+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News (we think)

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello to All.

Good news (we think).
My wife and I emailed CIC Singapore yesterday just to make sure everything was on-track with our application.
They sent us the following information.

“Your sponsorship application was received by this office from CPC/Miss. in the week of 6Feb08. The screener reviewed the case in mid Mar and the officer in Singapore office made a decision to waive the interview in mid Apr. A request letter was sent to the listed Thai address in the application on 28Apr for additional info. Please submit the requested documents ASAP in order for us to finalize the case.
Thank you
CANADA VISA
Canadian High Commission, Singapore.

Sounds good, ya?? Has anybody else received a similar email??? The letter they sent via the mail has yet to arrive. Any ideas of what the additional information is?
PMM would love to hear your thoughts on our situation.

Thanks in advance!!
FC

zeek

Apr 27, 2008
that sounds like great news glad to hear it. i just email the same visa office yesterday also so maybe i will hear something soon i will let you know.

i think what they want is your wifes passport to get visa stamp if the mail is for your wife and not you which is a good thing.

keep us posted

good luck

If yours finishes before mine, I will hate you......j/k lol

Sounds likes great news, must be a real morale booster. I'm quite jealous.

I sent Singapore an e-mail today about my situation, and to see how far and long they are from finalizing the case; hopefully I will have a message similar to yours.

More good luck

Graeme

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
This sounds like a good news I wish you all the best,
I was thinking to email them too, but im not good in wording
could you please help in that matter, also what email address did you email them?

hootch

go to www.cic.gc.ca, then go to 'find a CIC office' on the right hand side of the screen, then choose what type of visa it is and whether your case is processing in Canada or out, click on one of the links and then you get a list on regional processing centers - (for outside offices). The Processing center should have a list of contact information and a status inquiry link. From there you just type in the required fields.

Don't worry about your writing just make it clear and precise as possible, so they answer your questions fully.

Hope this helps,

Graeme

Fingerscrossed heres my message:

As advise by our medical section, our office do not have any records of your wife's medical examination. We strongly advise her to undergo a new medical examination to get a new validity date.

Thank you
CANADA VISA

CIC Singapore STAMPED THE F****** MEDICAL FORM AND DATED IT. and their using the same file number as the medical form they returned to me.

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
I dont understand how can they not have ur wifes medical records, she already did the medical checkup, did she?
this is really confusing

hootch

yeah she did in October. From one of the specified doctors in Bangkok. But for whatever reason, they sent them back - *without instructions* to do anything about the medical form.

But they did send me instructions about getting new passport photos done.

And then today I got that message.

I'm thinking they didn't like the original photos for the medical form, so they just tossed it the mail all the way to Canada with vague instructions.

Anyways, my wife got a new medical check up and the photos done, and they were sent to Singapore on April 29. So I will check in the next few days to see if they arrived.

I'll keep you guys posted,

Pissed off Graeme

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
I got this answer:

RE: B052634374

A Provision of Visa letter already sent your spouse on 30Apr08. Please discuss the matter with her.

Thank you
CANADA VISA

What does it mean???

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
Wow guys, I just talked to my wife, she got all the paper work to finalize the visa.
These are some forms she needs to fill out and also immigration office requested her passport, I think this is it for us.

We are so happy now, finally thanks GOD we are to be together again, it was a long time waiting.
I will keep you updated

I wish you all the same.

hootch

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
We got married on 20 August 2007 in Jakarta, and tried (unsuccessfully) to bring my wife on tourist visa
so we lost about 2 months there.

Applied for PR on............... .07 November 2007
Sponsorship approved............05 December 2007
Process started in Singapore .. 13 December 2007
Paperwork for visa send.......... 30 April 2008
Paperwork for visa arrived........07 May 2008

Now my wife has to fill this form and send the passport to Singapore for them to finalize the visa.
I don't know how long will that take.

hootch

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
You rock fingers!!!
Its great to hear that you didn't need an interview.
Hopefully, my wife will have the same success.
Graeme, sounds like you've gotten screwed over. Perhaps I'll be in the same boat.
Mike

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Sorry for the late reply guys, I have been out of town for a few days.

Hootch, great news!! Congrats. Let me know how everything works out with the payment.

Graeme, man that isn’t good……
The only thing I can think of is this; after the medical exam the Dr. has to send the first copy of the form to CIC Singapore, and then you send the second copy with your application to CIC Miss. Maybe there was a problem with the original (the one the Dr. sent) Maybe CIC Sing. didn’t receive it, and the copy they sent you was the second copy!? Can you check and see if the document they sent back is the top (original copy) Good luck mate!!!

We still haven’t received our letter in the mail, keeping a close eye on it and will fill you in on the details as they unfold.

Until next time
FC

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hey gents,
Singapore responded today that our interview was waived and that my wife's medical forms don't expire until October(1 year) and don't need to be redone. All that's outstanding is a Thai police certificate which we'll submit this week. So all is well here.
Hopefully, Graeme will hear some good news as well.

I'll still be heading to Bangkok for 6 weeks in mid June, if anyone wants to link up for a beer just let me know!

Mike