15 2013. The reason why I am asking if we need to apply for BOWP together is because My Common-Law Partner's passport is expiring in August 2013...he is going to send his passport to get it renewed by the end of next week (he should have sent it earlier but honestly we had given up all hope on the CEC application and thought we will just have to return back home...we initially sent our CEC application back in November 2012 and CIC has sent the application back to us a total of 4 times as incomplete). Now that we have received this email he is going to renew his passport ....the problem is it will take another 4-6 weeks to get his passport back which will put us into the month of May. His company understands the Implied Status BUT mine has already alerted me that if do not provide a new work permit by June 15 then basically I do not have my job anymore so I do not want to delay any further with the BOWP Application. My worry is that if I apply for my BOWP without him ...when his passport finally arrives they won't extend his current work permit for him under the BOWP.

I have called CIC about this & received 3 totally different response from 3 different agents in 1 day - a little bit fustrating not getting a concrete answer. Has anyone had any experience with this similar situation??? For those who had asked questions about their spouse & BOWP Did anyone get any definite answer. Any advice is very welcomed. Thank you very much for your time, it is very much appreciated.
I think you should talk to your company and say that implied status is same as that of WP, may be print a page from CIC where it explains about implied status and how you can work on same conditions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Hello Friends,

Joining this thread to gather some information and prepare myself before I apply for BOWP. Although I never thought that I would have to. I filed my FSW2 in June 2011, Buffalo office hoping that I will get my PR by 2012. But with the closure of Buffalo office, its not even started.

I applied under CEC in jan 2013 and my work permit expiring Oct 2013. So apparently my both PR application do not seem to get approved by Year end and that is why I am here.

Please not that I have passed the AOR stages in both the cases.

I have following two questions to start with - more will come when I go throught the instructions booklet.

1. My wife and son is also with me so when I apply for BOWP, I should include their application as well. My wife should get Open wp and my son should get Visitors Visa.
2. As my wp is valid until oct so I will be submitting BOWP application in June. My wife's passport is valid until feb 2014. Do you think her Open work permit will not be issued for 1 year but upto Passport validity date.

Appreciate your response.
Thanks

rvernoit

Mar 14, 2013
Hello bahadur30,
I am not too sure about the answer to question 1 ( but i want to assume that the answer is a yes) however I can shed some light on Question 2. I am not sure if this information is helpful. I called C.I.C. today and I spoke to an agent on the phone - he was actually very helpful.

Please remember that his response was to my situation (which is we got our A.O.R. email yesterday. Both our current Open Work Permit expires on June 15 2013. My passport is valid until 2017 however, my common-law partner's passport is expiring August 1 2013) but I am sharing this with you to give you a rough idea. This is what he said

1. The C.I.C. agent said since my partners passport is expiring in August 2013 he can send his passport to get it renewed while I go ahead and send in my application under the B.O.W.P. Once my partner receives his extended passport he can then go ahead and apply to extend his work permit under the B.O.W.P. (this answer was in response to my question: do we have to send in our BOWP application together because I was the principal applicant or can i go ahead and send my application and he send his later once he has renewed his passport?).
2. The C.I.C. agent said if we were to still go ahead and apply for B.O.W.P. together with his current passport expiring in August his work permit will only be extended to the date of expiry on his passport. He said of course in the case of my partner they (as in C.I.C.) wont even bother extending it because that will mean basically extending his work permit for an additional month or two which they don't do. The agent went further to state that if his passport was expiring for example on January 24 2014 then his permit will only be extended to the SAME DATE as the expiry of his passport (this was the example that the agent gave). It will not be extended for a year

I really hope this gives you a rough idea to your question. I encourage you when you have the time to call CIC...I know it can be a pain sometimes (I waited for over 40 minutes before getting to someone)

Take care

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahadur30 said:
Hello Friends,

Joining this thread to gather some information and prepare myself before I apply for BOWP. Although I never thought that I would have to. I filed my FSW2 in June 2011, Buffalo office hoping that I will get my PR by 2012. But with the closure of Buffalo office, its not even started.

I applied under CEC in jan 2013 and my work permit expiring Oct 2013. So apparently my both PR application do not seem to get approved by Year end and that is why I am here.

Please not that I have passed the AOR stages in both the cases.

I have following two questions to start with - more will come when I go throught the instructions booklet.

1. My wife and son is also with me so when I apply for BOWP, I should include their application as well. My wife should get Open wp and my son should get Visitors Visa.
2. As my wp is valid until oct so I will be submitting BOWP application in June. My wife's passport is valid until feb 2014. Do you think her Open work permit will not be issued for 1 year but upto Passport validity date.

Appreciate your response.
Thanks
bahadur30, this might be a dumb question but I wanted to understand if candidates working under NOC 2171 can apply under FSW? If yes, what is the criteria?