+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got AIP Stage 1 Study Visa. Pakistan. SDS

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
I don't understand .... if people (like the person who got their visa in this thread) have submitted complete applications, why on earth would they bother with this AIP stuff and not issue them the final approval? It's not like any more documents are required as the biometrics and medical are done.
Its because VAC is closed and they cannot ask for a passport request for printing. Even in the second stage they will simply not refuse your Visa, they will ask for further documents etc. Be grateful that Canada is doing so much incoming students. Unlike the US who was planning to kick out students who are already there.

Reactions: Roohiez

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Its because VAC is closed and they cannot ask for a passport request for printing. Even in the second stage they will simply not refuse your Visa, they will ask for further documents etc. Be grateful that Canada is doing so much incoming students. Unlike the US who was planning to kick out students who are already there.
No offense but you're just wrong about that https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/can/news/vac-reopening . And you clearly didn't read my post because I was only referring to complete applications. Please explain how they ask for "further documents etc" when an application is complete?

Reactions: Hawki77777

Let's go to party

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
No offense but you're just wrong about that https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/can/news/vac-reopening . And you clearly didn't read my post because I was only referring to complete applications. Please explain how they ask for "further documents etc" when an application is complete?
Very true, just the other day, another guy got AIP for a complete application and how can some students commence online if their program is 80% practical and 20%Theory.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Very true, just the other day, another guy got AIP for a complete application and how can some students commence online if their program is 80% practical and 20%Theory.
Yeah .... hopefully they actually start issuing full approvals because the 2 step process will just result in a continued pileup of applications. Who even knows when the people who got an AIP will actually get the final approval.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
Congrats!!!

Yeah .... hopefully they actually start issuing full approvals because the 2 step process will just result in a continued pileup of applications. Who even knows when the people who got an AIP will actually get the final approval.
I have been thinking what you're thinking. And you know what, recently they posted on Twitter that AIP is only for those who couldn't complete application. And here we are. Lol. IRCC couldn't do more to confuse us.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
It seems like IRCC processed the application submitted in June or July first. How about those submitted in March, April and May?

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Congrats!!!

I have been thinking what you're thinking. And you know what, recently they posted on Twitter that AIP is only for those who couldn't complete application. And here we are. Lol. IRCC couldn't do more to confuse us.

lol ..... this tweet is so confusing ..... the person who got their visa in this thread literally said that her application was complete.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
guys, what does mean for the status of the application to move to "submitted" after it was " your action is required" all by itself and no new mail or update?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Let's assume it takes 10 minutes to check a profile and give an AIP. It may take an additional 10 to 20 minutes to do a background check and give a full decision. Instead of giving full decision they will process 1-2 more applicants and give an AIP. Even if they give the full decision a student cant travel. Why would they waste extra minutes when they want to give AIP's to as many applications as possible. It is only working in our favour. A person's non-full decision means a few more AIPs.

Listen to the webinar by Delhi IRCC. She clearly and repeatedly tells that 2nd stage refusal will be extremely rare unless you are spy, terrorist or provided fake documents. Even if the visa officer finds that documents you already provided are not sufficient, they will request for more details instead of refusing the application.

There is a lot of negativity around these forums with people who are sceptic about every single step. The truth is there are 100s of 1000 students in Canada currently. They have already received a study permit. Even during COVID, Canada is working for us. Just be grateful for that.