+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good morning everyone! I’m happy cause I got accepted as a protected person Since January 26, 2018.

Jul 17, 2018
Good morning or night everyone! I’m happy cause I got accepted as a protected person Since January 26, 2018. And then I did send my application for my PR on May 22,2018. My question is
I would like to know how will it take to get a notification from them?

Halaks

Jul 16, 2018
Good morning or night everyone! I’m happy cause I got accepted as a protected person Since January 26, 2018. And then I did send my application for my PR on May 22,2018. My question is
Hi,
Please I would like to know the kind of questions and your response to the questions when you were doing your eligibility interview. I want hints, like what you told the interviewer as the reason why you need Canada's protection so that I can prepare very well for mine too when I get to Canada. Please kindly share your experience with me.
Thank you.

Last edited:

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
Hello everybody

I came to Canada with the family (Wife and two daughters) Refugee Protection Claimant status
My initial claim is refuged and applied for an appeal
We are really under stress thinking about our future
I and my wife are working and paying taxes and filed a tax return for the year 2017
My two daughters are studying in Mississauga
Kindly advise me how to know my status and how long it will take to get a decision on appeal
Thanks a lot and god bless you

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
They will send you an email letter confirming that they have received your application if there was nothing wrong with it and complete. It will be sent to the email you included in the application when you submitted it.

This may take 4-6 months.

Good luck

durraniabii

Jun 22, 2017
Can u help me please i m also in Canada

Soul18

Aug 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to know if Protection in Person can work in Canada? If Yes , then how long it take to get work permit .

Please Reply

Soul18

Aug 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to know if Protection in Person can work in Canada? If Yes , then how long it take to get work permit .

Please Reply

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
Yes

You can apply for Work Permit and no charges are applicable to you as long as your case is under review
You may apply online OR some voluntary organizations will assist you to do so
If applied online it will take around 2weeks OR if applied physical documents, may take 3-4 weeks to receive
Once your case is rejected and make an appeal, then you may have to pay charges approx 155 CAD
Hope this clarifies

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes

You can apply for Work Permit and no charges are applicable to you as long as your case is under review
You may apply online OR some voluntary organizations will assist you to do so
If applied online it will take around 2weeks OR if applied physical documents, may take 3-4 weeks to receive
Once your case is rejected and make an appeal, then you may have to pay charges approx 155 CAD
Hope this clarifies
Suspect it is taking longer than 2 weeks due to thee increased volume of applicants.

Soul18

Aug 11, 2018
Thanks for your clarification.. One more query , Can I travel to my country (in case of any family emergency) after filing under this category. My Family is not applying for Canada as of now

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thanks for your clarification.. One more query , Can I travel to my country (in case of any family emergency) after filing under this category. My Family is not applying for Canada as of now
You can not travel back to your country because you are protected person

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
1-would you guys please someone tell me what kind of questions asked in hearing?just highlights!
2-will it necessary to cancel the welfare and start working?will it influence the decision on hearing?