+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Given name in IELTS TRF mismatches that of passport. Please advice.

Truc Dau

Feb 18, 2021
Make a "Same person Affidavit".
You can make this in embassy (of your nationality) and also take a True Copy stamp on copies of both Passport and Resident card.
It cost me around 17 OMR for the same.
Hi, how can I make a "same person Affidavit" in toronto, Canada? At this moment, I cant go back to my country to make it? Thanks

mukthar7702

Nov 2, 2020
Hi, how can I make a "same person Affidavit" in toronto, Canada? At this moment, I cant go back to my country to make it? Thanks
Hi Truc,
I not sure how the procedures are in Canada but I advise you to visit your embassy (country of nationality) and enquire about it. As this is the common documents these days, I hope they will guide you even if they don't produce it.

Blazikaran

May 15, 2021
Thanks @jackdawn for your reply. I will check with IDP if they can re-issue TRF with updated given name.

I thought it won't cause a great deal of problem as my first name and last name is correct.
Hello!
I am facing the exact same problem! Can you tell me if you figured it out? How did you do it?

Oct 16, 2021
I have a similar problem. My full name on the passport is AFTAB TANVEER but it came as AFTAB TAVEER in the IELTS TRF . "N" is missing . I don't have enough time to write the exam again and wait for the result. What can I do to avoid problems in visa filing and immigration.
Please help me out.

Oct 19, 2021
Hello People,

I have a similar question. I do not use my last name on my passport and all other documents but my TRF has my Family name. I asked IDP authority to change the same and issue me a new TRF but they denied the request.
I want to know if I use the same TRF then will it cause any issue in my VISA process if I get an affidavit made regarding the same.
And has affidavit worked for any of you ? If YES please can you share what all is required to be included in affidavit and during visa will they ask regarding the same?
Please it would be a great help to me.

Thanks
Bikram

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Hello People,

I have a similar question. I do not use my last name on my passport and all other documents but my TRF has my Family name. I asked IDP authority to change the same and issue me a new TRF but they denied the request.
I want to know if I use the same TRF then will it cause any issue in my VISA process if I get an affidavit made regarding the same.
And has affidavit worked for any of you ? If YES please can you share what all is required to be included in affidavit and during visa will they ask regarding the same?
Please it would be a great help to me.

Thanks
Bikram
Did it created any issue

Oct 19, 2021
Did it created any issue
Actually not
Initially I got a Affidavit made regarding my case about correction in family name and mailed it to the IELTS customer care.
I also visited a nearby IDP Centre and explained my case. They told me to attach the Affidavit with the mail. I did the same and got a new TRF from IELTS in 2-3 weeks

Nickkkk

Jan 8, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New delhi
Actually not
Initially I got a Affidavit made regarding my case about correction in family name and mailed it to the IELTS customer care.
I also visited a nearby IDP Centre and explained my case. They told me to attach the Affidavit with the mail. I did the same and got a new TRF from IELTS in 2-3 weeks
But i have already applied for the visa.. And submitted all documents.. Will i get banned for this

Manjeshh

Mar 4, 2022
Actually not

Hello there, I'm facing the same issue right now. May i know the details that you've included in your affidavit? And is 50₹ stamp paper enough for this?

pritpatel005

Sep 14, 2022
Hello people,
I have a quick question regarding the naming format. Let's say my name is N1 and my father's name is N2 and Surname is N3. Given name in my passport is N1+N2 and Surname is N3.

Now, my IELTS TRF shows my first name as N1 and surname as N3. There is no mention of my father's name as I only filled my first and last name while registering for exam.
Will this cause any problem during my application processing?
PS. I'm sitting at 415 and haven't received my ITA yet.
Dear,
My name is Pritesh and the same problem I have faced, how to solved you that issue, can you please guide me.??

pritpatel005

Sep 14, 2022
Hello there, I'm facing the same issue right now. May i know the details that you've included in your affidavit? And is 50₹ stamp paper enough for this?
Hello Manjesh, Have you corrected name on TRF by affidavit or not, I have same issue, so need you guidance