+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CPR status- whats next?

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
I applied outland from the US in July and just got my paperwork today- it seems to have gone insanely quick considering it said 17 months for approval when I started. I'm supposed to be in Canada by 5/14/14. We weren't exactly thinking it would go nearly this fast, so this was a bit of a shock to us as we had planned it would take much longer. Now I'm feeling a bit panicked that I have to move by May! It doesn't give me alot of time to get everything done I need to do. I assume they want me moved by then with all my stuff? Or can a person land and then go back for their belongings? I didn't get any info on what I'm supposed to do next, what I'm allowed to bring, is there a charge for bringing your belongings to Canada? What about my car? Is there a link/place to go for info about things like that?

Also- can anyone tell me what it means on my CPR paperwork when it says Undertaking (mos) 36?
What is the Expiry Date of 2016/11/02 about?
And what it means by Medical Details Surveillance Code of 1?

Wish this all came with better explanations. We're lost as to what comes next!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can certainly land and then return later with your belongings.

You MUST land by the expiry date.

No idea about the medical notation.

The length of undertaking is how long the sponsor is financially responsible for the applicant.

Congratulations!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonandtheriver said:
Do I land by the Expiry Date or the Valid to Date?
Thanks so much!
Are they not the same date?

Typically, the CoPR expiry date coincides with the 1 year anniversary of the medical exam.

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
I see now- the Expiry date is my passport.
The Valid to Date was the date of my medical exam so must be my land by date as well.
So a person can land officially and then return for their belongings at another date? Is their a time frame for importing all your belongings? Where do I go to find that kind of info? Like bringing my car and everything I own up with me?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
moonandtheriver said:
I see now- the Expiry date is my passport.
The Valid to Date was the date of my medical exam so must be my land by date as well.
yes. you must land by that date.
the medicals i think just mean you are the only one who did the medical exam. it really doesn't matter.

moonandtheriver said:
So a person can land officially and then return for their belongings at another date?
yes. they will ask you for a canadian address upon landing. this is where your pr card will be sent. you don't even have to tell them you are returning to the states. once you land, you are a PR and can go back and forth as you please. you won't need your PR card to cross back at a later date. all you need is your passport and COPR.

moonandtheriver said:
Is their a time frame for importing all your belongings? Where do I go to find that kind of info? Like bringing my car and everything I own up with me?
no, there's not. as long as it's listed on your B4 form as a "goods to follow" that is presented at landing, there is no time restrictions on bringing it over. google "B4 form canadian immigration" and a link to the form will pop up. you will want 1 for items you plan to bring with you at landing and 1 for items that are "goods to follow". there aren't any instructions, so if you have specific questions, search the forum. there is a lot of information about it on here.

the car export/import is a whole different battle, and i suggest you don't do it at the same time as landing if you intend to use it to go back to the states. there are threads on the settlement board about it. it's a lot of steps, and requires a lot of coordiation. at landing, you'll add your car to the goods to follow form under the conveyance section, and can drive it in canada as a us car until you are ready to bring it over.

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
Thank you that helps me figure a few things out. :)

I also have a stipulation of "must cohabit with my husband for a continuous period of 2 years after the day on which I become a PR"...we've been together for 9 years and known each other for 17 and that was all proven in my application... it stated in the application guide that As of October 25, 2012, CIC introduced amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The amendments specify that spouses, common-law or conjugal partners who are in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and have no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application are subject to a period of conditional permanent residence.
I'm not sure why this got applied to us. Does this mean I can't go back to visit my family for 2 years? What does this mean in actuality? We obviously plan to live together and have been every summer/fall for 6 years- but am I not allowed to go back to the US to visit for 2 years once I land?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Yes, of course you can! Even with the conditional status, short periods away are fine, for work trips, or going on a separate vacation to visit your family.

We're you guys married or common law for more than 2 years before submitting the application? Or simply be and gf, but not living together for 12 months or more consecutively? The conditional status is from when you are in a legal marriage or legally commo law for less than 2 years, not simply dating.

If you were married or commo law for 2 years or more, then u should be able to get the conditional status removed.

I really think this would only be a problem though if u have relationship breakdown prior to 2 years after landing and if your spouse reported u to cic.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
and anytime you travel WITH your spouse, that counts toward the condition. it's not a big deal. you have no travel restrictions at all.

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
Ahh I see. That wasn't explained anywhere I could find. No, we have been bf/gf for 9 years. I didn't realize by "relationship" they meant "married/common law." Seems maybe they should have stated it that way for better understanding? lol Oh well, not a big deal. I was just surprised to see it there.
Good to know I can still come back to the US without an issue. I'd hate to think if something happened to a family member I couldn't zip back, or come back for visits for 2 years :) Thank you for that info.
Wow the Form B4 looks intimidating. Do I honestly list every single thing I'm bringing with me separately and attempt to place Canadian values on all of it? I better get looking into that soon.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
moonandtheriver said:
Do I honestly list every single thing I'm bringing with me separately and attempt to place Canadian values on all of it? I better get looking into that soon.
not quite. you group things together and give estimated values. for example you can say 2 boxes of books, and assign a value, 2 suitcases of clothing = $$$, etc. when it comes to jewlery, you can group it all together, except for appraised jewelry you are carrying across, and not wearing.
it's best to put serial numbers on large electronics too.

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
When I'm packing things up do I need to separate things in boxes according to their grouping? Can I have kitchen items mixed in with decorative items? Books mixed in with other items? Or if I am listing them in 2 different categories do I need to separate them? How careful do I need to be when packing things up to keep groupings together? Am I worrying about this needlessly? I'm bringing up all of my worldly possessions so don't want to screw things up.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
moonandtheriver said:
When I'm packing things up do I need to separate things in boxes according to their grouping? Can I have kitchen items mixed in with decorative items? Books mixed in with other items? Or if I am listing them in 2 different categories do I need to separate them? How careful do I need to be when packing things up to keep groupings together? Am I worrying about this needlessly? I'm bringing up all of my worldly possessions so don't want to screw things up.
while it's not required to group like items with like items, it certainly will make filling out the b4 and assigning values much easier. you don't have to list everything separately. if you have 2 boxes of household goods, you can write: 2 boxes of household items (kitchen/decorative) and assign a value for the lot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
moonandtheriver said:
And what it means by Medical Details Surveillance Code of 1?
This simply means that you do not require Medical Surveillance. Some people (usually TB cases) are required to report for medical surveillance once they are in Canada in order to protect the public health of the country.