Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
se7en said:
m_dewan you might want to open whatsapp account. That would be good
Sure buddy. I'll do that firat thing tomorrow. Its past midnight here in NL right now

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
EEKnowledge said:
I'll draft a sample letter; run it by some friends; and lawyers; and start a thread tomorrow. Then we can send it to CIC.
Good idea. Keep us posted

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and guys if anyone is interested in a collective letter of some sort or anything, post your ideas here and we'll see if we can do it.

Evie Leonhart

Jan 31, 2015
A.B.123 said:
How about we write a collective letter from PGWP holders and publish it somewhere like in a blog or something and then contact CIC through their twitter? :D
If we need a blog or site, I can register a domain name and build one:)

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
A.B.123 said:
Why not? In my opinion emails are useless. But a collective letter (not a petition though, thats a different thing) will be more effective imo.
Separate emails register as separate complaints; while a letter will only be one complaint. Email will tell how many people are being affected and from what provinces and under what circumstances. We are not some kind of registered body who has power; that is when letter works; nobody will be receiving the letter from us.

Here, emails will work to CIC. Additionally, emails to immigration minister and phone calls to his office are going to work. If we want to build up some momentum and atleast have them answer our questions.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Ok guys. Drafted a letter; sent it to my lawyer friend; and let's get this thing going by tomorrow. I will get this working ASAP.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Evie Leonhart said:
If we need a blog or site, I can register a domain name and build one:)
Then you will take the heat if someone writes bad wording in an email. Don't undertake this responsibility at this stage; get PR and then do whatver. Let this forum be the rally point instead.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
EEKnowledge said:
Separate emails register as separate complaints; while a letter will only be one complaint. Email will tell how many people are being affected and from what provinces and under what circumstances. We are not some kind of registered body who has power; that is when letter works; nobody will be receiving the letter from us.

Here, emails will work to CIC. Additionally, emails to immigration minister and phone calls to his office are going to work. If we want to build up some momentum and atleast have them answer our questions.
Sorry to say...
None of this is going to work. They played by their rules. They don't want a Neuro surgeon driving cabs in Vancouver anymore.
Message is clear. Get a job and get in line.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
What is the "PGWP" situation that needs to be brought to CIC's attention?

It's been made abundantly clear that they are putting Canadians first, hence the requirement of an LMIA in order to gain 600 additional points.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:

Let's do both then. A letter is not a petition. It's not like we are going to demand a change of some sort. It's just that we'll describe our situation and ask for a piece of advice, like can we somehow improve our score and extend our work permits? Cause most of us have invested so much money in education and won a hard competition of getting a job, it's so miserable that we are going to loose all what we have worked for years. And see what they say. If they say "no", then be it so.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Sorry to say...
None of this is going to work. They played by their rules. They don't want a Neuro surgeon driving cabs in Vancouver anymore.
most of us have a job, have you read the thread :mad:

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
EEKnowledge said:
Ok guys. Drafted a letter; sent it to my lawyer friend; and let's get this thing going by tomorrow. I will get this working ASAP.
So how will it work? Are you gonna send an email or start a petition?
All PGWP holders should sign this letter as well so that they know about the supporters.

Evie Leonhart

Jan 31, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
Then you will take the heat if someone writes bad wording in an email. Don't undertake this responsibility at this stage; get PR and then do whatver. Let this forum be the rally point instead.
Thx...but I don't think they are gonna take this into consideration since now it's all about points, points and points. Is there any criteria would give me a minus point for "screw you Gov!"? I highly doubt it, lol.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
A.B.123 said:
most of us have a job, have you read the thread :mad:
By job, from their point of view, is that an employer has made enough attempt to hire someone locally and failed at that. As a last resort, the employer has employed you. Not the kind of jobs that we have that are "LMIA Exempt"..

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Maplemadness82 said:
Sorry to say...
Bro, most of us have good jobs and paying good amount of taxes.