+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

anirudhmagon

Nov 2, 2017
My spouse's took 2 weeks after submission..While my wife and myself submitted our PP on the 14/6/2019.
That means after submitting all the documents and medical, visa office took 2 weeks to issue PPR to both of you.
Time frame between date of submission of spouse documents and medical to PPR was 2 weeks...?

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hey, How much time does CIC takes after medical to issue COPR passport request. If medical was passed on 2nd August, when did you receive the request to submit passport.?
Hi, 11 months passed but still no update in status. Sent few mails in past few months, they said it is under processing. Donno how long wait i hv to do. Some people got in few weeks itself!

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Primary Office: New Delhi
Secondary Office : Ottawa
Economic Immigration (Canadian Experience Class)
Outland Applicant

Sept 2017: created profile
Oct 2017: ITA (Medical Test, PCC, fund, etc)
Nov 2017: Submitted all docs
Dec 2017: Passport Request
Jan 2018 : COPR received
May 2018: Married, informed cic about marital status. COPR cancelled.
June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.
July 2018: Spouse Name added to e-application/profile with a new UCI number.
September 2018: Medical Passed. Background check in progress.
October 2018: My Medicals expired :mad:

No progress/no more request letters since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Is anyone on the same boat?
Hi, i am in the same boat as you but my category is FSW. Our dates are pretty close. I added spouse in July 2018 end. 11 months passed but still no change in status. Our medicals will expire by July 2019 end. :mad: you said in (May 2018- COPR cancelled) but i dint get any such intimation- i was only informed to send spose docs but no mail came for COPR cancellation :confused:. How did you know it got cancelled ?

piussnow

May 8, 2019
That means after submitting all the documents and medical, visa office took 2 weeks to issue PPR to both of you.
Time frame between date of submission of spouse documents and medical to PPR was 2 weeks...?
The requested documents for my spouse was received on 30th April while in 2weeks time after the submission of her police certificate , she was asked to do her medical which was done on 30/5/2019, PPR on the 13/06/2019

Reactions: anirudhmagon

piussnow

May 8, 2019
Hi, 11 months passed but still no update in status. Sent few mails in past few months, they said it is under processing. Donno how long wait i hv to do. Some people got in few weeks itself!
They will definitely reply you. Keep faith.

piussnow

May 8, 2019
Hi, i am in the same boat as you but my category is FSW. Our dates are pretty close. I added spouse in July 2018 end. 11 months passed but still no change in status. Our medicals will expire by July 2019 end. :mad: you said in (May 2018- COPR cancelled) but i dint get any such intimation- i was only informed to send spose docs but no mail came for COPR cancellation :confused:. How did you know it got cancelled ?
You will be answer shortly. Keep faith and stay positive.

tjhunt

Feb 27, 2018
Minneapolis
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
Hi all so I getting married soon and I sent out my passport to CPC Ottawa for stamping. I am guessing they will send me my passport back without the stamp when I let them know about the marital status change? I have read that they ask the primary applicant to send them the passport so they can cancel the PR Visa. In my case they would probably send the passport back. Also I want to get the Medical Exam done for her as soon as possible, can I do it by providing my UCI number? Or do I have to wait until they issue her one? Thanks

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi all so I getting married soon and I sent out my passport to CPC Ottawa for stamping. I am guessing they will send me my passport back without the stamp when I let them know about the marital status change? I have read that they ask the primary applicant to send them the passport so they can cancel the PR Visa. In my case they would probably send the passport back. Also I want to get the Medical Exam done for her as soon as possible, can I do it by providing my UCI number? Or do I have to wait until they issue her one? Thanks
Hi, can you pls let me know where did you read this- "I have read that they ask the primary applicant to send them the passport so they can cancel the PR Visa" ? Thanks.

tjhunt

Feb 27, 2018
Minneapolis
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
Hi, can you pls let me know where did you read this- "I have read that they ask the primary applicant to send them the passport so they can cancel the PR Visa" ? Thanks.
You can search this thread, they won't cancel your whole application. Only the current copr, then they will issue a new visa

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi Guys I added my spouse to my application (cec inland) and sent the documents on March 7, 2019. My spouse UCI was generated on March 20, 2019. I called the CIC people and they said my file is getting processed in Vancouver office, no update till now. Anyone with same time line and waiting time?

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys I added my spouse to my application (cec inland) and sent the documents on March 7, 2019. My spouse UCI was generated on March 20, 2019. I called the CIC people and they said my file is getting processed in Vancouver office, no update till now. Anyone with same time line and waiting time?
Hi Chandar,

Exact same time-line, added my spouse on 08 March, 2019 and UCI generated on 16 March, 2019. My application is also processing at Vancouver office. No updates so far since UCI update.

psedo007

Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I got married one month after AOR (05/12/2018) I've added my spouse to my CIC application, it seem that IRCC, till now my spouse has not received bio request even if his medicals is passed, anyone is in the same case here ?