IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Even though I have one a half year left on my PGWP, I'm positive that it means the end of Canadian dream for me.

We can whine all we want screaming and shouting that its not fair but its their call. Immigration is a privilege not a right

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m_dewan33 said:
Even though I have one a half year left on my PGWP, I'm positive that it means the end of Canadian dream for me.

We can whine all we want screaming and shouting that its not fair but its their call. Immigration is a privilege not a right
Stop it, guys :D We'll be fine, I'm positive. Should we create a watsup group for PGWP people and support each other while saying good buy to Canada? We can discuss the issues of coming back home from failed immigration and some advantages it gives us like now we don't have to cope with homesickness :D

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Heartbreaking especially for <400 points. Feel so excited and tensed during the whole month of January. Seems no chance even in the next few months as nominees & LMIA starts to fill. Those >400 <600 points could still have a chance... We now have to consider getting nominees soon or hopefully get a job offer (maybe JobBank can help us) if we want to keep our Canadian dream alive.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Have you tried PNP? I don't know about NL PNP if there is a student or existing permit stream

You never know, NL might roll out PNP - EE stream down the road. You still have 1.5 years, there is still plenty of time to prepare.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, lets discuss what we can do to improve the situation (potentially)

- someone offered in another thread to contact CIC in any form (email or better collective letter or through their Twitter account) and make them aware about PGWP situation

- let's discuss the possibility of getting LMIA or PNP. Which one is better/faster? What needs to be done? And most important how to approach your employer/supervisor and ask for it?

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
A.B.123 said:
Guys, lets discuss what we can do to improve the situation (potentially)

- someone offered in another thread to contact CIC in any form (email or better collective letter or through their Twitter account) and make them aware about PGWP situation

- let's discuss the possibility of getting LMIA or PNP. Which one is better/faster? What needs to be done? And most important how to approach your employer/supervisor and ask for it?
Exactly man. As a PGWP with PNP nomination; I am shafted on both ends. hahaha

But let's be realistic, they aren't gonna change shit. It is better to email them and make them aware though. But be very courteous and clear in the email.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Exactly man. As a PGWP with PNP nomination; I am shafted on both ends. hahaha

But let's be realistic, they aren't gonna change *censored word*. It is better to email them and make them aware though. But be very courteous and clear in the email.
How about we write a collective letter from PGWP holders and publish it somewhere like in a blog or something and then contact CIC through their twitter? :D

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
A.B.123 said:
How about we write a collective letter from PGWP holders and publish it somewhere like in a blog or something and then contact CIC through their twitter? :D
Nope. Send them emails. Not petitions or anything; but emails. I'll start a thread tomorrow.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Nope. Send them emails. Not petitions or anything; but emails. I'll start a thread tomorrow.
Why not? In my opinion emails are useless. But a collective letter (not a petition though, thats a different thing) will be more effective imo.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
EEKnowledge said:
CIC cannot do anything on its own. We have to do some kind of correspondence with the immigration minister.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, let's support each other. Working together gets result

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
m_dewan33 said:

Hey Dewan Bhai
Why feel so down?

Job match is coming soon, and you being inside Canada already can also try for LMIA based jobs.

Keep trying and have faith.