+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
I am asking bcz in my interview they told me that my clearance is pending and they told me the agency name too and I am beating myself since that day bcz i cant remember the name and it was not CSIS... I was so nervous at the interview time that I completely forgot what the name was
Most likely CBSA.
 
There aren't that many agencies left after that, really - RCMP, but I don't see their role if it's not something domestic (which you would probably know about, like criminal charges), or IRCC itself.
Yeah I know. I am confused too.
RCMP is already cleared for me
CBSA I checked with them. Nothing is pending on CBSA.

CSIS.. The interviewer didn't mention CSIS. They said something else.

Maybe it's something we are not aware of... But i am so pissed at not asking the person clearly
 
Yeah I know. I am confused too.
RCMP is already cleared for me
CBSA I checked with them. Nothing is pending on CBSA.

CSIS.. The interviewer didn't mention CSIS. They said something else.

Maybe it's something we are not aware of... But i am so pissed at not asking the person clearly
It's more likley that they misspoke, IMO, i.e. that it was actually CSIS.

Or made a reference possibly to some internal section in IRCC, or used a blanket term that you didn't catch.
 
Did they mention clearance from where? Or did you ask if you can follow-up with that agency where clearance is going to come directly??

I am asking bcz in my interview they told me that my clearance is pending and they told me the agency name too and I am beating myself since that day bcz i cant remember the name and it was not CSIS... I was so nervous at the interview time that I completely forgot what the name was
No they never said what agency, I just know it's either RCMP or CSIS. Criminality is RCMP, and security is CSIS. Because I know for a fact my GCMS notes say I passed criminality, the pending clearance has to be CSIS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: armoured
We are launching a petition sponsored by MP Jenny Kwan to highlight Canadian immigration applicants stuck in prolonged security screening.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-7259

We have passed all eligibility checks and lived in Canada for years, yet face indefinite delays with no timeline or updates. Work, life, and family reunification are all stalled.

⚠️ Goal: 10,000+ signatures – must be Inland Canadian residents or Canadian citizens living anywhere, with email confirmation ✅

If you support a fair, transparent, and timely system, please sign and share. Your support could also help prevent you or your family from facing the same delays.
 
We are launching a petition sponsored by MP Jenny Kwan to highlight Canadian immigration applicants stuck in prolonged security screening.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-7259

We have passed all eligibility checks and lived in Canada for years, yet face indefinite delays with no timeline or updates. Work, life, and family reunification are all stalled.

⚠️ Goal: 10,000+ signatures – must be Inland Canadian residents or Canadian citizens living anywhere, with email confirmation ✅

If you support a fair, transparent, and timely system, please sign and share. Your support could also help prevent you or your family from facing the same delays.
I linked your message in this thread for better observability: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-i...citizenship-applications.861305/post-11132227
 
We are launching a petition sponsored by MP Jenny Kwan to highlight Canadian immigration applicants stuck in prolonged security screening.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-7259

We have passed all eligibility checks and lived in Canada for years, yet face indefinite delays with no timeline or updates. Work, life, and family reunification are all stalled.

⚠️ Goal: 10,000+ signatures – must be Inland Canadian residents or Canadian citizens living anywhere, with email confirmation ✅

If you support a fair, transparent, and timely system, please sign and share. Your support could also help prevent you or your family from facing the same delays.
Looks like the target amount of signatures has been reached. What are the next steps to get this moving?
 
Any update on this? I am stuck here too.

Also, any experience with sending a letter to NSIRA on their complaint form for prolonged delay in security screening by CSIS for citizenship application?
I filed a complaint with NSIRA on Sep 9, 2026. beacsue my spouse A34 directly sent IRCC to CSIS on Sep 9, 2024, it is now marking 2 years. Will see how it goes:

PR Non-Express Entry, AR: Feb 17, 2024
Everything passed, including the principal applicant's A34 from CBSA, but we've been waiting for the spouse's A34 background check, which IRCC sent directly to CSIS (confirmed via email from CBSA) since Sep 9, 2024.
 
Hey! This is a Whatsapp group for those with extremely delayed background/prohibitions and people stuck in security CSIS screening ONLY. We can track which month CSIS is completing nowadays and estimate when our turn would come and discuss options for mandamus. Please join and share: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KQ2s2fprgmqDBaOkT12zqu?mode=gi_t
Hey, is the group still active? When I tried to join, it says couldn't join for some reason