+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejection after receiving AIP

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hello

All AIP recieved have name and adress in bold and capital letters

Secondly the case is refused in pakistan and we dont know whether biometric was done before filling or not

And based on reasons mention in refusal letter
I think he must have hide some information or this is just previous refusal with edited date

And u guys he got refusal on 31 august means sunday and immigration dont works on this day soo how could that be posible ????

I havent seen anyone getting decision on saturday and sunday
uae embassy works on sunday.tgey have holiday on friday and saturday and i and some others got refusal on saturday ahahah

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
What a chaos, all I wanna say is, if you're confident with your application and are optimistic , then don't worry or stress , it won't help. You've made it this far on your merit, and so shall you excel further. So cheers, I got my AIP, but hell yeah, if I get a rejection after it, it's gonna be detrimental, but like anything else, move and keep working hard. Either way, cheers. There are many less fortunate people in this world, that are having to risk their lives for basic needs. Well wishes.
I cannot agree more. Let's wait for decisions coming weeks or so!!!

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
The 2-stage process is specifically for fall intake. I haven't seen any announcement that the same process applies to winter intake. I got a hunch that in the next few days applicants with complete application will receive full approval or refusal. Make sense to deal with complete application once rather dealing with it again for 2nd stage approval. Maybe Sept. 15 is their deadline for issuing full approval. October onwards they will start dealing with winter intake with the normal process as VACs starting to reopen.

Reactions: Petita

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
See, AIP was based on the application that was for Fall 2020 and the evidences provided in application was to support for that only. Now the LOA has changed, it could be a different program, different university, different financial requirements which could render original decision useless. New eligibility will automatically kick in if details of applications are changed BEFORE application is finalized.
I am talking about deferral. The cases you've mentioned surely mean that.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Woow. This really scary. All those for fall 2020 with AIP and thinking of deferring,please have a rethink. If you have deffered and yet to submit to IRCC through webform, Pls have a rethink and if you have already submitted to IRCC of the deferment, then I don't know what that will happen in few days.

Is getting obvious that AIP is for fall 2020 only. Maybe wrong in my thoughts though

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Woow. This really scary. All those for fall 2020 with AIP and thinking of deferring,please have a rethink. If you have deffered and yet to submit to IRCC through webform, Pls have a rethink and if you have already submitted to IRCC of the deferment, then I don't know what that will happen in few days.

Is getting obvious that AIP is for fall 2020 only. Maybe wrong in my thoughts though
IRCC is doing this to discourage deferring and they don't want to deal with the same applicants for winter intake. We all know that they are operating with limited capacity and they could have use their resources to prioritize fall intake only. No one knows how many student deferring from fall to winter, application of those deferring student could have been set aside to give way to applicants who really want to start studying this fall.

Nirisha88

Jun 9, 2020
Considering all the complications and lack of clarity on the part of IRCC, deferral indeed is the best option. My brother who is an IRCC certified consultant informed me that close to 70% to 80% students are opting for deferral. In this tough times, we all have the right to deferral. And seeing this refusal post AIP has made me more adamant to defer my intake. I am not putting my 35,000 CAD on line by going for September intake. I am deferring to January.

To make it clear, most of us are deferring our intake because of lack of clarity on the part of IRCC,coupled with other reasons as listed above. Also, IRCC has the reputation of being unpredictable and if they start refusing people post AIP, then rest assured that even students who have begin September intake might face a similar faith of refusal.

Starting September intake would be far risky considering the unpredictability of COVID and IRCC.

Views expressed above are of my brother who is an IRCC certified consultant.

Last edited:

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Considering all the complications and lack of clarity on the part of IRCC, deferral indeed is the best option. My brother who is an IRCC certified consultant informed me that close to 70% to 80% students are opting for deferral. In this tough times, we all have the right to deferral. And seeing this refusal post AIP has made me more adamant to defer my intake. I am not putting my 35,000 CAD on line by going for September intake. I am deferring to January.

To make it clear, most of us are deferring our intake because of lack of clarity on the part of IRCC.
If this figure is true, it will not be trouble for Canada to let this 30% to 20% fall student be exempted to travel restriction. We know they are processing tourist visa now. Im sure students will be allowed to come first before tourist.

Reactions: deni2020

Nirisha88

Jun 9, 2020
If this figure is true, it will not be trouble for Canada to let this 30% to 20% fall student be exempted to travel restriction. We know they are processing tourist visa now. Im sure students will be allowed to come first before tourist.
I see no possibility of travel till the end of November. For instance India is having close to 80,000 COVID cases per day. Canada like to play safe and they would not be opening the borders anytime soon. That's the reason they announced that college can have online classes till 30 April.

For instance, Canada get close to 500 COVID cases a day and even they haven't opened up biometics. We are in for an insane amount of delay and should consider ourselves lucky if we can reach Canada by Jan. The probability is low to be honest but lets be optimistic.

Brightone

Aug 31, 2020
People, I have a scholarship, but as due to pandemic it was late, I applied without official letter. But added official letter from university with an explanation why the official document is late. I showed in my SOP amount that we had in the budget. After 2 weeks today I got a letter from university that the main budget is 5 thousand cad less than estimated one. Could officer think about this lie amd reject me? Could raising webform and explaining the situation (with added official scholarship document) help me?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I see no possibility of travel till the end of November. For instance India is having close to 80,000 COVID cases per day. Canada like to play safe and they would not be opening the borders anytime soon. That's the reason they announced that college can have online classes till 30 April.

For instance, Canada get close to 500 COVID cases a day and even they haven't opened up biometics. We are in for an insane amount of delay and should consider ourselves lucky if we can reach Canada by Jan. The probability is low to be honest but lets be optimistic.
I have just read the news: [1] https://globalnews.ca/news/7303230/canada-gdp-q2-2020/ ; [2] https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-economy-inflation/canada-annual-inflation-rate-jumps-by-most-in-nine-years-as-economy-reopens-idUSKCN24N1RB ; . It seems like if Canada continues not to open back the economy & modifies travel restrictions, economic & social issues are hard to deal than the pandemic.

Reactions: Nirisha88

Zyqwerty

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020

Canada’s travel restriction is pretty much the same since March, slowly they will have to ease up to feed their economy. Numerous time in the news they are mentioning safe restart. As for deferment, if you have more productive things to do while waiting it should be ok. Would it be nice to have a new diploma by the time the economy is getting better and the opportunities is picking up? rather than waiting until post covid no one know when it will end? Time is more precious than money thats all what im trying to say

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Canada’s travel restriction is pretty much the same since March, slowly they will have to ease up to feed their economy. Numerous time in the news they are mentioning safe restart. As for deferment, if you have more productive things to do while waiting it should be ok. Would it be nice to have a new diploma by the time the economy is getting better and the opportunities is picking up? rather than waiting until post covid no one know when it will end? Time is more precious than money thats all what im trying to say
Correct, I have read a lot of news mentioning about economic issues that Canada is facing: GDP dropping; inflation getting higher; unemployment. Optimistically, I could predict that Canada will have to find some ways to open like European countries & UK are doing. UK (high death rate by Covid19) is now reopening for new international students coming in while Canada is playing a safe role and still insists it can win other countries on getting more student applicants.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
The Barcode on both AIP letters and Refusal letters are same. Hence it is the same application. Please order GCMS notes and tell us what your friend found out.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I don't know if it's fake or not. I think only a pure miserable person would share a fake news. However, the documents look real since barcodes are same on both documents. The only thing I noticed is that the name on my AIP is not all caps. However, this person has his name written in all caps.