+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I am having the worst nightmares trying to get the work ref letter for my current jobs. Can't ask my line manager or immediate colleagues cause that'll raise flags. Any other acquaintance I was counting on just turned their backs on me . There is no way I'm getting this letter in time to meet my deadline

What are my alternatives? Has anyone achieved the feat of getting PR without this ? Any success stories would be good to hear right now ..

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Unfortunately, job experience letter is a must for PR application. If you couldn't get your HR or supervisor write a letter for you, maybe try your best to ask your current/former colleagues? Meanwhile, gather as much as supporting documents, such as hiring contract, tax statement, bank deposit statement, salary slip, etc to support your claim.

manada

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
I am having the worst nightmares trying to get the work ref letter for my current jobs. Can't ask my line manager or immediate colleagues cause that'll raise flags. Any other acquaintance I was counting on just turned their backs on me . There is no way I'm getting this letter in time to meet my deadline

What are my alternatives? Has anyone achieved the feat of getting PR without this ? Any success stories would be good to hear right now ..
Just tell them you are going for some certification or e-learning course from some foreign institution and wont qualify if your job description or position does not meet the institution's criteria. My friend did the same and his HR gave the letter. He told them he wanted to do the course to develop his skills in his existing job. The HR was more than happy to give the letter :)

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Just tell them you are going for some certification or e-learning course from some foreign institution and wont qualify if your job description or position does not meet the institution's criteria. My friend did the same and his HR gave the letter. He told them he wanted to do the course to develop his skills in his existing job. The HR was more than happy to give the letter :)
That was the first thing I tried . Unfortunately looking at the format HR immediately recognised it as a letter for PR purposes. Since it's a large organisation they are very aware of all these requests. Plus I don't know if I'll get into trouble by lying about the real objective, what if they were to find out later that I misused the letter (I.e. using it for PR and not for studies) ☹

Last edited:

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Bro. If you cant get a letter from employer, just create one self declaration with all the required info.
like you duties, sal, doj designations held etc.

You dont have to get letter from colleague or manager.

If you cant get a reference letter from Your company on a letter head with stamp then any other letter you provide is just an alternative letter to support your claim.

So dont worry about all this. Get an affidavit with all info. and provide supporting docs, like sal slips, appraisal letters, joining letter and any other doc that speaks about your employemnt or your work activities.

Good luck.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Bro. If you cant get a letter from employer, just create one self declaration with all the required info.
like you duties, sal, doj designations held etc.

You dont have to get letter from colleague or manager.

If you cant get a reference letter from Your company on a letter head with stamp then any other letter you provide is just an alternative letter to support your claim.

So dont worry about all this. Get an affidavit with all info. and provide supporting docs, like sal slips, appraisal letters, joining letter and any other doc that speaks about your employemnt or your work activities.

Good luck.
Thank you so much. That's what I am planning to do . Really hoping it does not negatively impact my application . Thank you!!!

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
no negative impact.

No ref letter on letter head
Then Letter from colleague or Letter from manager or affidavit-self declaration = all are equal.

I provided same, only self declaration, and my friend as well.

I provided documentation I used for my H1B in my company.
My didnt provided only offer letter, appriasal letter and sal slips.

It works, if you are not from IT background then try to provide more documentation to support your duties.

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
Is experience letter fulfill the need or it HAS TO BE reference letter ? Please confirm and if there is any specific format of reference letter please share on ahsan097@gmail.com

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Reactions: cmsbcbc

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Thank you so much. That's what I am planning to do . Really hoping it does not negatively impact my application . Thank you!!!

Hello Mapleleaf 987, did you submit the documents in a self proclaimed affidavit. Did it work out for you kindly confirm as I too am in the same situation as its difficult to get the letter in the prescribed format by CIC.

thanks in advance

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello Mapleleaf 987, did you submit the documents in a self proclaimed affidavit. Did it work out for you kindly confirm as I too am in the same situation as its difficult to get the letter in the prescribed format by CIC.

thanks in advance
I submitted a self affirmation for work reference but I have only recently submitted my application. So there is no update as of now. Will reply back if I get any more progress..hopefully positive

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017

The last resort would be not to claim points for Work ex (if you have a good CRS score). Another could be if you could share the email that the company is not giving you ref letters in that case you can attach your pay stubs and the account statements to make show relevant experience

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I submitted a self affirmation for work reference but I have only recently submitted my application. So there is no update as of now. Will reply back if I get any more progress..hopefully positive
any update buddy? did it work with self signed letter?
and did you submit payslips etc. or only that self signed letter?