+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter required from TCS for CANADA PR

Rakshi Begum

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
I have been trying to reach TCS forum and FFS team for a reference letter but with no response since two weeks i have dropped email. Can anyone guide on it please?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,
I have been trying to reach TCS forum and FFS team for a reference letter but with no response since two weeks i have dropped email. Can anyone guide on it please?
Get it from your Manager.

Rakshi Begum

Aug 3, 2018
But has resigned long back. Her contact no. is not available.
Is there any email ID where I can communicate? Alumni portal ticket is also useless.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
But has resigned long back. Her contact no. is not available.
Is there any email ID where I can communicate? Alumni portal ticket is also useless.
Is it your current company or previous?

If current, get it from your manger or HR, if previous, get it from HR.

Rakshi Begum

Aug 3, 2018
Previous company 4 years back. Then HR has also left TCS. I am struggling to get in touch with any department. The HR Team in Think Campus, Bangalore I contacted, they say only via Email, Mumbai team will communicate in these cases.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Previous company 4 years back. Then HR has also left TCS. I am struggling to get in touch with any department. The HR Team in Think Campus, Bangalore I contacted, they say only via Email, Mumbai team will communicate in these cases.
So, It would be good to contact Mumbai team.

Until then, be ready with your offer letter, salary slips, relieving letter etc. If nobody provides you a reference letter, you will have to get that from a colleague.

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
Hi ...I am a present employee of TCS and HR refused foe the letter..Even the manager and colleagues are slightly shy of sharing their employee id for thise purpose but are ok about writing a reference letter..If I get it notarised will it work? How many reference letters should I collect from colleagues?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi ...I am a present employee of TCS and HR refused foe the letter..Even the manager and colleagues are slightly shy of sharing their employee id for thise purpose but are ok about writing a reference letter..If I get it notarised will it work? How many reference letters should I collect from colleagues?
Not sure why you need to write employee number on letter. There is no such requirement. Only one letter is fine from manager. Ideally letter needs to be on company letter head and should have all the details as listed on CIC website. However, if letter can not be obtained on company letter head people have provided notarized letters from manager along with their visiting cards. Search the forum and you will see many cases like that.

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
My manager does no thave a visiting card..mostly very senior ppl in TCS have visiting cards hence I was wondering if Ineed to attach his company iD card but he is not agreeable on that and HR has also refused to help..Hence Im in Catch 22 situation..

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi,
Please read below and do accordingly if not done earlier. I am not sure about any change if at all to the below. I got this done in year 2015 and they were very responsive..you might need to send them a reminder if need be. Alternatively you can seek help from any colleague or manager who still works there.

1.Employee number: Please mention your TCS employee ID in the subject line
of each e-mail that you send to corporate.ffs@tcs.com. If not done in this
email, please resend the same at the earliest including the Employee Number
in the subject line

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
You can register here and see if it helps.

https://www.alumniportal.tcs.com/

Hi,
Please read below and do accordingly if not done earlier. I am not sure about any change if at all to the below. I got this done in year 2015 and they were very responsive..you might need to send them a reminder if need be. Alternatively you can seek help from any colleague or manager who still works there.

1.Employee number: Please mention your TCS employee ID in the subject line
of each e-mail that you send to corporate.ffs@tcs.com. If not done in this
email, please resend the same at the earliest including the Employee Number
in the subject line

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My manager does no thave a visiting card..mostly very senior ppl in TCS have visiting cards hence I was wondering if Ineed to attach his company iD card but he is not agreeable on that and HR has also refused to help..Hence Im in Catch 22 situation..
Reference letter from your manager is enough. No need of business card or company ID.

Reactions: RedCherry

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
Thanks..thats a huge help...I m planning to submit three reference letters..one from ex colleague,one from present collegaue and one from manager...usually people are shy of sharing any of their employment records hence I asked many people so that ateast I get 2 for submission..the language is same in three letters but they attest my presence in different projects I did with them..I think it should be fine?

Reference letter from your manager is enough. No need of business card or company ID.[/QUO

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi Friends

I have been working with TCS for close to 9 years. I have had four promotions and worked in 5 different projects (in 2 NOC Codes) in 4 different locations. Officially, TCS does not give a reference letter to its existing employees.

In lieu of that, based on feedback on Canada visa threads, I reached out to my previous managers who are still with TCS. They all agreed to give a notarized letter.

But we were still not sure. So, to get an expert advice we decided to hire an immigration consulting (the most popular one in India .. Abh....) to help with the post ITA process. The attorney at the immigration consulting company has advised me to simply get one email (on TCS email) from a colleague who has been in TCS longer than myself with all roles and responsibilities listed on it from all five projects, save it as a pdf and use that. According to them attaching five letters complicates things and Indian notarization is meaningless for CIC. What matters is that in case of a BGC (which is done via email in most cases) that person from your company should be able to confirm the details in the email.

On the other hand I read on the Canada Visa threads that notarized letter is required in absence of reference letter on company letter head.

I wanted to know if anyone else has gotten their PR by submitting email from colleague in absence of reference letter on letterhead? Or, if anyone has been advised by their attorney that notarization is a must?

If we can get a clear perspective on that, it will help a lot of other applicants as well. In the end getting an email is far easier than getting letters notarized (in which most are done in a fraudulent manner as the person who signs it is not always present in front of notary as the law requires them to be).

Best regards

Rakshi Begum

Aug 3, 2018
Hi Friend,
I also applied via a reputed agency and was unable to get a reference letter for my 1st job (bank). But as per suggestions from my agency, I got an notarized affidavit from a friend who is a manager in that bank now. It has been 3month I have submitted my profile and it shows under progress.