+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Feb 17, 2024
Hello folks, I have great news to share!
Finally, after 19 months: got "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024."

I feel a huge relief even though the ceremony could get canceled anytime like many other Grant Ceremony DFs :D, I hope no more "DFs"

Thanks to you all for the huge support and kind words. I wish good luck to everyone.

New timeline events:

- On March 15, 2024, we filed a Mandamus application they call it ALJR (an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court).

- On March 19, 2024, IRCC responded to my lawyer with letter called "No Reason letter" Rule-9, in short basically IRCC said your application is in process, good luck!

- On March 23, 2024, my online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024.", showing my application approved on "March 21 2024",
- My
eCas system it shows "Decision Made"

I will share detailed info about Mandamus asap
Congrats! Please share more info about Mandamus. Especially how much it cost you in fees. Thank you!!

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Finally, after 19 months: got "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024."

I feel a huge relief even though the ceremony could get canceled anytime like many other Grant Ceremony DFs :D, I hope no more "DFs"

Thanks to you all for the huge support and kind words. I wish good luck to everyone.

New timeline events:

- On March 15, 2024, we filed a Mandamus application they call it ALJR (an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court).

- On March 19, 2024, IRCC responded to my lawyer with letter called "No Reason letter" Rule-9, in short basically IRCC said your application is in process, good luck!

- On March 23, 2024, my online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024.", showing my application approved on "March 21 2024",
- My

Congratulations

This proves that the delay was for no reason and it could be for religion, race or Muslim names based.

Most of IRCC employees are racist af.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021

New timeline events:

- My

Can you please include your lawyer information as well when you share details. and also which steps you took before filing mandamus. Congratulations

Oghuz_Khan

Mar 23, 2024

New timeline events:

- My

Congratulations. So they cleared all “mandatory further verifications” and “3rd party agency checks” in 5 business days. This definitely proves most of us waiting for no reason.

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023

New timeline events:

- My

Congratulations! Please share more info about Mandamus. Especially how much it cost you in fees. Thank you!!

Reactions: hemeda2

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Congrats! Please share more info about Mandamus. Especially how much it cost you in fees. Thank you!!
Thank you!

---------My Mandamus details -----------

- Cost 1st Stage around ~2300 + 2nd Stage around ~2800 ( prepared but didn't file it yet)
- Law firm: https://atimmigrationlaw.com/

To link everything together in 1 post will repeat the timelines + docs (Everything ):
- On 9 or 8 March 2024 I think I called their number in the website, they discussed my case asked many questions, then they booked 15 min FREE consultation to discuss further
- 15 March 2024 We filed Stage1 Mandamus application ( an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court) [attached here #1]
- 19 March 2024 we received No reason letter Rule-9 [attached here #2] IRCC said :
Please be advised that a decision has not yet been made on the Applicant's application for citizenship. As
such, no reasons for a decision exist.
which meaning we moved to Stage 2 (docs + fees)
- 23 March 2024 My online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11 [3] 2024"

[#1]

======================================================
======================== My Personal ALJR Letter ============
> Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
> XXX
> CIC Scarborough
> 325 Milner Ave, 2nd Floor
> Scarborough, Ontario M1B 5N1
> Phone number: unknown

The Application file number is: XXXXX

The application for leave was prepared by:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

The applicant's electronic address for the service of documents is: XXXXX.

## RELIEF

The Applicant seeks the following relief:

1. An order in the nature of a writ of mandamus directing the Respondent to make a decision with respect to the Applicant's pending application for Canadian Citizenship within 30 days of this Court's order;
2. Such further and other relief as this Honorable Court deems just and necessary under the circumstances; and
3. An order awarding the Applicant his costs on a solicitor client basis.

## GROUNDS

### A. **Material Facts**

1. The Applicant, XXXXX (referred to herein as "XXXXX" or the "Applicant") is a XX-year-old Canadian Permanent Resident and a national of XXXXX, currently residing in XXXXX, XXXXX, Canada.
2. On XXXXX, XXXXX submitted an application for Canadian Citizenship to Immigration and Refugees Citizenship Canada ("IRCC").
3. The service standard posted on IRCC's website for this class application at the time of submission (as well as currently) was XX months.
4. To date, XX months have passed since the application was submitted.
5. XXXXX complied with all subsequent IRCC request in a timely manner and is not aware of any outstanding issues with respect to the application.
6. XXXXX submitted numerous case specific enquiries, asking IRCC to finalize the processing of the application.

### B. **The Criteria for The Issuance of a Writ of Mandamus Are Met**

### C. The Respondent owes the Applicant a public legal duty to make a decision with respect to the application for citizenship which has now been pending for XX months when, when the service standard on such applications is XX months.

### D. The Applicant has a clear right to the performance of the aforementioned duty, in that:

a. The Applicant has satisfied all conditions precedent with the application for citizenship;
b. The Applicant has made prior demands for performance of the duty;
c. A reasonable time to comply with the demand has passed; and
d. There has been an implied refusal by the Respondent through its unreasonable delay in deciding the application.

### E. Under the circumstances, there is no other adequate remedy available to the Applicant;

### F. The Order sought will have practical value and effect;

### G. There is no equitable bar to the relief sought;

### H. The balance of convenience favours granting a Writ of Mandamus;

### I. Section 44 of the *Federal Courts* Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. F-7, as amended; and

### J. Such further and other grounds as counsel shall advise and this Honourable Court may consider.

**The Applicant has not received written reasons of the tribunal. Please initiate the Rule 9 process.**

The Applicant proposes that the application for judicial review be heard at XXXXX, in the English language, with materials to be filed in the English language.

DATED at XXXXX this XX Day of XXXXX, XXXX.

This Application is filed by:

XXXXX
XXXXX

**TO: THE REGISTRAR**
Federal Court
180 Queen Street West
Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5V 3L6

**AND TO: THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION**
Shalene Curtis-Micallef
Deputy Attorney General of Canada
Department of Justice
Ontario Regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West
Suite #400
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 1T1
Phone (416) 973-0942
Fax (416) 954-8982
====
Note ( I think ) if you want to see similar template check official Federal Court website here ( will download )
I find it similar,
https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/content/assets/forms/base/formIR-1_E.rtf

it's consistent with what mentioned here :
https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/pages/representing-yourself/practice-guides/how-to-file-an-application-for-leave-and-for-judicial-review-immigration

=======[#2] The No Reason Letter that IRCC sent to me.=============
The Federal Court of Canada
Thomas D'Arcy McGee Building
90 Sparks Street, 5th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0H9

March 21, 2024

Re: XXXXXX v. MCI XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your request pursuant to Rule 9 of the Federal Courts Citizenship, Immigration and Refugee
Protection Rules.

Please be advised that a decision has not yet been made on the Applicant's application for citizenship. As
such, no reasons for a decision exist.

Should you have any questions concerning this, please contact litigation counsel for the Respondent at
the Department of Justice.

Yours truly,

C.XXX
Citizenship officer, CIC Scarborough
325 Milner Ave, 2nd Floor
Scarborough, Ontario M1B 5N1

Cc: XXXXXX [LAWYER]

Cc: XXXXXX
Department of Justice
Ontario regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West Suite 400
Toronto, Ontario M5H 1T1
Fax: (416) 954-8982
TORJUSTICEIMMIGRATION@justice.gc.ca

Last edited:

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Thank you!

- Cost 1st Stage around ~2300 + 2nd Stage around ~2800 ( prepared but didn't file it yet)

To link everything together in 1 post will repeat the timelines + docs (Everything ):
- On 9 or 8 March 2024 I think I called their number in the website, they discussed my case asked many questions, then they booked 15 min FREE consultation to discuss further
- 15 March 2024 We filed Stage1 Mandamus application ( an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court) [attached here #1]
- 19 March 2024 we received No reason letter Rule-9 [attached here #2] IRCC said :

- 23 March 2024 My online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11 [3] 2024"

Note ( I think ) if you want to see similar template check official Federal Court website here ( will download )
I find it similar,

https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/pages/representing-yourself/practice-guides/how-to-file-an-application-for-leave-and-for-judicial-review-immigration

Congratulations again and thank you for sharing valuable information with us.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
Thank you!

I want file mandamus too, I am resident of BC, would you mind provide the name/contact of your lawyer so I can contact their office. Thanks

I find it similar,

Reactions: mehranjadoon