+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News (we think)

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Awesome this thread is living up to its title so far.

Graeme I wish you all the best and luck man, Im cheering for you, hopefully you resolve the medical
results soon and join us in celebration.

hootch

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
i just like to say grats to everone on this forum and wish all of you the best.

i have not heard anything from singopore since i email them but my case started about 2 mounths after all of yours did. so lets all hope i can join you all in your celebration soon:)
also i am going to cambodia to see my wife in june and july should i send copies of my air ticket and recipes of when i send money to her also to the visa office. will that help at all?

lets keep this thread going as long as possible. it nice to know where i stand

take care all

zeek

I though I would add to this, now that I finially have good news

Dear sponsor,

As per previous communication, no interview.

We are ready to issue visa, we just got the medical clearance.

You wife will receive a letter of final instructions in 2-3 weeks.

Visa Section

fuckin eh

Graeme

LCS

May 5, 2005
That's great news Graeme, getting closer...but we have been in the same final stage since they've had all my husband's renewed info. complete as of April 1. On trackitt most visas seemed to be issued on average in 3-4 weeks, maybe 5 (for Spouses) after all the info and passport is turned over. We're at 7 1/2 now.
Can I ask you to clarify what you said they replied with? I take it you made an enquiry, and they actually told you they were ready to issue your wife's visa? What do they mean by final instructions in 2-3 weeks? It seems that's not to say the actual visa will be issued then? I wonder what 'final instructions' mean. thx

LCS,

All I asked them was if my wife required an interview, and I got that answer.

As for final Instructions, no idea. Mikeandlana told me they could be requesting a police certificate along some other info, that seemed to be for a background check; I already sent that info with my sponsorship. Or maybe its the Passport request ----- which I hoping for.

Do they actually send her the instructions? or to me, her representative? ---they have always sent me letters, nothing to her.

Good luck to everyone, keep posting.

Graeme

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Well my wife got her passport back with visa (for 3 months) and PR letter (when it is folded it is A4 size)
she got it on 22 May (about 10 days after she send it)

It looks like they will finalize the rest when she lands in Canada.
Will keep you informed guys.

We are happy now :)

hootch

Phan

May 29, 2008
Hi!

I am sponsoring my husband from Vietnam. Singapore Visa office has had the application since the end of April.

I understand from your posts that they don't send a letter to say that they received it???

I know our process has just begun but I figured this ("good news") thread was a lucky (we are thinking positive) and informative place to start!

Many people seem to have had the interview waived. Has anyone had an interview? Where could I look for more information about the interview?

Do any of the good news couples have a language barrier? My husband and I do not speak the same/each others language and I am worried CIC might not understand that.

One more question. If the Visa is for 3 months, does that mean they have to enter Canada within 3 months? What if they don't?

Thanks and congrats,

B Phan

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hootch,

I have a question for you,

I'm ready to send my additional document requested by the visa office in Singapore. I noticed that they sent the request from the Visa Section with the PO BOX address, which I can't use a courier service like Fedex. do you think I can send it to their office address? I have an original document that I don't think I should send it through a regular mail service.

have you ever sent anything to them? which address did you use?

thank you very much,

Catarina

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Phan,

I will try my best to help you with my answers.

I understand from your posts that they don't send a letter to say that they received it???

For some visa office they do not bother with sending letter saying that they have received your file because the Time Frame is to short for family category.

Many people seem to have had the interview waived. Has anyone had an interview? Where could I look for more information about the interview?

you can try to search for "interview" in this forum (i've done it before, and it's been very useful to gather some ideas about what they gonna ask)

Do any of the good news couples have a language barrier? My husband and I do not speak the same/each others language and I am worried CIC might not understand that.

they basically just trying to find out that your marriage is genuine, as long as you have genuine proof that you were maintaining the relationship well, I don't think you would have any problems.

One more question. If the Visa is for 3 months, does that mean they have to enter Canada within 3 months? What if they don't?

I don't think I have the answer for this, will let you know again when I have. sorry.

hope it helps,

catarina

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello to all,

Sorry I have not been on here in a while.

Hootch, excellent news pal, CONGRATS.You can now focus on life back in Canada, all the best!!!!

Catrina regarding sending your documents to Singapore, You have to send them to the address with the PO Box, I know FEDEX wont send to that address. You can send them using UPS or EMS they will give you a tracking number so you can monitor progress as well. We sent ours using UPS and it arrived in five working days. Good luck!!

We are still waiting for the “requesting passport” letter, hope it arrives soon!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Until next time…
FC

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Hi Catarina

We never had to send any additional documents to them so I really wouldn't know true answer to that.
When my wife send her passport it was a regular address they gave us.

I used to work in the mail room here in Canada for 4 years and we never send to PO box by any currier
cause they would never take it.

But fingercrossed says that he send it by UPS, so I guess it can be done over there,
best advice I can give you is to call UPS or any other currier and ask.

My wife has arrived to Canada 2 days ago and we are very happy now.

I truly wish you all the luck please dont forget to pray that was a big help for us.

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hootch, that's really great that your wife has arrived. I wish you two all the best....

I have sent the document yesterday using Fedex, and I sent the embassy an email for that. I hope it went through. Fingercross, I did ask a few different courier service, nothing is available here, and I don;t really want to risk it by sending it through regular mail service since I have an original document inside :(

we'll see, I hope it's not a problem.

Thanks for your replies though,

Catarina

LCS

May 5, 2005
Congratulations Hootch,

Great news that the USELESS CIC system came through for you.
All the best.