+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
This might be true, also i have seen few got further updates after removing DF, like lpp completion or oath date.
That would be a good news. I don’t see DF on my Feb notes too. Looks like may be they have redacted DF.
But again they might not be doing that coz, gcms notes locations has no significance other than for the office.

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Same here.I am also protected person with DF .I got same ghost update on Oct 27 and nothing since then. My LPP got completed on Sep 21. It doesn't makes sense to me why it is taking this long if everything is complete.
I am March 2023 applicant, my LPP is still is still in progress, I also got the famous ghost update on 27th of October.

Reactions: rydeone

Oghuz_Khan

Mar 23, 2024
Thanks, I got my LPP completed 7months after my test on tracker, and Ceremony not started yet.
Congrats for your lpp, for me everything was completed in two months now its been 7 months after lpp waiting for oath, will never understand how ircc works, hopefully everyone in this location gets finished with ircc soon.

Reactions: amir13213

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
@hemeda2 how are you brother… I have a friend going through a similar unfortunate situation where he has to travel to a country (which doesn’t recognize RTD) to see his sister who has cancer.

So my question is, did you ask your MP to request an urgent processing for your application since you have an emergency? If yes, did they approve your request?
Yes, they told me to give IRCC time to review LPP again !! so I gave up over my MP, they literally don't want to be involved
I used their help for one reason so I can say to court I have gone through all possible routes which (I personally) believe it's good to show

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm not a grant-DF and will hopefully never be, but I pop in here from time to time to empathize but also give myself some perspective. I read the exchanges this morning and I will say, Refugee, I hope you recover from whatever is hurting you. I have been following hemeda's story intently over the last few weeks and unless someone is a heartless SOB, which I am sure you aren't, Refugeee, they wouldn't respond to them in the manner that you have.

As someone above said, let's all be kind to each other, you might think all is rosey because a PR is applying for citizenship, but for a lot of us there are a bunch of reasons that make getting this citizenship important, and that's why we sometimes get invested in it and spend hours weekly on this forum making sure we are being processed at the right pace.

I wish you all speedy process here onward, especially Hemeda. I hope you get to see your father, and that he gets to see your face again.
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it!

Reactions: Tamiou

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hi Fellas,

Last update,,
I Just finished my Oath ceremony Today
Officially Canadian
My total processing time is 12months exactly,
Applied March15,2023
Oath Ceremony March14,2024.
الحمدلله

One more advice:
Stop discussing or debating sick people, it's useless.

Refugee, I feel sorry for you and your mentality!
Congratulation!

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I am stuck in Grant DF since 2nd of Nov 2023, previously it was Grant PR status, and I am AOR 2022, Scarborough office, all green since August 2023.

last response from SCR office today morning
" Our records show that one of the mandatory checks that are performed before every step of the application process is still being processed by a third party agency. Until we receive the results from them we are not able to move your application forward"
Hello folks, I have great news to share!
Finally, after 19 months: got "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024."

I feel a huge relief even though the ceremony could get canceled anytime like many other Grant Ceremony DFs :D, I hope no more "DFs"

Thanks to you all for the huge support and kind words. I wish good luck to everyone.

New timeline events:

- On March 15, 2024, we filed a Mandamus application they call it ALJR (an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court).

- On March 19, 2024, IRCC responded to my lawyer with letter called "No Reason letter" Rule-9, in short basically IRCC said your application is in process, good luck!

- On March 23, 2024, my online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024.", showing my application approved on "March 21 2024",
- My
eCas system it shows "Decision Made"

I will share detailed info about Mandamus asap

amir13213

Mar 9, 2024
Congrats for your lpp, for me everything was completed in two months now its been 7 months after lpp waiting for oath, will never understand how ircc works, hopefully everyone in this location gets finished with ircc soon.
I hope is not going to take 6 more months for the ceremony.

Reactions: Oghuz_Khan

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hello folks, I have great news to share!
Finally, after 19 months: got "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024."

I feel a huge relief even though the ceremony could get canceled anytime like many other Grant Ceremony DFs :D, I hope no more "DFs"

Thanks to you all for the huge support and kind words. I wish good luck to everyone.

New timeline events:

- On March 15, 2024, we filed a Mandamus application they call it ALJR (an Application for Leave and Judicial Review (ALJR), with the Federal Court).

- On March 19, 2024, IRCC responded to my lawyer with letter called "No Reason letter" Rule-9, in short basically IRCC said your application is in process, good luck!

- On March 23, 2024, my online tracker account updated "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 11, 2024.", showing my application approved on "March 21 2024",
- My
eCas system it shows "Decision Made"

I will share detailed info about Mandamus asap
Mashallah tabarak allah congratulations!!! Wallahi so happy for you, inshallah you get your passport asap and go see your father with many years for both of you together. Congratulations again!!

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Yes, they told me to give IRCC time to review LPP again !! so I gave up over my MP, they literally don't want to be involved
I used their help for one reason so I can say to court I have gone through all possible routes which (I personally) believe it's good to show
Thanks for your reply, so to get this straight; you asked your MP for urgent Processing, correct?

did IRCC approve your request ?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Thanks for your reply, so to get this straight; you asked your MP for urgent Processing, correct?

did IRCC approve your request ?
I did ask my MP to file urgent processing for me last year. at that point they told me that my application needs "further verification". I kept following up with MP and IRCC later rejected my urgent processing request ignoring all the medical reports that I included in regards of my father cancer situation. in short, use your MP as formality to show you have made demands and followed up before you go to court.