+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Canadian Study Permit, found out while boarding the plane that that my visa was canceled

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
So I got my student visa approved within 2 days with the ACCOUNT showing that the background check was done and the passport was stamped by a week

I got this on Feb 24th and the passport was received by me by 1st March

I waited till a month to book my tickets as my term starts from May 21st

Then as I was boarding the plane yesterday was told that the visa was canceled by the airway officials

I had to return back,

I filed a complaint with the cic website

and now need advice as to how to proceed further

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So I got my student visa approved within 2 days with the ACCOUNT showing that the background check was done and the passport was stamped by a week

I got this on Feb 24th and the passport was received by me by 1st March

I waited till a month to book my tickets as my term starts from May 21st

Then as I was boarding the plane yesterday was told that the visa was canceled by the airway officials

I had to return back,

I filed a complaint with the cic website

and now need advice as to how to proceed further
Airline officials cannot cancel your visa. There must be some other reason why your visa was determined as cancelled. It is quite unusual if your study permit was approved in just two days along with background checks

Did you apply for a study permit on your own or through an agent?

Reactions: scylla

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Airline officials cannot cancel your visa. There must be some other reason why your visa was determined as cancelled. It is quite unusual if your study permit was approved in just two days along with background checks

Did you apply for a study permit on your own or through an agent?
applied through an agent

background check was done, SOP accepted

and in a month new update shows document invalid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
applied through an agent

That means that IRCC discovered a problem with your application afterwards. Typically this means one of two things happened. Either a fraudulent document was submitted - or there was a serious misrepresentation in the application (e.g. failing to declare a previous refusal). Order your GCMS notes - this will tell you what happened.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
applied through an agent

If misrepresentation is alleged, you may also now be banned from Canada for five years.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
There is more to this than meets the eye. O/P had originally posted information that further back he had P/R, COPR, wanting to sponsor his brother etc, as well asking questions how much information is shared between countries and the 5 eye countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: k.h.p. and Bryanna

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
There is more to this than meets the eye. O/P had originally posted information that further back he had P/R, COPR, wanting to sponsor his brother etc, as well asking questions how much information is shared between countries and the 5 eye countries.
He appears to be wanting to study while his PR is processed, based on a cursory look at the OP's recent post history.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
my brother already got his US visa

He's now in USA

I was rejected twice by US student visa which I had disclosed to the canadian embassy

why would this info take a month to come if this was the reason

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my brother already got his US visa

He's now in USA

I was rejected twice by US student visa which I had disclosed to the canadian embassy

why would this info take a month to come if this was the reason
Again, order your GCMS notes. This is the only way you will find out why your study permit was canceled. Study permits aren't canceled for no reason - there is something IRCC discovered that cause them to cancel the visa. Even if all of the information you provided was accurate / truthful - it's possible your agent included fraudulent information or left something out of the application without your knowledge.

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Again, order your GCMS notes. This is the only way you will find out why your study permit was canceled. Study permits aren't canceled for no reason - there is something IRCC discovered that cause them to cancel the visa. Even if all of the information you provided was accurate / truthful - it's possible your agent included fraudulent information or left something out of the application without your knowledge.
is there a nuber that I can call

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is there a nuber that I can call
No. Again, you have to order your case notes (GCMS notes) to see the detailed refusal reasons.

There is a CIC call centre. However they only answer basic questions about the immigration process. They don't have access to your detailed case notes and won't be able to tell you what happened.

Vacohara

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
No. Again, you have to order your case notes (GCMS notes) to see the detailed refusal reasons.

There is a CIC call centre. However they only answer basic questions about the immigration process. They don't have access to your detailed case notes and won't be able to tell you what happened.
well,

okay but I had applied for arts program in usa, visited it for 3 months and came back and after working for an year applied for a computer science stream in canada.

do u think this was why visa was canceled

I mentioned this in the SOP