Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi,
I have applied through express entry (inland). On June 7, I contacted CIC through IRCC web form, stated change in my material status, and included the marriage certificate. A week after, I received a general email saying that a person who wants to add his/her spouse should submit the following documents:
On July 2, I received another email saying that "Please be advised we have received your Marriage Certificate. You will be notified in due course if/when other documents are required.Your application is currently in queue awaiting review of an officer.".

On July 12, I submitted all the requested documents through IRCC web form, and then received the confirmation that these documents are received.

However, no email regarding creating UCI for her is sent to me. AM I on the right track? Thanks in advance for any response or guidanceece, truly appreciated,
Did you renew your passport with spouse details on it?

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Did you renew your passport with spouse details on it?
I'm not sure about your question. If you're asking if a female spouse should redo her passport so as to update it with information that shows she is now married, it is not necessary to the best of my knowledge.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I'm not sure about your question. If you're asking if a female spouse should redo her passport so as to update it with information that shows she is now married, it is not necessary to the best of my knowledge.
Yeah, I was asking the same. So, after one gets married and report it to IRCC there is no need to update spouse details on their passport, right?

ravstar

Sep 21, 2019
Hi all ,
I have only 2 slots to share documents of my spouse. I have following queries:
1. How do I share digital photo ? ( In the request letter from CIC link of specifications says dimension of 50x70 and also mentions about the back of photo with photographer details) it seems as if the specs refer to the physical photograph.

2. Form 5562E: request letter mentions travel details of spouse only. But form has section for me also. My details will exceed the given space. a.Can we share only spouse travel details leaving my section empty b. Shall this form be filled by my spouse as "you" and leave " your spouse " travel section empty.

3. Can we not take the print out of form and write the name in native script by pen before uploading as final PDF scan ?

Thanks

UMMEHA

Jan 2, 2017
I had got my PPR in March 2019 and was planning to complete my landing formalities in Oct 2019. However, got married in July 2019. I had informed IRCC about change in Marital Status and my application was updated and request was received to upload follwoing additional documents.

- Copy of your marriage certificate (nikah nama with certified translation in English or French) and the NADRA marriage registration certificate - Updated IMM8 and IMM5406 forms for you, including details of your spouse.

- Documents for your spouse: Schedule A, IMM5406 and IMM5562E application forms, copy of his birth certificate, copy of his passport bio page, two passport size photographs, police certificates for every country he has lived in for 6 months or more since age 18, online payment receipt for the processing fee and RPRF of CAD 1,040 (this is payable only if he will accompany you to Canada).

Questions:
1. Now all forms refer to "Principal applicant" and forms to be filled by PA. In this Scenario, Am I the Principal Applicant or the spouse should fill the form as applicant?
2. In IMM0008, if I am filling form as Principal applicant, should i select "Economic" or "Family" under "program under which you are applying"?

maral_meraj

Oct 5, 2019
I got PR last year and I was planning to get married around same time (before getting PR). When you get passport request email, they ask you if your status is changing in next 6 months or so. And I would recommend to let them know that you are getting married and plan to get PR for your spouse as well. Then add your spouse's name in ur application before landing itself. If you don't add Spouse in ur application before you land, you will have to file separate PR application for your spouse. Hope this helps :)
Did you send your passport the time you received your PPR or did you inform IRCC, added your spouse and then sent both passports?

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys i need advice..
Please someone help me
I received my ppr today and i got married last month but my lawyer didnot inform IRCC and now the decision has been made and in the email from the immigration it says if you have change in circumstances you have to let us know failure to do will result in admissibilty or cancellation of permanent residence..

I am very confused what should i do as my file is outside of canada and i got the ppr request.. can someone please tell me what should i do ..?do i need to submit my passport or wait for them after inform..

Please help me guys..

kiranpadman

Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys i need advice..
Please someone help me
I received my ppr today and i got married last month but my lawyer didnot inform IRCC and now the decision has been made and in the email from the immigration it says if you have change in circumstances you have to let us know failure to do will result in admissibilty or cancellation of permanent residence..

I am very confused what should i do as my file is outside of canada and i got the ppr request.. can someone please tell me what should i do ..?do i need to submit my passport or wait for them after inform..

Please help me guys..
Do not submit passport for visa stamping. Just respond through your lawyer or through express entry profile that your marital status has been changed. So, they will send you the required documents list for adding your spouse. Do not worry, it's normal. You will get another PPR in 2-4 months.

Reactions: Random9465

kiranpadman

Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys i need advice..
Please someone help me

Please help me guys..
Go through the thread you will get an idea.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Do not submit passport for visa stamping. Just respond through your lawyer or through express entry profile that your marital status has been changed. So, they will send you the required documents list for adding your spouse. Do not worry, it's normal. You will get another PPR in 2-4 months.
Ok so just letting them know will it stop my PPR req simultaneously or do we need to write them .. i have applied pnp and also one thing do they add spuse by theirselves or do we need to ask them like is it possible i just update my status and carry on with my pr..??

kiranpadman

Jan 28, 2018
Raise a cse form or through your profile, sent them a message that you have received PPR and your marital status has changed. You will be asking them the procedures and documents required for adding your spouse. They may take a while to reply since it all depends on case officer. So, be patient and go through this thread where you will get sufficient insights. If you have a representative, they may already know the process
Ok so just letting them know will it stop my PPR req simultaneously or do we need to write them .. i have applied pnp and also one thing do they add spuse by theirselves or do we need to ask them like is it possible i just update my status and carry on with my pr..??

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Raise a cse form or through your profile, sent them a message that you have received PPR and your marital status has changed. You will be asking them the procedures and documents required for adding your spouse. They may take a while to reply since it all depends on case officer. So, be patient and go through this thread where you will get sufficient insights. If you have a representative, they may already know the process
Thanks for your reply..

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys ..
I have applied through pnp and My visa office is sydney australia from where i receieved ppr 3 days back and got married in october and now i have to let them know my marital status been changed so please can you clear my few queries or any type of more information will be appreciated in order to do the fast process..

1. Do i need to email ottawa office too.??
As they are expecting my ppr reqquest..?

2. What should i write an email to them.?
Do i need to ask about my passport request extension..??

3. Is webform is more appropriate or email ..??

4. What is the email address for ottawa office for spouse inclusion..??

Thank you so much..

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hi guys ..
I have applied through pnp and My visa office is sydney australia from where i receieved ppr 3 days back and got married in october and now i have to let them know my marital status been changed so please can you clear my few queries or any type of more information will be appreciated in order to do the fast process..

1. Do i need to email ottawa office too.??
As they are expecting my ppr reqquest..?

2. What should i write an email to them.?
Do i need to ask about my passport request extension..??

3. Is webform is more appropriate or email ..??

4. What is the email address for ottawa office for spouse inclusion..??

Thank you so much..
1. Yes you can.
2. Let them know you got married and you wants to add your spouse to the application
3. Yes it is but in your case emailing Ottawa office and web form will both will me a good choice
4. CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca