+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News (we think)

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Graeme

It took about 2 weeks for the passport to come back to my wife with visa.
I told her to send it by courier and also told her to request from them to send it back by courier.
They give you that option.

Thank you all for congratulations and I truly wish you all to process your application as soon as possible

Hootch

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hey guys,
Just an update... Singapore emailed today to inform that they have sent a letter out requesting passport and that it will take 2 weeks for them to return upon receipt of that passport.
mike

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Mike,

Congratz for the good news.

just curious, they emailed the Sponsor or the Applicant?

Thanks

Catarina

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Catarina,
I emailed Singapore and asked them how the time line for the remainder of the process. They emailed back a day later telling me that they just sent a letter to my wife requesting her passport. And that it will take two weeks to get it back to her once they receive it.
Take care,
Mike

LCS

May 5, 2005
Mike,
You ACTUALLY were given a timeline by a CIC office to expect only a couple of more weeks?? I have NEVER heard of them being that open about a committed timeframe. UNBELIEVABLE, but good for you!
I have been allowing for MORE THAN sufficient timelines to pass before contacting the Lima Embassy, and have been thankful and appreciative when they gave me info. and I don't feel I've been excessive in the amount of times I've asked for info., only after WAY TOO MUCH reasonable time has passed. But I am probably now like you and they are not paying any attention to me.
I'm completely convinced they are disorganized from within. In mid April they told me they had my husbands' renewed passport but were awaiting his medical. In a panic I wrote back to say it was done in early Feb and the doctor assured my husband it had been sent, they should have received it BY mid Feb. They then corrected themselves and said yes, they had everything and it had been passed on to an officer for the "final evalution".
All updated/renewed docs in their hands Apr 1, already in final evaluation by mid April, and here we are on June 12 NOTHING yet. Your 'couple of weeks' is nice, very nice. Let us know when it happens.

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Guys,
I emailed Singapore to get a time line because I am going to Thailand in a few weeks. I wanted to be able to plan an itinerary as when I am there my wife and I want to travel to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat. Of course, she will be unable to travel if Singapore has her passport. It was very nice of the people in Singapore to pass along that information. I have found them to be very accommodating with requests for information. But I am always sure to include a very valid reason for the inquiry and don't email them unnecessarily.
LCS, it must be very frustrating for you and your situation with Lima. I'm sure that like any foreign office that some have better reputations than others.
Graeme, my wife also has not received final instructions but they said that the instructions are now on route. So, probably within a week she should receive them. Since we are this far we no longer have any of the stresses waiting as we confident that everything will be completed so that we can travel back to Canada together after a little sojourn in Asia.
Good luck everyone,
Mike

Mike,

you make me jealous; passport request, and your going to Thailand to see your wife. (And then you can come back here together). No more goodbyes and that long trip home alone.

very very jealous, I hate you.......j/k lol

I'm happy for both of you, congrats

Graeme

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Graeme,
I had assumed that your wife would receive final instructions before we would. It should arrive next week. We all put in our time here, mate. My wife left Canada in October to start the process from Thailand due to problems with her birth certificate. We originally banked on 3-4 months, ha!
You'd think they'd give you military boys a little bump up the line. But I guess that isn't the case.
Thanks and good luck,
Mike

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
mike and lana,

congratz...congratz, hope you have a good time in thailand, and have a safe journey back to Canada....

Regards,

Catarina

funny how alot of people think being in the army will help me out. I seriously doubt it.

I think the only thing that helps people out is being Canadian citizens. (easier for security checks and other things). But I'm no expert.

I still can't figure out why SPORE is so anal about answering simple questions. (My wife changed her address recently, and they wont confirm which address they sent it too, and when. Or if she requires a updated Police check).

I'm hoping the original PC is valid, and SPORE is sending the passport request.

just playing the waiting game.

Graeme

catarina

Sep 22, 2007
Dear all,

I finally received a request letter for my passport, and ready to send it.

I have a question, if I choose to have it sent back to me using a Courier service(as one of the options from the Visa Office), do I have to arrange it from here? meaning that I have to pay the return envelope through a courier service here or they will take care of it?

Thanks,

catarina