+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi everyone.
I need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So my question is if I fill in the right NOC (the corrected one) in express entry profile and mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic?

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.
I need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So my question is if I fill in the right NOC (the corrected one) in express entry profile and mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic?

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.
As long as the duties on the reference letter match the NOC that you want to use, adding an LOE saying that the NOC on the reference letter is wrong...you should be fine.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
As long as the duties on the reference letter match the NOC that you want to use, adding an LOE saying that the NOC on the reference letter is wrong...you should be fine.
Okay. Thanks :)

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
Unfortunately, job experience letter is a must for PR application. If you couldn't get your HR or supervisor write a letter for you, maybe try your best to ask your current/former colleagues? Meanwhile, gather as much as supporting documents, such as hiring contract, tax statement, bank deposit statement, salary slip, etc to support your claim.
What happens if the company as collapsed? No longer existing?

snehvishu

Feb 23, 2018
14Dec 22, 2018 at 11:12 PM
Hi Friends

Sharing my experience for everyone's benefit.

I have been working with TCS for close to 9 years. I have had four promotions and worked in 5 different projects (in 2 NOC Codes) in 4 different locations. Officially, TCS does not give a reference letter to its existing employees.

In lieu of that, based on feedback on Canada visa threads, I reached out to my previous managers who are still with TCS. They all agreed to give a notarized letter.

But we were still not sure. So, to get an expert advice we decided to hire an immigration consulting (the most popular one in India .. Abh....) to help with the post ITA process. The attorney at the immigration consulting company has advised me to simply get one email (on TCS email) from a colleague who has been in TCS longer than myself with all roles and responsibilities listed on it from all five projects, save it as a pdf and use that. According to them attaching five letters complicates things and Indian notarization is meaningless for CIC. An official email is far more legit than notarized letters as per them. What matters is that in case of a BGC (which is done via email in most cases) that person from your company should be able to confirm the details in the email.

On the other hand I read on the Canada Visa threads that notarized letter is required in absence of reference letter on company letter head. This might not be entirely true as hundreds of my attorney's clients have got their PRs by attaching official email copy from a colleague.
Did someone else also use an email copy?
If we can get a clear perspective on that, it will help a lot of other applicants as well. In the end getting an email is far easier than getting letters notarized (in which most are done in a fraudulent manner as the person who signs it is not always present in front of notary as the law requires them to be).
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Can you please tell what you finally did?

cwrcmp

Oct 9, 2019
Bro. If you cant get a letter from employer, just create one self declaration with all the required info.
like you duties, sal, doj designations held etc.

You dont have to get letter from colleague or manager.

If you cant get a reference letter from Your company on a letter head with stamp then any other letter you provide is just an alternative letter to support your claim.

So dont worry about all this. Get an affidavit with all info. and provide supporting docs, like sal slips, appraisal letters, joining letter and any other doc that speaks about your employemnt or your work activities.

Good luck.[/QUOTE
I am also facing the same problem.. my HR is not ready to give Letter in ircc format.. will self declared letter work or not... Totally confused..

donjoejacob

Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please help, I have an query. I currently live in Kuwait. I was working in a company(sub-contractor) that takes construction works for contract. My actual employer(A south Korean company) has already left this country and we(all our manpower) were taken by the main contractor. Right now we are working under the main-contractor, but we have not received any new renewal contract from our current main contractor. Even though they provide us an experience certificate, the HR is not willing to provide me any reference letter as he informed me that it shall be issued only to the direct employees. So the problem I am facing right now is that I am not able to specify an employer. Our visa is provided by a private company in this country and they are not willing to provide any reference letter either from their side. Making things worse my Kuwait visa happens to be a labor visa too, whereas I work as a supervisor.(FYI: all our visas are labor visa).

• I would like to know if it is fine if I get a reference letter from my manager and other senior staffs of this company as they are willing to provide me.
  • Also I can provide work photographs, experience certificate, pay slips.
  • I also want to know if my visa category will turn out to be an issue and if there is anything I can do in order to make things right.

I am currently in a situation of bewilderment and I am also afraid that my future is at stake.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi everyone,
Please help, I have an query. I currently live in Kuwait. I was working in a company(sub-contractor) that takes construction works for contract. My actual employer(A south Korean company) has already left this country and we(all our manpower) were taken by the main contractor. Right now we are working under the main-contractor, but we have not received any new renewal contract from our current main contractor. Even though they provide us an experience certificate, the HR is not willing to provide me any reference letter as he informed me that it shall be issued only to the direct employees. So the problem I am facing right now is that I am not able to specify an employer. Our visa is provided by a private company in this country and they are not willing to provide any reference letter either from their side. Making things worse my Kuwait visa happens to be a labor visa too, whereas I work as a supervisor.(FYI: all our visas are labor visa).

• I would like to know if it is fine if I get a reference letter from my manager and other senior staffs of this company as they are willing to provide me.
  • Also I can provide work photographs, experience certificate, pay slips.
  • I also want to know if my visa category will turn out to be an issue and if there is anything I can do in order to make things right.

I am currently in a situation of bewilderment and I am also afraid that my future is at stake.
1. Yes anyone who is superior to you can provide you a reference letter as long as it meets the reference letter format and requirements, no issues there at all.

2. You can provide as many supporting documents as you want, IRCC never says dont or that there is a limit, and dont worry you are not wasting the officer's time because they have the required experience to scan through these docs fast.

3. Nope, theu simply dont care, actually you dont need to provide your Kuwait residence visa unless of course its in your valid passport. I know alot of people who had the visa on their expired passports and because the IRCC asks only for the biopage and the visa pages of the current valid passport they didnt submit it and it was fine. They don't care about your title in the residence visa because they know how it is in the gulf region. If you are no confident just attach an LOE explaining that but they wont care

Good luck

Reactions: donjoejacob

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

please i need help. I currently work for a temp agency, the agency posted me to a particular company XYz , ,i have been at XYZ almost a year now and i am trying to apply for CEC, Please who will i fill out as my employer on my profile: Agency or the XYZ company.( The agency pays my wages and issues my paystubs). Please who is to issue my reference letter? Agency or XYZ company or both? My XYZ manager is saying the agency will have to be the one to issue this. Please help me!!

I have open PGWP.

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
Thank
"XYZ Company" is not your employer. The agency will need to issue the letter.
Thank you so much for this reply, will i need to provide extra information to prove I did the job outlined or just the agency letter will work?

Nandni

Jan 9, 2020
My company is ready to provide me the employment letter with the number of hours mentioned on cic website but is not ready to write full time on letter.... what should i do ???

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
Get letters from both the companies, ask temp agency A to write that you were working for B, Ask company B to write that you were on rolls of agency A whatever time you were working for, both the letters should have the job duties. I think that's the safest way to move forward.
Thanks for the reply.

A quick one, please what happens if the company refuses to issue this letter? Stating the agency is the rightful employer?

In the hopeful event, the company finally agrees to issue the letter, should it have the same duties as the agency or not ?

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
t
If they refuse then I don't know, yeah obviously the agency is the rightful employer but you are not asking the complany to write they are the employer, all you are asking is a letter with job duties and mentioning that you are assigned with us through the agency. The duties definitely need to match, not word to word but you get what I mean.
thank you very much

SD_oinp

Aug 7, 2019
I have 12+ years of experience with 5 employers. I have experience letters on company letter head for 3 of them (for about 7 years). I am with my current company since 2014 and I could not get experience letter from them, I have an affidavit by colleague dated Aug-2019. Will that work for my PR application? Please help.