+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my application refused because the officer can't confirm that I have more than a year offer

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
My job offer doesn't specifically state that I will be working for 1 year after becoming PR, but my letter of employment does include that.

Would that be enough?
From what I understand, if your letter of employment states you will continue to work full-time, on a permanent basis, after you are given PR, it should count. Just make sure it meets all the criteria!

Reactions: LordStanley

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
From what I understand, if your letter of employment states you will continue to work full-time, on a permanent basis, after you are given PR, it should count. Just make sure it meets all the criteria!
Thanks for the reply. Our HR was very adamant about including anything else in the offer, however my boss made sure to include all the important points in the letter. Now I can only hope for the best :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I don't think anybody would be able to claim 50 points by just attaching a letter which says employer would provide job for an year after PR. There are other questions which come up as well and those should be satisfied too.

I know IRCC asks for this and it is a requirement but I do not understand the logic behind it asking for the exact words. Doesn't make sense to me.

When an offer letter says full-time permanent, it means that the job is valid for as long as anyone is able to work legally. So, it also means that if I get my PR, my job automatically gets attached to that and doesn't end with the work permit. How is that not clear to IRCC that they want the explicit words which asks for my employer to commit. Not all employers would be ready to do that even though it may not hold up legally or whatever. As one year after PR is, may be 2 years from when we apply(depending on the case, and who knows what'll happen in the meanwhile).
That is exactly why not everyone can claim those points. It's 50 Points!
If you want to claim them, you should be able to prove it, else you just don't claim those points
Of course it'll be hard to get those points depending on your employer... that's why it's worth 50 points which is a lot

Reactions: shaizeik

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.

Reactions: Victor02

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.
Sorry to disappoint but it won't be faster

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Did you get PR? after how months? Are/were you CEC? did you pass Medical Exam and Security in the first application?
I'm still waiting for the PR, I re-applied two months ago. I did pass Medical Exam and Security in the first application.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello.

I just got my refusal for CEC today and I honestly disagree with what the officer said. I copy and paste the letter:

Based on the documentation submitted with your application for permanent residence, I am not satisfied you possess a valid offer of arranged employment because the offer of employment letter does not state that the employment is for ‘continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued’ as per R82 (1).​
The ‘Offer of Employment’ you have submitted is the original letter of offer from *employer name* from May of 2017. The letter of employment (from Empolyer name) states that you work “on a full-time, permanent basis of 40 hours per week”, which does not satisfy me of a qualifying offer of employment.​
This just sounds bonkers to me. It reads like the officer thinks I wouldn't have a job for more than a Year after receiving my PR, but the next paragraph says that I have "full time permanent basis of 40 hours per week". I've been working almost 3 years on the same company and I have an employment letter that I had from 2017 which they told me to submit as well which I did.

I don't know what to do, I am proving that I have PERMANENT WORK, should I appeal? Also Maybe it has to do with the case that we changed names? We had the name "a" when I got hired and changed name to name "b" but I also submitted a letter with the legal stuff talking about the name change and that we are in fact the same company.

Don't know what to do.
Hi. I am on same bout and I was wondering how it went. I really hope you found they way out.
I was considering raise enquiry before they refuse my application.
Have you request enquiry or consideration letter?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi. I am on same bout and I was wondering how it went. I really hope you found they way out.
I was considering raise enquiry before they refuse my application.
Have you request enquiry or consideration letter?
If you are on the same boat, you shouldn't be claiming those 50 points.

Unless you have a letter that explicitly states you'll be employed for at least one year after you become a PR, you can use it.

Having a permanent position whilst on a Temporary work permit means that you only have a temporary position for as long as your work permit lasts. And if you put some thought into it you'll realize it makes sense.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
If you are on the same boat, you shouldn't be claiming those 50 points.

Unless you have a letter that explicitly states you'll be employed for at least one year after you become a PR, you can use it.

Having a permanent position whilst on a Temporary work permit means that you only have a temporary position for as long as your work permit lasts. And if you put some thought into it you'll realize it makes sense.

Thank you so much for response!
I can ask my owner to revise the job offer. I think i kinda understand. I was just confusing because the job offer says its permanent full time position. I really thought thats good enough.

I can't do my PR without LMIA. I am so sorry to bother you but do you think raise case specific enquiry before they reject my application? I submitted it a month ago.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for response!
I can ask my owner to revise the job offer. I think i kinda understand. I was just confusing because the job offer says its permanent full time position. I really thought thats good enough.

I can't do my PR without LMIA. I am so sorry to bother you but do you think raise case specific enquiry before they reject my application? I submitted it a month ago.
You have a chance that the officer reviewing your application will let it through. It has happened but it will rarely be the case.
Unless you can provide the documentation to satisfy the requirement there is really no point raising a webform...
You've already applied you just need to hear back from them and keep your fingers crossed

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
You have a chance that the officer reviewing your application will let it through. It has happened but it will rarely be the case.
Unless you can provide the documentation to satisfy the requirement there is really no point raising a webform...
You've already applied you just need to hear back from them and keep your fingers crossed
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your answer. I really hope they let my application passed without any doubt.
Actually visa will be expired in one and half year. Hope they think it's good enough to get it through.
Thanks again!!

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Ideally you should wait as this happened with my colleagues where they received additional document request and they explained for how long they were with company outside Canada and their offer is linked to work permit for legal reasons and they are here on permanent basis. Their information and explanation was accepted

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
The requirement of arranged employment for at least 1 year after the PR status is granted is very straight-forward.

If you can't prove this, then you shouldn't be expecting to claim those points. If you haven't proven this with a letter that clearly states this then you should not be surprised if you can't claim these points and this brings your CRS score below the cut-off for your round making you ineligible.

The rules and requirements are clearly laid out so people should know what to expect.

It's sucks but it is what is it!

It's 50 points, which is a lot, so of course they need to be picky otherwise anyone could just claim this points.
TO be able to claim the 50 points, besides the letter stating this..positive LMIA (for non-exempted LMIA jobs) is always required, right?