+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goodbye to the Canadian dream

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
mf4361 said:
People here usually don't suggest hiring immigration consultants and lawyers, as many have horror story dealing with them. At the end of the day, it is individual's decision whether to drop money on some advice.
I agree, but there are some registered consultants and lawyers that offer free consultation to assess a case, I don't see how that would hurt if you are that desperate. If someone complains on the internet about saying "goodbye to the Canadian dream", is going for a free consultation too much a waste of their time?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
mf4361 said:
People here usually don't suggest hiring immigration consultants and lawyers, as many have horror story dealing with them. At the end of the day, it is individual's decision whether to drop money on some advice.

BOWP only works after a full application is submitted and AOR issued, meaning s/he must have an ITA before that. Just being in the pool doesn't allow one to get OWP

For PGWP, the only way to extend work permit is to apply LMIA
ITA is not the final decision to extent work permit, while someone get ITA they can't extent work permit with ITA, after received ITA they have to apply for Fedaral immigration, hence the person receive file number then they will be able to apply for open work permit, meanwhile PGWP or any other WP has to be valid, if WP not valid, applicant has to leave Canada.Which means 3 months before expired WP, should prepair to extent it. Not like someone has 2 weeks , says after 2 weeks my WP experiang I didnt get ITA.

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
iceberge said:
ITA is not the final decision to extent work permit, while someone get ITA they can't extent work permit with ITA, after received ITA they have to apply for Fedaral immigration, hence the person receive file number then they will be able to apply for open work permit, meanwhile PGWP or any other WP has to be valid, if WP not valid, applicant has to leave Canada.Which means 3 months before expired WP, should prepair to extent it. Not like someone has 2 weeks , says after 2 weeks my WP experiang I didnt get ITA.
If your work permit is expiring in 4 months or less you can apply for a bridging open work permit if you have received an acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) from your application of FSWP, CEC, PNP, or FSTP. I don't think CIC has updated the information regarding BOWP and ITA but I don't see why it also wouldn't also apply since an ITA is like an AOR which is what mf4361 was getting at.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, you still need the AOR.
ITA's are issued electronically, a person doesn't actually look at your application until you submit your docs. AOR's are only issued after your application is considered complete and sent for further processing. You cannot apply for a bridging permit based on being given an invitation to apply as at that stage you haven't actually applied.

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
purplesnow said:
ITA's are issued electronically, a person doesn't actually look at your application until you submit your docs. AOR's are only issued after your application is considered complete and sent for further processing. You cannot apply for a bridging permit based on being given an invitation to apply as at that stage you haven't actually applied.
Oh right that's true, disregard what I said haha

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
purplesnow said:
That's absolutely correct. ITA has no other value except creating a priority system to decide who should be able to apply. It is AOR or equivalent depending upon if you applied for another program, that matters.

However, i would want to add that there have been cases where people had applied for CEC, hadn't received AOR, but expected it to be close, their work permits were expiring so they submitted application for BOWP and it got through. At that point in time, there was some internal memo at CIC (i think it was mentioned some where that i read, but forgot the source - albeit it wasn't an official source) which said you can submit BOWP and CIC would wait 2 months internally for AOR to be issued while the applicant continues on implied status. The applicant submitted proof of CEC's submitted application and dates along. So may be some thing similar is still possible.

At any rate you would need to have already put in your CEC application for some time for above to actually work and apply for BOWP.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well ... there is still another immigration program called PNP and it is normally benefit to International graduate who graduated from that Provence and continue to stay there to work ... therefore all I can say is don't complain about not get benefit from Express Entry and try to look for other ways that will benefit you

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system