+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gic funds not accepted

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Yes, this is ..and the reason was i waited for the funds and didn't contacted my bank because when i called scotia bank they didn't ask me to contact bank immediately and when i contacted bank they said that as it's more than 10 days so they have to get money back in my account ( considering current rate) otherwise they just have sent the updated address which avoids such kind of loss. So i guess as u hv contacted bank just the next day ...that's why they jjust gonna sent those 10200 dollars again with revised swift with updated address and hence..no need to convert them into indian currency.
Hi

I transferred my GIC on 21 July 2022. It was rejected on 29 July 2022. Its been more than 14 days but haven't received the refund. Where can i connect to track returned payment? when can i expect the same?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
No , i have not sent again , i asked the bank to revert it from wherever it is to Scotiabank again with updated address. They said it will take 4-5 business days . Waiting for a confirmation from scotiabank now , i guess i will get it by 26th and GIC Certificate by 28 or 29th
Hi

I transferred my GIC on 21 July 2022. It was rejected on 29 July 2022. Its been more than 14 days but haven't received the refund. Where can i connect to track returned payment? when can i expect the same?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
I've paid for GIC on 15th july, today 22/7/21 my payment got rejected due to the name mismatch. Anyone can tell me how long will it take to return or refund the money. And if returned any amount will be deducted? Any option or any idea on how to again do the payment? It's an emergency guys. Pls help
Hi

I transferred my GIC to Scotiabank on 21 July 2022. It was rejected on 29 July 2022 due to address mismatch. Its been more than 14 days but haven't received the refund. Where can i connect to track returned payment? when can i expect the same?

Girish Lele

Aug 14, 2022
Not fully solved as scotia bank rejected the GIC due to incorrect beneficiary details and now the bank is trying to send the money back from forien bank after updating the correct address,I do not know how many days would it take,we are just crossing the finger as the entire tuition and flight ticket payment have already been made by us.
Hi

I transferred my GIC to Scotiabank on 21 July 2022. It was rejected on 29 July 2022 due to address mismatch. Its been more than 14 days but haven't received the refund. Where can i connect to track returned payment? when can i expect the same?