+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News (we think)

LCS

May 5, 2005
Graeme said:
I thought I would bring this thread back alive,

wife finially received her passport request today.

Graeme
That's at least a sign that things are inching forward. Good luck.

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
The long and arduous wait is over as my wife received her passport and visa today.
Graeme, you should be all cleared up next week if our times are a valid indicator.
Mike

LCS

May 5, 2005
mikeandlana said:
The long and arduous wait is over as my wife received her passport and visa today.
Graeme, you should be all cleared up next week if our times are a valid indicator.
Mike
How long has that been for both you and Graeme since the passports were turned in and awaiting PR visa?
thanks

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
hey guys!

i have processed the same for my father as the principal applicant with my mom as the petitioner...its a family sponsorship and i think the processing time here in our country (Philippines) is just too long.

im kinda jealous with you guys..hopefully i hear some good news for us too!

good luck!

Phan

May 29, 2008
Hi,

I am still waiting but trying to prepare for what CIC Singapore might ask for next. Has anyone out there ever had an interview from Singapore Office.

Catrina,

Thanks for your replies. What country are you in? Did you end up using FedEx or what did you do for the PO box issue?
I'm in Vietnam and cannot trust the regular post system at all.

Thanks and Congrats to all the lucky ones!

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Phan,
My wife just had her application processed through Singapore, she is Thai. I've been watching the posts here regularly and have not heard of anyone being interviewed by Singapore. We, too, were wondering about an interview but it was not requested. Unless your situation has some unusual circumstances, I don't think that you will be required to have an interview. Of course, I can only say that based upon our own experience.
Good luck
Mike

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Phan,

I'm from Indonesia, and I agree with Mike, I am following 2 forums myself, and haven't heard of anyone requested for an interview at the Singapore office. Dont worry, if you don't have wierd situations, I think it's just the waiting issue :)

I ended up using Fedex addressed to their office, they received it no problem. Just had the passport request last week, and hopefully will get it in a couple of weeks.

Good luck...

Catarina

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi!

I received my passport back today! pretty happy that all the waiting part is over...

I want to thank you all for helping me in answering my questions. wish you all the best...

Regards,

Catarina

My wife got her passport back today aswell. She's coming here on july 15th. (took one week for return)

some info:

*If you are a PR or your spouse, make sure you try to avoid going through the US, if you stop there you will need a visa; even if you have a connecting flight*.

unless your native country is not on their hitlist.

Graeme

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Wife landed this evening.
Immigration took around two minutes.
Queue time was less than those holding Canadian passports.
Cheers to all for support and information.

Good luck and take care,
Mike

Phan

May 29, 2008
Thanks for all your replies. It is good to hear most of you are getting on with it!! =) Congrats!

I emailed Singapore with a word document containing more pics that we just got back of the wedding. On the case specific inquiry form there was an option to upload an attachment so I did. I asked about the interview and if I should send more photos.

How long do they usually take to reply to email?

Cheers,

Phan

Phan

May 29, 2008
I sent the email yesterday but then today we got a letter in the mail asking for police certs.

The problem is that we have already sent two original certs with the application. Now I am not sure if they lost them or if they wanted something other than what we sent, or they just want it again for some reason. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Also, does this request mean we are near the end of the process?

Also, you may have already posted it but can someone please give me the address for the office because they sent a PO Box address and I really want to use Fed-Ex ? (Catrina I think you used the office and Fed Ex right?)

Cheers,

Phan

I will email again and risk pissing them off I guess