Gic funds not accepted

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Seriously?? 45000 less?? That's not fair broo!! It is hard earned money of my dad , this is unjust :( , anyway , my bank told me today that we will revert 10200 CAD as it is to Scotiabank again with updated address..

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
Seriously?? 45000 less?? That's not fair broo!! It is hard earned money of my dad , this is unjust :( , anyway , my bank told me today that we will revert 10200 CAD as it is to Scotiabank again with updated address..
Yes, this is ..and the reason was i waited for the funds and didn't contacted my bank because when i called scotia bank they didn't ask me to contact bank immediately and when i contacted bank they said that as it's more than 10 days so they have to get money back in my account ( considering current rate) otherwise they just have sent the updated address which avoids such kind of loss. So i guess as u hv contacted bank just the next day ...that's why they jjust gonna sent those 10200 dollars again with revised swift with updated address and hence..no need to convert them into indian currency.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
It was such a releif to hear that bro.. thanks a lot.. and i am really sorry for your loss of 45000... I hope i get my gic soon ... Have you applied for visa?

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
It was such a releif to hear that bro.. thanks a lot.. and i am really sorry for your loss of 45000... I hope i get my gic soon ... Have you applied for visa?
Yeah..Don't worry and best of luck.

No.. not yet, I'm waiting for mail from scotia bank. Else my file and everything is ready.

navnatt

Jun 21, 2018
Same happened with me . You need to contact the manager and ask them where your money . In my case , my bank got money in 4 working days . They told me that my money is at head office in Canadian dollars . I was given choice either to get them converted to indian rupee to deposit in my account or send them again . My bank was punjab and sind bank .
Hello, same happened with me my gic was not accepted due to address mismatch. I submitted on june 11th and got email on 15 but till time, my funds are not received..
I visited my bank many times manager says that we've not received any funds yet. what should I do.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Hello, same happened with me my gic was not accepted due to address mismatch. I submitted on june 11th and got email on 15 but till time, my funds are not received..
I visited my bank many times manager says that we've not received any funds yet. what should I do.
I am in the same situation bro , i got my gic rejected on 20th but as Joban said above , i am also given two choices , whether to send money back as it is without refunding to my account with updated address or whether to wait for a refund or send a completely new wire payment which will give me high loss of money. Were you not given the option to revert back the payment with updated address?

navnatt

Jun 21, 2018
I am in the same situation bro , i got my gic rejected on 20th but as Joban said above , i am also given two choices , whether to send money back as it is without refunding to my account with updated address or whether to wait for a refund or send a completely new wire payment which will give me high loss of money. Were you not given the option to revert back the payment with updated address?
ok, have you sent gic again after not accepted

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
Ask them to track the same wire transfer which they did.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
No , i have not sent again , i asked the bank to revert it from wherever it is to Scotiabank again with updated address. They said it will take 4-5 business days . Waiting for a confirmation from scotiabank now , i guess i will get it by 26th and GIC Certificate by 28 or 29th

navnatt

Jun 21, 2018
Ask them to track the same wire transfer which they did.
i did, bank manager said that you have to wait for funds to arrive india as now we are unable to see funds and after that you have two option to resend that without converting into INR. or convert and resend.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Then ask them them to send without converting , you will loose a lot of money , about 40000 , as one more friend of ours has mentioned above in this thread.. say them to track and revert it as soon as possible.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
What did the manager say? Did he said that you have to wait for money to get to india before we can revert ? Or they will revert it from wherever it is? Did he give you any approximate time for this process?

navnatt

Jun 21, 2018
Then ask them them to send without converting , you will loose a lot of money , about 40000 , as one more friend of ours has mentioned above in this thread.. say them to track and revert it as soon as possible.
yes, icici tolde me if i convert and resend that amout i will loss 25k.