+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News (we think)

Phan

May 29, 2008
Hello again,

Sorry to dominate the posts these days but I am very confused now.

Response from Singapore (very quick response time):

We do not need further documents as of now.

Immigration Section
Singapore

That's it???? So should I trust this hasty response and ignore the document request letter??? I just wish they would have elaborated. Do these people speak English well? Something like: "We have the police certs and they are fine please ignore the request" would have been alot better.

LCS or others, should I trust this???

Thanks,

Phan

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
Hi again

just got back from visting my wife in cambodia with some news. before i left i decided to email singapore to tell them that i was going to cambodia to visit the wife and ask where the case stands.

when i was there singapore email me back saying, Case is still under review and will advise when a decision has been made. Immigration Section
Singapore. by the way it toke them 3 days to reply to my email.

two days after i get back to canada my wife gets mail from singapore and this is what it said.

you are on our interview list. our next contact with you will be to advise you of the time, date and location of your interview. please wait to hear from us.

wounder why my wife needs a interview it worries me. has anyone ever gotten a letter like this and does anyone know when singapore will tell us when that interview will take place.

thanks zeek

fleuve

Jul 12, 2008
Hi Zeek,

I'm also sponsoring my wife from Cambodia. Singapore started processing our application on May 15. No news since then. I emailed the Singapore office more than a week ago, asking a very simple question, but they didn't reply. Reading that your wife has to go through an interview is worrying me. I heard that slows down the process by 3 to 4 months.

If you don't mind, I would appreciate if you could give me some information about your case. What is the date on the letter that your wife received? And do they give information on what she sould bring for the interview? What is your story with your wife and what did you put in your application (for how long did you know each other berfore getting married, what documents did you join to proof your relationship, etc.)?

I met my wife 2 months before we got married. So, I met her at the end of a first trip to Cambodia (we got engaged at this time) and went back for the wedding. I started the sponsorship and the immigration process immediately after my return to Canada. I joined pictures of the engagement and the wedding ceremony and also of our honeymoon trip (in Hong Kong). I joined also a lot of emails and phone bills. I heard that when the relationship hasn't been going on for a substantial period of time, even if the applicants are married, the immigration officer can have some doubts about the genuiness of the relationship. So he's or she's conducting an interview to check that. But, on the other side, I've never heard people from Cambodia having to go through an interview (my wife neither).

Thanks for the information.

fleuve

Jul 12, 2008
Phan said:
I sent the email yesterday but then today we got a letter in the mail asking for police certs.

The problem is that we have already sent two original certs with the application. Now I am not sure if they lost them or if they wanted something other than what we sent, or they just want it again for some reason. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Also, does this request mean we are near the end of the process?

Also, you may have already posted it but can someone please give me the address for the office because they sent a PO Box address and I really want to use Fed-Ex ? (Catrina I think you used the office and Fed Ex right?)

Cheers,

Phan

I will email again and risk pissing them off I guess
Hi Phan,

It looks like the officers from the Singapore office are mixed up! I don't know with the police certificates, but my wife had to send something to Singapore. She used DHL and sent it to the following address:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
One George Street, 11-01
Singapore 049145

It took only one day from Cambodia. Hope that will help you and that's the only thing missing before they can issue your husband his visa. Good luck!

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
hi

fleuve

i left you a message in your inbox, can you please reply to it when you can and tell me what you think about it

thanks
zeek

Phan

May 29, 2008
I am not sure if people are still following this thread but I am really upset now.

We got the request for a police cert. I emailed to ask what exactly they wanted because we had already sent two police certs (one from each province my husband has lived in in Vietnam) with the application. They replied to my email "We do not need further documents as of now."

A month later we have heard nothing so I emailed again asking what was gonna happen next. Then they reply that they are still waiting for "a proper police certificate".

This is so unfair. Now we have been delayed for more than a month because someone sent me the wrong information and because they cannot seem to explain what exactly they want. I still have no idea what was wrong with the documents we sent or what it is exactly they want. Two separate offices here issued nearly identical documents saying good citizenship and no criminal record.

I have emailed to ask once again but am losing faith!!

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Phan,

just want to share, I had similar replies from the embassy, that's why in the end the forum is the one that helps the most.

Just double check on the document that you sent, make sure that you have translated everything into english, and most of the police cert has expiry dates, just replace it with a new one and send them off if that's the case. The most important thing is you have to make sure that you provide the right police cert, according to the history information from the spesific form, make sure it matches.

It's a hardwork dealing with them, as they have thousands of file to look at every single day....

hope it helps.

Catarina

Phan

May 29, 2008
Thanks everyone for all your comments and help!!

My husband was approved for his Visa and I am waiting for him in Canada now. :)