+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
DF definitely means a "Derogatory Flag", which means a Critical Red Flag.

I received GCMS notes for my child's application and the officer forgot to redact some of the information which was redacted in the previous notes. Paper file location is "Grant-DF". In the notes section, there is a comment "Pending derog flag, same for parents".

This information is not going to help, anyone but I still thought it's worth sharing.
They know very well who each applicant is. I landed 12 years ago through skilled worker PR visa. Never been to any problem in my life. Retired engineer from a multinational oil company, the second largest oil company in the refining field in the face of the earth. My family, spouse and two children got the citizenship long ago. I have no doubt IRCC know very well I am a very good man, I have no doubt its only a worker or two there at IRCC who hate our names/religion that is under any excuse delaying my file. It is the hatred that delaying 99% of our files, period. They have no problem to cost IRCC the time and resources and make us pay heavy cost due to freezing our life. We can't travel or spend time freely abroad till our application are finalized.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tamiou

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
guys, according to your experience. how long you stayed in (grant pr status) then you moved to garnt-DF?- if this is applicable to your case.
I have been in grant PR status since September last year.
Thank you and good luck to every one

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
They know very well who each applicant is. I landed 12 years ago through skilled worker PR visa. Never been to any problem in my life. Retired engineer from a multinational oil company, the second largest oil company in the refining field in the face of the earth. My family, spouse and two children got the citizenship long ago. I have no doubt IRCC know very well I am a very good man, I have no doubt its only a worker or two there at IRCC who hate our names/religion that is under any excuse delaying my file. It is the hatred that delaying 99% of our file, period. They have no problem to cost IRCC the time and resources and make us pay heavy cost due to freezing our life. We can't travel or spend time freely abroad till our application are finalized.
Totally agree, I noticed most of the applicants who got it in 4-6 months are christians or jews and white skin color. It’s very obvious it’s islamophobia.
Plz dun call me racist but yeah that’s the truth.

For example:
I applied for visit visa for my Mom 62 years old and got rejected after 8 months waiting even though I'm a healthcare worker, a christian friend his Mom is 80 years old got accepted in 2 months. Welcome to Canada.

Reactions: uy-scuti

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
guys, according to your experience. how long you stayed in (grant pr status) then you moved to garnt-DF?- if this is applicable to your case.

If I remember correctly I was in Grant PR status from July( maybe even June) 2023 till I think November 2023.

Reactions: moden88

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
They know very well who each applicant is. I landed 12 years ago through skilled worker PR visa. Never been to any problem in my life. Retired engineer from a multinational oil company, the second largest oil company in the refining field in the face of the earth. My family, spouse and two children got the citizenship long ago. I have no doubt IRCC know very well I am a very good man, I have no doubt its only a worker or two there at IRCC who hate our names/religion that is under any excuse delaying my file. It is the hatred that delaying 99% of our file, period. They have no problem to cost IRCC the time and resources and make us pay heavy cost due to freezing our life. We can't travel or spend time freely abroad till our application are finalized.
This is very sad :( .

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
I stayed in pm01 after that it was pm03 which took about 5 months to move to Grant DF and another wait period started for me since jan 18 lol what i don't understand is what is the reason to put it there if everything shows up complete except oath. I would understand if it was LPP or Background in progress. I would appreciate if i anyone can make sense of that.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I see that processing time fell to 14months not sure if that will have any effect on Grant DFs
My application will reach the 14th month in 3 days. I’m going to call to trigger the notice to officers to process my application. Will let you all know that goes. I know someone from SCR office (like me) made the call and got his lpp and oath done within 2 weeks after making the call. Hopefully it goes in that direction.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
My application will reach the 14th month in 3 days. I’m going to call to trigger the notice to officers to process my application. Will let you all know that goes. I know someone from SCR office (like me) made the call and got his lpp and oath done within 2 weeks after making the call. Hopefully it goes in that direction.
I am also waiting on that mine will be 14 months on March 27. Will you be calling IRCC directly or contacting your MP I wonder which one is better

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
Here is the DF club but I'm not part of it. but there is a similarity here. I've been waiting almost 20 months and the reason is a long SS process.
They put my application "on Hold" sometimes end of August 2023. My application is waiting for CSIS and a couple of note requests from CSIS did not bring me anything, as my case is under processing and for a whatever stupid rule they can not provide me any info. long story short, I'm going to hire a lawyer in a couple of weeks to start the writ of mandamus process.