+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my application refused because the officer can't confirm that I have more than a year offer

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
TO be able to claim the 50 points, besides the letter stating this..positive LMIA (for non-exempted LMIA jobs) is always required, right?
Yes , in most cases.

Here is an explanation on when a LMIA is not needed:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

That is why claiming these points is actually quite difficult and why some many people are commonly refused because they didn't actually meet this.

May 23, 2020
@Magjo
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if IRCC considered your new job offer document request via web form? It seems like I have made the same mistake but my eligibility has not started yet. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
@Magjo
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if IRCC considered your new job offer document request via web form? It seems like I have made the same mistake but my eligibility has not started yet. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.
Oh I did and officer said that she sent it to the department where handles those situations ! I think it’s okay now

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
You too !!!
@Wolfpmd3 @legalfalcon @DEEPCUR @jes_ON @scylla Dear senior folks - I have related question on valid job offer (lmia exempt) . While filling EE profile I did not have full clarity on this one and hence I said yes. But looking at response on this thread, I think should not have answered yes to that question. I am working on a closed work permit since april 2019, and in may 2020 company has extended WP for 2 years. My project was extended for 2 years and hence company has applied extension for 2 years. However, I cannot able to prove to CIC that I have min 1 yr of job after PR will be issued.
Can you please guide me how to pursue this? My CRS scrore - 520 and cut off score was 437. Based on my understanding there are 3 options, not sure which one to choose:
1. Decline ITA and hope next draw will be CEC. my ielts is expiring on sept 8 and hence cannot take a risk
2. Proceed with Yes with whatever documentation + In LOE mention " I am a full time employee working with XYZ Canada Inc since April 2019. Recently my project has been extended because of which my employer has extended WP for two years". CIC knows that employer has to provide intended period of employment in employer compliance form and WP application.
3. Update to NO and mention in LOE this was a honest mistake from my side
I do not know how VO takes decision. whether they will simply deduct 50 pts if not satisfied (which is still fine in my case) or reject entire application. Hence I am bit concerned what to do.
I must say you guys are making tremendous contributions to this forum. Because of you guys this forum is still relevant and alive.

Reactions: shaizeik

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Hi- I got my eligibility passed few days ago. I was here on ICT and my work visa expiring in November 2020. I got extension in Feb 2020 for one year from November 2020 till next year.

what my company’s legal suggested - Mr. Xxxx is employed with us since..... . He is permanently transferred from our company’s xxxx office.... and is working as full time employee with our xxxx office in Canada for xxxx number of hours at this pay. we have extended one year contact to him in Feb 2020 in expectation that he will receive his PR by end of September or October . Further we confirm that permanent offer will be considered once he obtains PR in due course .

I included this letter along with my letters from previous office of the company to establish my long relationship with company and I have worked in 4 countries in different offices.

I also ordered gcms notes and my employment was considered as one with indeterminant period And hence permanent and hence my points claim was passed .

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
@Wolfpmd3 @legalfalcon @DEEPCUR @jes_ON @scylla Dear senior folks - I have related question on valid job offer (lmia exempt) . While filling EE profile I did not have full clarity on this one and hence I said yes. But looking at response on this thread, I think should not have answered yes to that question. I am working on a closed work permit since april 2019, and in may 2020 company has extended WP for 2 years. My project was extended for 2 years and hence company has applied extension for 2 years. However, I cannot able to prove to CIC that I have min 1 yr of job after PR will be issued.
Can you please guide me how to pursue this? My CRS scrore - 520 and cut off score was 437. Based on my understanding there are 3 options, not sure which one to choose:
1. Decline ITA and hope next draw will be CEC. my ielts is expiring on sept 8 and hence cannot take a risk
2. Proceed with Yes with whatever documentation + In LOE mention " I am a full time employee working with XYZ Canada Inc since April 2019. Recently my project has been extended because of which my employer has extended WP for two years". CIC knows that employer has to provide intended period of employment in employer compliance form and WP application.
3. Update to NO and mention in LOE this was a honest mistake from my side
I do not know how VO takes decision. whether they will simply deduct 50 pts if not satisfied (which is still fine in my case) or reject entire application. Hence I am bit concerned what to do.
I must say you guys are making tremendous contributions to this forum. Because of you guys this forum is still relevant and alive.
refer my response below , it’s bad if officer took but strict stand and your company HR could have offered bit better worded letter to you.

but you still meet points if 50 points are deducted so ur fine

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
refer my response below , it’s bad if officer took but strict stand and your company HR could have offered bit better worded letter to you.

but you still meet points if 50 points are deducted so ur fine
Thanks @Rahul81 . I have not yet submitted my eAPR. I see your response above. However in my case, company is not supportive and pretty much sure they would not provide any such type of letters. Even they do not provide job experience letter with job duties. They only document provided is standard employment verification letter without job duties. Any customized letter request will not be entertained.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
but job duties will be required to claim 50 points for experience against NOC code that you applied. The above wording can help u with claiming additional 50 for valid offer

You need to check as this may not help ur case ,

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thanks @Rahul81 . I have not yet submitted my eAPR. I see your response above. However in my case, company is not supportive and pretty much sure they would not provide any such type of letters. Even they do not provide job experience letter with job duties. They only document provided is standard employment verification letter without job duties. Any customized letter request will not be entertained.
Your letter of employment MUST contain job experience with DETAILED job duties, you're not just risking the 50 points from job offer but the whole canadian experience requirement as well, see post below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-refused-for-noc2173.674383/

Reactions: shaizeik

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Perfect , that’s what I mentioned and thanks for sharing the reference
Just to clarify further
1. For CEC experience - To claim 35 pts for 1 yr Canada exp I am attaching Standard letter from HR (no job duties), HR refusal email requesting job duties, notarized reference letter from mgr mentioning job duties, T4, payslips, NOA,
2 For arranged job offer 50 pts - This is the area I am not sure and hence posted above query. As i said, even if they do not satisfy with documentation for job offer, then my question is whether they will simply deduct 50 pts if they are not satisfied (which is still fine in my case) or reject entire application.
My CRS score is 520 and cut off score was 437. If they deduct 50 pts , mr crs score will still be above cut off score at the time of draw.