Got AIP Stage 1 Study Visa. Pakistan. SDS

sidramirza

Aug 9, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Helllo. Just wanted to share with other Pakistanis the information that I got AIP on 7th August Friday as stage 1 study visa.

I applied on 20th February 2020.
Did medical on 14th January 2020
Biometrics on 24th February 2020.
Medical Passed on 10th June 2020
Eligibility Review changed on 18th June 2020.
Got AIP message on 7th August 2020.

SDS Study route.
Master's in University of Alberta - Duration 1 year

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall
Work Experience - 2 years in Pakistan
I applied myself and did not hire any consultant.

If you have any questions please comment below, however I don't use this platform that often. Hope this helped.

Here's the message I got from IRCC:

Hello, While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.
You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.
Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.
While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.
If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Kashif01

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Helllo. Just wanted to share with other Pakistanis the information that I got AIP on 7th August Friday as stage 1 study visa.

SDS Study route.

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall

If you have any questions please comment below, however I don't use this platform that often. Hope this helped.

Hello, While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.
You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.
Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.
While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.
If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.
Thank you,
Wow congrats and one question did you receive it in the email or in the gckey account. Thanks and again congratulations

Holi

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020

SDS Study route.

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall

Thank you,
Congratulations sidra. You proved to be the first drop of rain. Did u get any ghost update before AIP or direct AIP after reviewing eligibility.

fatyma

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Congratulations Sidra! My program too is of one year Masters, how we will complete that 50% course completion in Canada if restrictions in place? Like i am confused our 50% would be completed till Jan mid. Any idea on this??

sam.sam.sam

Aug 9, 2020

SDS Study route.

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall

Thank you,
hello.. hope you doing well, first of all congrats for AIP. my concern is as per your profile you submitted medical, biometric, gic , Loa then why AIP why not study permit

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017

SDS Study route.

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall

Thank you,
Congratulations Sidra and Good luck

D_D

Jun 8, 2020

SDS Study route.

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall

Thank you,
Congratulations & thanks for sharing :)

Can you please tell us whether or not there was an update in your GC Key account (like review of eligibility passed) after getting this AIP mail ?

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
I don't understand .... if people (like the person who got their visa in this thread) have submitted complete applications, why on earth would they bother with this AIP stuff and not issue them the final approval? It's not like any more documents are required as the biometrics and medical are done.

Reactions: JodyA

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
I don't understand .... if people (like the person who got their visa in this thread) have submitted complete applications, why on earth would they bother with this AIP stuff and not issue them the final approval? It's not like any more documents are required as the biometrics and medical are done.
This 2 stage decision making phase is only limited to Fall Intake because of so many applications, admissibility cannot be assessed very quickly due to limited staff i guess, some countries do not even have their VAC's open and likewise travel restrictions make it more difficult to issues final visas at this time

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Oh, I do understand that that might be true. Its just that way to many people on this forum are pretending as if an AIP is the be all end all for study permit applications, even when IRCC stated in their webinars, press releases and their website that an AIP doesn't guarantee a final approval for the study permit. So what if someone starts their studies online after receiving an AIP, and then their final decision regarding the study permit comes back negative? In that case that person just lost tens of thousands of dollars for no good reason. It just seems to me that for complete applications, they should just make a final decision rather than complicate the process, both for themselves, and for the students.