+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to Follow List - Moving more than one year after Landing

ab_abd01

Aug 9, 2022
Making this entry here to help others who may have the same question in the future. We have travelled to Canada and moved here permanently recently. I did make a revised Goods to Follow List and explained the situation at the airport. The revised Goods to Follow List was accepted.
Hi. Thanks for your message. Can we also revise the car in GTF list ? I have my old car listed in the GTF list when I did my first soft landing couple years ago, but now planning to move permanently next month - but with a new car. Would that be ok you think ?

TMAK1971

Jan 21, 2021
I will be doing a short landing for only few weeks in September 2022 and then moving permanently within a few months. I got the following 4 questions in my scenario:

1) Kindly shed lights if its mandatory for me to give my goods to carry/goods to follow list at my upcoming short landing or can I give it later when I revisit Canada again? My situation is my personal effects are in two places as I resided Tokyo and Hokkaido previously.

2) If I tendered the goods to follow list in the upcoming short landing to Canada for Tokyo where I currently reside,

3) I shall tender the goods to follow list as well at that time for Hokaido?

4) Then how long the goods to follow list remain valid for Hoikaido if I tendered together with Tokyo one in my upcoming short landing in September 2022?

Thank you very much!

irwe

May 18, 2022
Hi. Thanks for your message. Can we also revise the car in GTF list ? I have my old car listed in the GTF list when I did my first soft landing couple years ago, but now planning to move permanently next month - but with a new car. Would that be ok you think ?

Any update on this? If you were able to import your new car into Canada?

Because I am also in the same boat as I did a soft landing in Nov 2022 and planning to move permanently to Canada in Jan 2024 with my newly bought car which is purchased after my soft landing in Nov 2022. On soft landing, I haven't given any GTF form, and now that I go to know that I can submit the GTF during my upcoming trip as I am planning to come to Canada as a Settler. Please share if anyone have any information regarding this.