+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goodbye to the Canadian dream

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Admission said:
Hi There, I just got my ITA - One of the 779 first draw candidates. I had already applied for the arranged employment application - Can i still use the same application fee or a new application fee will be paid, any suggestions.
You have to pay fees for new application under Express Entry and withdraw your 2014 application

Or You can deny the invitation and continue with 2014 application

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesycheese said:
As you may or probably not :D have read, I have been particularly shafted by the rule change between PR CEC 2014 application to EE PR application 2015. I've lived in Canada for 2.5 years on a TWP and my job actually involves me dealing with all Federal and Provincial Governments across Canada. As much as I like this sort of fighting talk, please take some advice from a man who knows. As amazing as a country Canada is to live in, this is the most paper-chasing bureaucratic Fed/Prov Govt I've ever dealt with so any sort of 'challenge' against their rules is a complete waste of time. Accept their rules and find a way to get as many points as you can. ;)
I've lived in Canada for 7 years, buddy :-[

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Granadoespada said:
My 419 score did not meet the 886 score, so now I'm free to spend my proof of funds
Your comment made me laugh :D Yeah, at least we can have fun now. Yet, I feel this is so unfair, I won the competition for my job with the Canadians and my boss is completely satisfied with the quality of my work. Originally for people like me, there was no requirement to get LMIA for some reason and now we are all suddenly screwed. Yeah, some people keep saying that Canada wants jobs for Canadians first and stuff like that. But I've been in Canada for 7 years and did my best to deserve the right to be here and who am I? a foreigner that can be dumped in any minute, that's how I feel. I think I'll wait for the second draw to see if the score goes down giving people like me a chance.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
do you know which countries accept high skilled immigrants who are well educated,experienced, without job offer?

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
do you know which countries accept high skilled immigrants who are well educated,experienced, without job offer?
oh, that depends on many factors: where are you from originally? what's your profession? what languages do you speak? where would you like to immigrate? etc. etc.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
clever said:
Australia!

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavingan said:
Hi, I'm curious why you didn't apply for the PR before?
Study permit --->work permit, I applied through EE as soon as I became eligible under CEC.

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
A.B.123 said:
Your comment made me laugh :D Yeah, at least we can have fun now. Yet, I feel this is so unfair, I won the competition for my job with the Canadians and my boss is completely satisfied with the quality of my work. Originally for people like me, there was no requirement to get LMIA for some reason and now we are all suddenly screwed. Yeah, some people keep saying that Canada wants jobs for Canadians first and stuff like that. But I've been in Canada for 7 years and did my best to deserve the right to be here and who am I? a foreigner that can be dumped in any minute, that's how I feel. I think I'll wait for the second draw to see if the score goes down giving people like me a chance.
Hey

I'm wAiting more than just two draws. Job offer folks will fill up the first couple I reckon. Then those without LMIA will get a chance I'm thinking. No need to give up yet!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
se7en said:
fkl, I agree with you have said. Only issue with PGWP holders are to get LMIA now while before they were LMIA exempt. Most of PGWP folks are working on high demand positions for which no Canadian citizens and PR were available. Why those companies hired PGWPs because these folks were LMIA exempt, they are trained for Canadian industry and easily available. Companies were not required to play any big role other than providing a job proof letter if these folks would want to apply for PR. Now the game is different and it relates straight to employers, if they want they could help these folks in getting LMIA to support their PR which in return would help the companies keeping stable the important positions or they wouldn't care and hire them for the time of their wps expiry and then hire another PGWP holder but it would be kind of weird while causing instability in their workforce.
Getting Canadian job and LMIA from abroad is a chance, people either get it or not and they wouldn't come on closed work permit if immigration doors were closed on them. Likewise, students come to this country on a purpose, they don't come to spend money just to get 3 years work permit and then go back.

I feel your pain. But i am quite hopeful this concern would be over once score gets down to that level (which i am pretty sure it will) and you guys (mostly those who score well without JOB offers out of 600) would be processed for PR too.

I believe the biggest back lash CIC has from Canadians is that of horror stories of people looking for jobs either long citizens or new PRs. They wish to eradicate that issue. But at the same time, if it is ONLY left to having a job offer, it has a lot of complexities, abuse and still some what not giving existing canadians priority.

People with LMO exempt jobs (not PGW permits) but rather already in specialized domains such as post docs are affected too.

I am just pretty confident that number of LMIAs/LMOs is far less than number of PRs. And LMO/LMIAs are only going to be harder. They already are - current LMIAs average processing times have already gone over 3 months - every for very skilled people.

So i don't think you guys have a lot to be worried about. But sure it is uncertainty until you get an ITA.

Also in the very unfortunate situations that we see for many people whose PGWPs are close to expiry and now they cannot apply for PR in time to get at least an AOR for BOWP.

But Canada has just started this process. I believe they are also going to recognize flaws in this and change those with time.

The express entry is modeled in some ways upon the way say Australia does it. I believe in a while it would much resemble the process to them. Just have patience and faith guys. All the very best.

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
Study permit --->work permit, I applied through EE as soon as I became eligible under CEC.
I see. But I missed applying last year due to my mistake... :( :(

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
fkl said:
And LMO/LMIAs are only going to be harder. They already are - current LMIAs average processing times have already gone over 3 months - every for very skilled people.
There were 6000 LMOs issued the previous year. The dip to 1200 was recent; so maybe there will be more LMIAs issued this year considering the EE.
LMIA processing time for PR is 10 days. CIC has repeatedly emphasized this.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
EEKnowledge said:
There were 6000 LMOs issued the previous year. The dip to 1200 was recent; so maybe there will be more LMIAs issued this year considering the EE.
LMIA processing time for PR is 10 days. CIC has repeatedly emphasized this.
The LMIA you are talking about (issued in 10 days) are those that are issued AFTER getting ITAs at which point the score is irrelevant. Those are LMIA's obtained for people already at some advanced stage of EE.

Read through LMIA experiences all over Canada on this same forum for the last few months. Highly skilled positions are taking more than 3 months. Average is close to six months and there are lots of refusals.

The one very small percentage of expedited LMIA's for positions in urgent needs have much tighter requirements. Very high wages (above 50 CAD per hour or higher) among others.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
A.B.123 said:
there is psychological difficulties and a lot of pressure on me too in this situation. I work in a company of 2 full time employees (me and my boss). first of all, my boss doesn't like to spend money to a point where a piece of paper wasted by mistake upsets him. And here he'll have to unexpectedly spend a grand or more and what for? That wasn't the part of the original arrangement since before hiring me, the Office of Multicultural Affairs reassured him that he didn't have to get LMIA since I had an "open" work permit (!!!). I can only imagine how upset he gets after I tell him this. Secondly, he doesn't like change to a point where he never travels or renovates his house etc. and if he does, he has to ask a million questions and plan everything 18 months ahead. I can only imagine the stress he gets into when I tell him this. Thirdly, his family helped me a lot when I had to move from another province, I stayed in their house for free for a month, for example. And he said to someone that he is sponsoring me to Canada, making me feel like I owe him. Now imagine if I ask for this stupid LMIA, oh, that would be such pain in the a///:mad: and to crown it all, we are going to be just super busy in feb. :( like that LMIA is no way possible in feb. :(
One thing to note is if the company only has 2 employees, it might not qualify for an LMIA, don't quote me but I vaguely remember reading something about the various requirements a company has to satisfy before they are eligible to apply for an LMIA.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
One thing to note is if the company only has 2 employees, it might not qualify for an LMIA, don't quote me but I vaguely remember reading something about the various requirements a company has to satisfy before they are eligible to apply for an LMIA.
yeah, you might be right cause to qualify for pnp in my province, an employer should be a company with a minimum of 3 full time employees. Anyways, looks like neither pnp nor lmia is an option for me in this situation, I can only hope they'll have a specific CEC draw in the near future and I'll get an invitation. Otherwise, it's time to go home.