+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic funds not accepted

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
Hello! I did wire transfer on 18th may for my gic account and got mail after 3 days showing 'funds not accepted as the address doesn't match our records.' Then i came to know that address in the passport and in the bank has to be the same which was not in my case so i get it changed. but now its about 11 days i have been waiting for those funds to get back. I called scotia bank but they say that funds have already been sent so u will get in 5 7 days. It's delaying my file processing because only gic is left else all is done. Does anyone know how much time it takes for funds to get back and whether it gonna affect my visa processing or not as mine is September intake and i want my visa by the end of july atleast .

Reactions: Shiva99

Joban52

Jan 19, 2018
Same happened with me . You need to contact the manager and ask them where your money . In my case , my bank got money in 4 working days . They told me that my money is at head office in Canadian dollars . I was given choice either to get them converted to indian rupee to deposit in my account or send them again . My bank was punjab and sind bank .

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
Same happened with me . You need to contact the manager and ask them where your money . In my case , my bank got money in 4 working days . They told me that my money is at head office in Canadian dollars . I was given choice either to get them converted to indian rupee to deposit in my account or send them again . My bank was punjab and sind bank .
Thanks for reply. So did u send them again to scotia bank from there only or deposited to bank account here first and then sent back?

Joban52

Jan 19, 2018
I did not change the currency and sent the money again as the bank may use less currency rate while converting dollars to rupees .

Joban52

Jan 19, 2018
You will need to fill the forms again so, do check all the details and ask bank to provide swift copy .

Joban52

Jan 19, 2018
My gic was rejected on 8 march , received money on 14 . Transferred again on 15 and got gic on 20

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
My gic was rejected on 8 march , received money on 14 . Transferred again on 15 and got gic on 20
Hey! Can u tell one more thing... my bank is telling that the funds are in dollars already as u hv told me somthing about canada dollars head office.. right.. but the problem now is 80$ hv been deducted from those funds .So i jst wanna know how much amount did u got?

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
The same happened with me guys , my address in bank was different than my passport , my gic was rejected yesterday i.e 19th June , now the bank officials updated my address and wrote an application and told me that we will revert the money again to Scotiabank.
:( I am already getting late for visa . Any guess how much time is it gonna take?

Jaskiran kaur

May 23, 2018
The same happened with me guys , my address in bank was different than my passport , my gic was rejected yesterday i.e 19th June , now the bank officials updated my address and wrote an application and told me that we will revert the money again to Scotiabank.
:( I am already getting late for visa . Any guess how much time is it gonna take?
Well, when i was in the same situation i called scotia bank nd they asked me to wait for 10-12 working days and contact bank in case i don't get. So i waited for about 14 days nd contacted bank they tracked the wire transfer and within 2 days money was back in my account but with less 45000 rs and after two days i jst sent again.