+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR refused for NOC2173

sounak

Jan 20, 2020
Hi guys,
I applied for my PR under the Canadian Experience class on September 10, 2019. I got the final verdict on 16th Jan 2020. It was refused on the grounds of not providing enough proof of skilled work experience in Canada. Here is an exerpt from the letter

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
2018-04 to 2019-09 - Senior Member of Technical Staff, Software (NOC: 2173) - at XXX Corporation
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because the letter of employment provided for XXX Corporation does not include any details regarding the duties associated with your position, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Software (NOC: 2173).
I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]. As well, I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
I have reviewed all information available, and upon review, I am not satisfied that you are a member of the Canadian Experience Class according to R87.1(2).
As per instructions for applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check, it states:
“The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
•a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
•should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details:
job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of
work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and”."

For this job I provided the following documents:
  • Job Offer letter
  • A reference letter from HR
  • T4
  • Salary slip
But it seems they need an experience letter stating all my roles and responsibilities.
So my question(s) are:
  • What should be my next steps? One option being I should reapply.
  • My current work permit expires on 18 April 2020. So if I reapply and it doesn't complete processing within that time can I stay in Canada or do I have to go back to my home country?
Thanks for the replies.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Did your reference letter include the full listing of job duties? If not, that's a shame - a simple reference letter without listing all the job duties and responsibilities is not sufficient, an experience letter is mandatory.

You could certainly re-enter the pool and apply again, with the knowledge that you have to (1) receive an ITA, and (2) that a PR application does not give you implied status.

Reactions: Uvr

sounak

Jan 20, 2020
Did your reference letter include the full listing of job duties? If not, that's a shame - a simple reference letter without listing all the job duties and responsibilities is not sufficient, an experience letter is mandatory.

You could certainly re-enter the pool and apply again, with the knowledge that you have to (1) receive an ITA, and (2) that a PR application does not give you implied status.
Is there any way I can extend my stay till I get the verdict of my reapplication considering I get an ITA. Like applying for a visitor visa or something like that.

Thanks for the reply.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Is there any way I can extend my stay till I get the verdict of my reapplication considering I get an ITA. Like applying for a visitor visa or something like that.

Thanks for the reply.
You could try to make an application to extend your stay as a visitor. You'll need to provide proof of funds and ties to your home. It may be challenging.

Reactions: sounak

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019

Thanks for the reply.
Or once you apply and receive the AOR, you can apply for a BOWP which will allow you to continue working.

Reactions: jes_ON and k.h.p.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Or once you apply and receive the AOR, you can apply for a BOWP which will allow you to continue working.
Only if the OP still holds a valid work permit. If the OP no longer has a valid work permit and has switched to visitor status, a BOWP will not be possible.

Reactions: csadangi

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Only if the OP still holds a valid work permit. If the OP no longer has a valid work permit and has switched to visitor status, a BOWP will not be possible.
Yes, but the OP´s work permit does not expire until April 18. That should give them enough time to re-apply and still be eligible for the BOWP.

Reactions: sounak

Gayatriwilb

Sep 10, 2017
Hi guys,
I applied for my PR under the Canadian Experience class on September 10, 2019. I got the final verdict on 16th Jan 2020. It was refused on the grounds of not providing enough proof of skilled work experience in Canada. Here is an exerpt from the letter

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
2018-04 to 2019-09 - Senior Member of Technical Staff, Software (NOC: 2173) - at XXX Corporation
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because the letter of employment provided for XXX Corporation does not include any details regarding the duties associated with your position, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Software (NOC: 2173).
I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]. As well, I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
I have reviewed all information available, and upon review, I am not satisfied that you are a member of the Canadian Experience Class according to R87.1(2).
As per instructions for applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check, it states:
•a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
•should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details:
job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of

• Job Offer letter
  • T4
  • Salary slip
But it seems they need an experience letter stating all my roles and responsibilities.
So my question(s) are:
  • My current work permit expires on 18 April 2020. So if I reapply and it doesn't complete processing within that time can I stay in Canada or do I have to go back to my home country?
Thanks for the replies.
What did you do? Did you reapply? Please let me know the status of your application

Roannetology

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hi guys,

• Job Offer letter
  • T4
  • Salary slip
So my question(s) are:
Thanks for the replies.
Hi my friend.. did you received your refusal letter after the "Decision made" on Ecas. Or your received it before the Decision made appeared on Ecas. Thank you